Round 8: South Adelaide v Central at Noarlunga - Sat 2.10pm

5 posters

Go down

Round 8: South Adelaide v Central at Noarlunga - Sat 2.10pm Empty Round 8: South Adelaide v Central at Noarlunga - Sat 2.10pm

Post by Admin Thu May 27, 2021 2:03 pm

Will the Panthers bounce back after last week's loss and can Central continue the form from last week against Sturt?
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Round 8: South Adelaide v Central at Noarlunga - Sat 2.10pm Empty Re: Round 8: South Adelaide v Central at Noarlunga - Sat 2.10pm

Post by Lee Thu May 27, 2021 2:50 pm

You would thjink South would be too good, especially after the loss last week.

Central strike me as being a very hjonest side, a bit short on depth talent, but a solid outfit.

I rate Hoskin as one of the top SANFL players and him missing doesn't help, despite the win against Sturt.
Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Round 8: South Adelaide v Central at Noarlunga - Sat 2.10pm Empty Re: Round 8: South Adelaide v Central at Noarlunga - Sat 2.10pm

Post by Big Phil Fri May 28, 2021 7:17 am

Central's last win against South at Noarlunga was Round 19 in season 2015.

That was essentially a mini Elimination Final with the victor going through to finals and curtains on the year for the defeated.

Central got off to a fast start that game, then South came back at them, but the Dogs hung on on got through.

Current Central coach Paul Thomas was BOG while Caleb Edmead kicked 4 goals for the winners.

South's best that day is now playing reserves at the Redlegs, in Emmanuel Irra, while Sam Overal kicked 4 for the Panthers.

Should they win on Saturday, it would mark exactly 2,100 days since Central District last tasted victory at Flinders Uni Stadium.

As was the case last week for Central with their Unley Oval hoodoo, records are there to be broken.

Not sure Sam Overall will play for South?
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by blueandwhite Sun May 30, 2021 1:01 pm

Interesting game. Dogs certainly a far better side than most, including their supporters believed they would be this year.They took the game right up to South particularly in the first half. South over used and finessed and turned over the ball in a ridiculous manner early but slowly worked their way back into it and ran away in the last quarter.
Gibbs and Cross 28 poss @3.3 were given best players by the club, however like many others I thought Broadbent was Souths best.Not sure he will win the Magarey-he should , but Gibbs would be polling well at this stage id have thought.
looking forward to the inaugural "Gotch Cup" this week!!
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Teams : Naracoorte, Jamestown/Peterborough, Tipperary, HolyCross/Ballycahill GAA.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down