Round 4: South Adelaide v Sturt - Saturday 2.10pm

3 posters

Go down

Round 4: South Adelaide v Sturt - Saturday 2.10pm Empty Round 4: South Adelaide v Sturt - Saturday 2.10pm

Post by Admin Wed Apr 21, 2021 2:31 pm

Both teams coming off great wins last week. Who can keep the momentum running?
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Round 4: South Adelaide v Sturt - Saturday 2.10pm Empty Re: Round 4: South Adelaide v Sturt - Saturday 2.10pm

Post by Lee Wed Apr 21, 2021 6:43 pm

I think South are a pretty good side, perhaps a player or two short of premiership material but maybe not.

Sturt are reasonable, but South to win nicely.
Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Round 4: South Adelaide v Sturt - Saturday 2.10pm Empty Re: Round 4: South Adelaide v Sturt - Saturday 2.10pm

Post by blueandwhite Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:22 pm

Lee wrote:I think South are a pretty good side, perhaps a player or two short of premiership material  but maybe not.

Sturt are reasonable, but South to win nicely.

Short being the operative word !
We are being thrashed in the ruck but are still winning enough of it at ground level to post a good score.Caillotto and freitag will battle on, their second efforts are great, but they were both 5-10cm to short to compete against the likes of Hayes and Ladhams last week.
Interesting that Dean Brogans nephew and Michelle Brogan-Griffiths son is having a run in the 2s this week.... hes 204cm.

Always tough against Sturt, especially on that primary school sized ground of theirs, but this it at Noarlunga, Im tipping South by 2 pts.
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Teams : Naracoorte, Jamestown/Peterborough, Tipperary, HolyCross/Ballycahill GAA.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:17 pm

Hard to line up Sturt's win last week, as West were woeful. Sturt spent the last quarter as a training run, racking up short kick stats and not really trying to score. It was bizarre.

For all that, they played with spirit and organisation and were impressive. Liked the look of Voss, Petullo is dangerous (West tried to recruit him, but didn't persist) and Battersby just racks them up. A few of their lesser-known players were good.

To me, South have been developing a 'home-grown' side for the last couple of years, bolstered by the experience of Broadbent and now Gibbs. Smart choices to add to a young group.

They've got some young guns - Fitt and Milsom (father and grandfather both played for Westies - what happened there?).

South nicely in a tough contest.
Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down