Round 7 - South v Glenelg @ Noarlunga (Sun 22/5)

+2
Admin
Big Phil
6 posters

Go down

Round 7 - South v Glenelg @ Noarlunga (Sun 22/5) Empty Round 7 - South v Glenelg @ Noarlunga (Sun 22/5)

Post by Big Phil Tue May 18, 2021 10:35 pm

Interesting head to head stats for this top of the table clash. Match of the Round for mine.

ALL RECENT ENCOUNTERS:
The last 9 games have been split 4 wins each and the draw at The Bay in Round 3 of 2019.

AT NOARLUNGA:
South Adelaide have won the last 7 encounters
Glenelg's last win at Noarlunga Oval was way back on Friday 23rd of March, Round 1 of season 2013*

*If the Bays win on Sunday, this would be 2,977 days since they would have defeated the Panthers down there.

Interesting score line / better players from this game, below.

SA - 3.4 = 22 | 7.5 = 47 | 10.05 = 65 | 14.06 = 90
GL - 2.3 = 15 | 8.6 = 54 | 14.10 = 94 | 17.17 = 119

SOUTH ADELAIDE
Goal Kickers: M. Wundke 5, S. Snook 3, N. Liddle 2, P. Rolfe 2, J. Cross , B. Eddy
Best Players: M. Wundke, K. Miller

GLENELG
Goal Kickers: R. Kirkby 4, J. Trembath 3, A. Hooper 3, C. Hitchcock 2, T. Allen , L. Hender , C. Pitt , T. Lynch , T. Logan
Best Players: C. Pitt, T. Logan, T. Lynch, S. Tapp, K. Tenace, W. Mcginty
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Round 7 - South v Glenelg @ Noarlunga (Sun 22/5) Empty Re: Round 7 - South v Glenelg @ Noarlunga (Sun 22/5)

Post by Admin Wed May 19, 2021 8:59 am

Deserving of the stand alone time slot on the Sunday and a great opportunity for the game to be really publicised for fans, neutrals and viewers of Digital Pass.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Round 7 - South v Glenelg @ Noarlunga (Sun 22/5) Empty Re: Round 7 - South v Glenelg @ Noarlunga (Sun 22/5)

Post by blueandwhite Wed May 19, 2021 10:13 am

Should be a cracking game, but should have been played as a stand alone on Good Friday..
I'll be absent but I'm sure the Panfs can get over the line in my absence. South play the vast acreage at Flinders Uni Stadium very well and are tough to beat at home. Difficult to believe that Glenelg have not won at Noarlunga for 8 yrs, but there you go.
Should be an excellent crowd seeing the Bays southern boundary is only 2 sets of traffic lights north of the ground on the Lonsdale Hwy.
Go Panfs..
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Teams : Naracoorte, Jamestown/Peterborough, Tipperary, HolyCross/Ballycahill GAA.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Fri May 21, 2021 11:15 pm

I MIGHT HAVE $20.00 ON THE DRAW
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Fri May 21, 2021 11:35 pm

At the first bounce of this match, Bayman will be right
After that I think South will outscore Glenelg and win
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Mon May 24, 2021 6:55 pm

Glenelg good, but as well as the Bays played, I thought South were very disappointing and far from their best.

Glenelg's flag to lose from here.

What are the odds for an undefeated premiership season? Wink
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Mon May 24, 2021 9:43 pm

Scrappy wrote:At the first bounce of this match, Bayman will be right
After that I think South will outscore Glenelg and win

Well at least I was right at some stage

Let’s put this game into perspective, yes we played well & lost a man (Hosie) I think it was in the third quarter but not totally sure, however South were down two men before halftime

As for ours to lose BP, (definitely a top 3 team) turn it up my friend it’s way too early for that

It has been a long time since I’ve seen people lining up to get into the footy at Noarlunga, great for South & the sanfl

As for an undefeated season, that won’t happen, just like Melbourne they all eventually lose one
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by C.K Mon May 24, 2021 10:39 pm

As Batman rightly said, South losing Wilkinson early hurt their rotations, but they were simply overrun in the last 40 minutes by a very hungry and committed Glenelg. Bays will be monitoring Hosie carefully, he looked in trouble with the hamstring. They would be thrilled with youngsters like Searle and Newman jumping straight into this level and performing really well.

South need to persist with Daniel Nobes in attack. Presents hard and his late mark against two Glenelg defenders was pure strength - not surprising given his dad's feats in southern footy for years.

Panthers fans will watch Jason Horne with mixed emotions, knowing he won't be there next year. I said in the telecast that I haven't seen a youngster so ready for AFL at SANFL level since his teammate wearing number 2, some 15 years ago. The way he thinks his way through situations is a joy to watch.

To see such a big lineup an hour before the bounce was brilliant, and a huge crowd on the hill made me wonder if the crowd figure listed was correct. I thought it was over 3000 there. Thoroughly enjoyable match to showcase our league but South have a lot to consider from that if they are to seriously challenge for the flag.
C.K
C.K

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite Tue May 25, 2021 7:29 pm

Missed this one but sadly busted my gut getting to Darwin in time to watch it on Digital Pass- great call btw CK.
Bitterly disappointing performances by many in the South side. Our forward entries were apalling and gave our forwards very little chance. Bays flogged us in the tackle count, and applied a lot of pressure. Gibbs got plenty of it but burnt it quite often imo. I thought Cross and Horne were our best by a long way. The loss of Heaslip and O'Neill before the game hurt our midfield a lot- and the subsequent loss of Wilkinson early in the game as well.
Horne is in the words of our coach is "a very special player" and has a big future.IMO he is the best local product South have produced since Mark Naley; he is good inside , lightening quick on the outside with elite skills, and a very good contested mark. An Afl scout I know has likened him to a young Nat Fyffe... which is a fair wrap.. he's certainly spent some time in the gym since his first league game mid season last year, and physically looks at ease with all the physical attention that he attracts weekly. good luck to young cracka..!
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Teams : Naracoorte, Jamestown/Peterborough, Tipperary, HolyCross/Ballycahill GAA.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Wed May 26, 2021 9:05 pm

bayman wrote:As for ours to lose BP, (definitely a top 3 team) turn it up my friend it’s way too early for that

yeah, I know. I was just blowing it up because you look like world beaters at the moment. Even your poor games are better than some of the mid tier teams absolute best.

bayman wrote:As for an undefeated season, that won’t happen, just like Melbourne they all eventually lose one
Krissie Steen's SANFLW Roosters team from last season say g'day, Bayman Wink
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Thu May 27, 2021 10:52 pm

Big Phil wrote:
bayman wrote:As for ours to lose BP, (definitely a top 3 team) turn it up my friend it’s way too early for that

yeah, I know. I was just blowing it up because you look like world beaters at the moment. Even your poor games are better than some of the mid tier teams absolute best.

bayman wrote:As for an undefeated season, that won’t happen, just like Melbourne they all eventually lose one
Krissie Steen's SANFLW Roosters team from last season say g'day, Bayman Wink

i'd take that had they played an 18-22 game season, not about half that Wink
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down