countrycousin
rover
howthewestwaswon
Lee
18 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Round 3 - South v Sturt  at Noarlunga  - Page 2 Empty Re: Round 3 - South v Sturt at Noarlunga

Post by bayman Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:23 pm

waddayamean wrote:I just hope the attempt at humour and crusified jokes ,poor at that , is stopped. Sturt by 39, closer if a bit slippery .

not as poor as your spelling of the said word......if you can't have a laugh in life well what's the point ? i'm sure the good lord himself would have heard those joke a trillion times & had a chuckle himself (or as my parish priest says herself)
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Round 3 - South v Sturt  at Noarlunga  - Page 2 Empty Re: Round 3 - South v Sturt at Noarlunga

Post by howthewestwaswon Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:51 am

It's a question of which team will 'rise' to the occasion really...
howthewestwaswon
howthewestwaswon

Teams : North Haven, BMW, BBH, South Whyalla, Lobethal
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Adelaide Hawk Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:59 am

Not really sure why, but I think South may just get over the line with this one. Toss of the coin job really.
Adelaide Hawk
Adelaide Hawk

Teams : Norwood, Hawthorn
My club : norwood

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:51 pm

FULL TIME @ HICKINBOTHAM OVAL, NOARLUNGA

GOOD FRIDAY FOOTBALL

LEAGUE:

Final Scores:

Sturt - 16.12 = 108

South - 14.11 = 95

Double Blues win by 13 points

GOAL KICKERS:

Sturt - J.Jenkins 3, M.Duldig, T.Gum, F.Evans 2, B.Kane, A.Thomson, P.Cahill, R.Tambling, B.Martin, M.Jaensch, T.McIntyre 1

South - S.McKernan 4, A.Ainger 3, J.Cross 2, T.Houlihan, J.Thewlis, T.Stribling, P.Rolfe, N.Daniel 1

MAJOR STATS WINNERS:

Sturt - B.Martin 27, J.Sheedy 21, M.Jaensch 21, R.Tambling 19, B.Kane 19, A.Riley 19, J,Anderson 18, S.Kerridge 13, L.Crane 12

South - N.Liddle 24, J.Bollenhagen 20, T.Houlihan 20, J.Cross 19, T.Stribling 19, T.McNamara 14, J.Thewlis 14, P.Rolfe 12

INSIDE 50's:

Sturt - 45

South - 44

CLEARANCES:

Sturt - 47

South - 49

RESERVES:

Final Scores:

Sturt - 16.16 = 112

South - 9.7 = 61

Double Blues win by 51 points

CROWD: 4,219 at Hickinbotham Oval, Noarlunga

Last edited by Big Phil on Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by rover Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:53 pm

I don't wish to disappoint anyone but those reserves scores(whilst correct) are back to front.
rover
rover

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:00 pm

what an absorbing contest, South looked a lot better in the air & also when they got space (as all teams do), yet without sounding disrespectful Sturt manage a smart game plan to pull off a win, Sturt started with a 4 or 5 goal breeze & only led by 2 points at the first break, then Sturt played one on one contested footy & bottled up the game the best they could & did it well & Sturt were a solitary point in front at the long break, with use of the breeze Sturt got to a 3 goal lead by lemon time & were playing better & smarter footy, with Souths turn with the breeze they rattled on 3 goals in 3 minutes to draw level, Sturt refused to give in & made every ball a contest, gave no room to South & got goals themselves after taking advantage of turnovers & went onto to a smart, well planned win.

Jenkins looks to be a player of the future
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Southee Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:14 pm

Disappointing for us.

Not good enough to lose your 2nd home game.

I think people think we are actually better than we are.....full credit to Sturt you guys played well.

I really dont know where this South side in 2012 sit at present but Im not liking it so far Sad
Southee
Southee

My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:16 pm

rover wrote:I don't wish to disappoint anyone but those reserves scores(whilst correct) are back to front.

Yes, I realised my mistake and have corrected it now, sorry guys...
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:31 am

waddayamean wrote:Really ordinary game of footy and both sides have a way to go yet I thought South looked better.
A good crowd and yet Sturt had to again fight for a gutsy win and another sub standard umpiring display.

Mr ground announcer needs to SHUT UP , it adds nothing at all except embarassment . Your call South but you are turning people off.Lights as per all the grounds except Norwood are crap . Everyone coments about them or mocks them. Very poor . Do it and do it right.

Sorry mate, I disagree...

I thought it was an entertaining game that didn't reach any lofty heights but was certainly better than most other games I've seen so far this year, bar the Sturt v Port game on telly last week.

The PA announcer didn't seem to turn awat the 4,000+ people that showed up last night. I don't think it is too bad to be honest and the lights aren't as good as Norwood, yes, but they are better than all the other grounds in my opinion, I didn't think they were too bad last night at all.

Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:07 am

the lights at All grounds a fine, ffs it isn't sunlight but who would expect it to be at night time
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Southee Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:14 am

waddayamean wrote:Really ordinary game of footy and both sides have a way to go yet I thought South looked better.
A good crowd and yet Sturt had to again fight for a gutsy win and another sub standard umpiring display.

Mr ground announcer needs to SHUT UP , it adds nothing at all except embarassment . Your call South but you are turning people off.Lights as per all the grounds except Norwood are crap . Everyone coments about them or mocks them. Very poor . Do it and do it right.

With all due respect, I totally disagree with this post. I went with 3 Sturt supporters last night and not one mentioned the lights. I think they are fine. They are alot better than Richmond, Thebbie, The Bay. I did not hear one comment on the lights all night.

The ground announcer, well I tend to agree with part of it. After every goal South kicks to me is a bit much. I know they are trying to create a 20/20 cricket , basketball feel down there but in my opinion would rather it without.

I think the night was successful. I also know the Sturt supporters I went with thought the same too.

One negative was the lack of catering. Food ran out at half time, massive lines and food and drink pretty costly. I think the club found it hard how many would turn up to the game but overall it was very under catered for. I heard a few complaints about this through out the night.

Crowd of 4200 (approx) I really thought looking at he crowd it was up near 5000. So I dont know how accurate this figure is.

Love to do the game next year and the biggest disappointment of the night for me was South's loss. These big build up games we always fail to win. (ie first night game).

I dont think South have an idea to win at home. If we are hoping to gain more supporters in the Southern area we must win at home or unfortunatley the supporters will not turn up to games. (I think every club is the same).

Well done Sturt you played great footy against the wind in the last 1/4.

South, well where do I start?? I actually dont think South are as good as many journos, supporters and critics think we are. They have not convinced me at all this year they are going to be a top 5 side. A few more games will give us more of an idea but we are way off it at the moment. Sad

With respect to West and Sturt (you guys are doing great this year!!), on last years form.....we should not lose to these sides.

Centrals at Elizabeth next week....Centrals 0-2....Im shaking at bit and fear the worst!!!

Southee
Southee

My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:22 am

waddayamean wrote:We agree to disagree , no worries there. Definately more than 4200 there though.I thought McKernnan was good as were Liddle & Cross .Liddle is a class act .

That is one thing I do agree with you on. The hill in front of the canteen was jam packed and I haven't seen it so busy under the Stratco shed in a long, long time...

It felt like there was 5,000 there for sure...
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2