Round 7: South v Sturt - Sunday 28 May @ Hickinbotham Oval

+3
bayman
Scrunch
Brucetiki
7 posters

Go down

Round 7: South v Sturt - Sunday 28 May @ Hickinbotham Oval Empty Round 7: South v Sturt - Sunday 28 May @ Hickinbotham Oval

Post by Brucetiki Mon May 22, 2017 6:31 pm

South v Sturt
Sunday 28 May
Hickinbotham Oval

Reserves: 11:30am
League: 2:10pm

South and Sturt have been in some winning form of late.  Who will continue their winning form this week?

Last edited by Brucetiki on Mon May 22, 2017 9:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Round 7: South v Sturt - Sunday 28 May @ Hickinbotham Oval Empty Re: Round 7: South v Sturt - Sunday 28 May @ Hickinbotham Oval

Post by bayman Mon May 22, 2017 7:36 pm

isn't this on Sunday ?

should be a beauty, i'll tip South to prevail as they have more players capable of kicking multiple goals

i hope it is Sunday as was very much looking forward to seeing this match
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Round 7: South v Sturt - Sunday 28 May @ Hickinbotham Oval Empty Re: Round 7: South v Sturt - Sunday 28 May @ Hickinbotham Oval

Post by Brucetiki Mon May 22, 2017 9:04 pm

bayman wrote:isn't this on Sunday ?

should be a beauty, i'll tip South to prevail as they have more players capable of kicking multiple goals

Why yes, yes it is

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Mon May 22, 2017 9:43 pm

Brucetiki wrote:
bayman wrote:isn't this on Sunday ?

Why yes, yes it is

good, thanks for the clarification, looking forward to 3 games in 3 days Cool
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Tue May 23, 2017 9:59 am

Would like to see the lineups first. Leaning toward South but Sturt are too good a side not to make a run at some stage.
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun May 28, 2017 5:59 pm

They're BAAAAAACK

selection dilemma coming up, surely Battersby will come back in after a run in the reserves today & Harms could be in the thinking as well

no intensity from South today, they were very lethargic for most of the day & on the other hand Sturt were back to their brilliant best.....i gave Sturt some chance but not to win by 52 points
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite Sun May 28, 2017 7:14 pm

South were lamentable today, it looked like the dark days of Ron Fullers tenure as coach. Clearly Sturt came to play- South didnt. South barely touched the footy in the first half and when they did they were under immense pressure, resulting very costly turnovers.
Sturt are back; they couldnt stay down for long with the talent laden side they have on the park. South have a tough 3 weeks coming up, Port, Eagles then Norwood; South supporters are about to find out where we stand in the scheme of things this year. Mad
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Teams : Naracoorte, Jamestown/Peterborough, Tipperary, HolyCross/Ballycahill GAA.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by Southee Sun May 28, 2017 9:33 pm

Weak performance by South today. One of the worst I have seen in some time.
Sturt played us like last years final - hit us very hard and we sadly went into our shells. Sturt way too physical one on one against us.
Sturt will come back from here. Riley really gives them that hardness and we seem to hate it.

Some very soft efforts witnessed today by South. Liddle battled his guts out with little help from his team mates.
Some players with question marks over their name at selection with a few boys due to come back from ressies.
(Good first win by ressies today)

Still looking ok but the next 3 weeks we will see where the South Adelaide Football Club stand - next 3 games - Port, Eagles and Norwood.
Southee
Southee

Back to top Go down

Post by Flag No.10 Mon May 29, 2017 6:49 am

Southee wrote:
Still looking ok but the next 3 weeks we will see where the South Adelaide Football Club stand - next 3 games - Port, Eagles and Norwood.

As a West Adelaide supporter, knowing where you stand is not all it's cracked up to be.
Flag No.10

Teams : West Adelaide
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Mon May 29, 2017 8:16 am

Flag No.10 wrote:
Southee wrote:

As a West Adelaide supporter, knowing where you stand is not all it's cracked up to be.

Noice Very Happy
Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite Mon May 29, 2017 2:32 pm

Call me what you like...call me a s-stirrer or a conspiracy theorist, whatever i dont care and Im prepared for the barrage Im sure to recieve even before I write this...
I'd say, having a bit of inside knowledge about these things that ex AFL players joining an sanfl club dont come cheap. I'd say that a reasonable ex afl player currently playing in the sanfl would demand somewhere in excess of 30k.- some probably much more up to 50k.
I often look at the opposition sides going around- excluding of course the 2 afl sides..and I do the math. Now I failed yr 12 maths, but I am quite adept at adding  and subtracting..!
There is currently an SANFL side going around with 4 ex AFL players on its list- all of whom have joined the sanfl within the last 2 years... this sanfl team also managed to secure the services of 2 elite sanfl players who 3 years ago hawked their services around as a package to any sanfl club willing to place a bid . - they had their own little dutch auction with of course the highest bidder obtaining their signatures. So its more than fair to say these guys didnt come much cheaper than 2 ex afl players...

do the math. Rolling Eyes
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Teams : Naracoorte, Jamestown/Peterborough, Tipperary, HolyCross/Ballycahill GAA.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down