UncleHuey
mickyj
rocket_rooster
MichaelScott
Admin
28 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

2016 SANFL Grand Final: Woodville/West Torrens v Sturt - Page 2 Empty Re: 2016 SANFL Grand Final: Woodville/West Torrens v Sturt

Post by Scrappy Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:07 am

Of the current existing SANFL clubs there is an opportunity for Sturt

PREMIERSHIPS 1877-2015
NW 30
NA 13
ST 13
SA 11
CD  9
WA  9
GL   4
EG   3
AC   0
PA   0

That opportunity is to become the second most successful existing premiership club

Sturt will have 14 Premierships if successful v Eagles
If we include a version of PA 1870 onwards , then ST will be the 3rd most successful premiership winning team to participate in the SANFL
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

2016 SANFL Grand Final: Woodville/West Torrens v Sturt - Page 2 Empty Re: 2016 SANFL Grand Final: Woodville/West Torrens v Sturt

Post by rocket_rooster Wed Sep 21, 2016 12:02 pm

Scrappy wrote:IF Sturt stay with EG early there is a potential for a drawn game at full time

If a draw , do they play extra time, and how long ?

The following were the SANFL rules as at 2014 :

In the event of a drawn Grand Final at league level, extra time will be played.
•At the conclusion of full-time the goal umpires shall check the scores, if tied; the teams shall be allowed a five minute break. Coaches may consult their players during this five minute break.
•The teams shall change ends and play for five minutes plus time on.
•There then will be a three minute break.
•The teams shall change ends and play a further five minutes plus time on.
• If the scores are still tied, the above procedures shall be followed until there is a result.

The AFL this year have brought in similar rules should the Grand Final end in a draw. They have one major difference in that if the scores are tied after the second period of extra time the game will continue until there is a score. That is similar to Rugby League's golden point.

I don't like extra time but I think the SANFL's 2014 approach is better than the AFL's new rule.
rocket_rooster
rocket_rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Wed Sep 21, 2016 12:35 pm

I prefer Grand Final replays
So should the AFL/SANFL = $$$$$$$$$$$

The AFL first score after the extra times could be unfair
Unfair if there is a strong breeze favoring one end

Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Thu Sep 22, 2016 8:48 am

" You sit there and you feel pretty helpless
I couldnt even walk down at quarter time or couldnt go down into the rooms at half time because I was only a week and a bit out of knee surgery."

By
Angus Rowntree
Talking about the 2015 Grand Final day

Will this be 3rd time lucky for Angus ?
He missed playing in the 2011 Eagles Premiership win over Centrals
On that occasion he unfortunately had a bout of pneumonia leading into the Grand Final
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Thu Sep 22, 2016 10:22 am

Scrappy wrote:" You sit there and you feel pretty helpless
I couldnt even walk down at quarter time or couldnt go down into the rooms at half time because I was only a week and a bit out of knee surgery."

By
Angus Rowntree
Talking about the 2015 Grand Final day

Will this be 3rd time lucky for Angus ?
He missed playing in the 2011 Eagles Premiership win over Centrals
On that occasion he unfortunately had a bout of pneumonia leading into the Grand Final
This by me is not about the GF Rowntrees first seconds game back he was only supposed to play two quarters . The Eagles kicked badly something like 4 goals 16 . rowntree did not go off he stepped up went into the centre or stayed in the centre and clawed back an unwinabke game .
I'm just posting this it was 2016 at Alberton oval . He put himself in and the game became winnable .

To me as a one eyed Eagles fan that is how Gus plays he will dig deep and so will the team .
And before his return I watched him at oval av doing running before a seconds game started .
Eagles have so much to prove and make up for
mickyj
mickyj

My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Thu Sep 22, 2016 5:21 pm

Woodville-West Torrens midfielder James Boyd has been named to play in Sunday’s SANFL IGA League Grand Final against Sturt at Adelaide Oval.

Sidelined with a broken collarbone since Round 21, Boyd has recovered swiftly to put himself in with a chance of playing in the title-decider from 2.40pm.

The West End State team on-baller will be put through a physical test at the club’s main training session at Adelaide Oval on Thursday night, to ensure he will be fit to face the Double Blues.

Magarey Medal runner-up Nick O’Brien is more certain of playing, having overcome the minor hamstring strain which kept him out of the Second Semi-Final.

Boyd and O’Brien’s return will give Eagles coach Michael Godden a significant headache at selection with two players needing to be trimmed before the bounce.

Classy small forward Lachlan McGregor will play after making a successful return from a broken arm in the Second Semi-Final, with Jackson Press and Sam Rowland the other two players listed on the extended interchange bench.

EAGLES
F: Lewis, Redden, N. Hayes
HF: Gaffney, Ainger, Wundke
C: Goldsworthy, Poole, Hall
HB: Jarrad, Von Bertouch, Allmond
B: P. Raymond, Thompson, Giuffreda

R: Borholm, Petrenko, Rowntree
INT: Rowland, McGregor, Press, O’Brien, Boyd
IN: O’Brien, Boyd
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:08 pm

to me, both teams look close to full strength, so no excuses for either team, i think it'll go down to the wire, if the rain does come i think it suits the Eagles a lot more than it suits Sturt
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:27 am

STURT

Sturt coach Martin Mattner could have the luxury of taking in an unchanged line-up to Sunday’s IGA League Grand Final against the Eagles at Adelaide Oval.

Coming off an outstanding 35-point win against Adelaide in the Preliminary Final, the Double Blues have added two players to their 23-man squad.

Ruckman Andre Parrella and utility Sean Samblich have been listed on the five-man extended interchange bench, which must be trimmed by two before the bounce.

Parrella – who hasn’t played since Round 22 - gives Mattner the option of tackling the Eagles ruck combination of Marc Borholm and Jarrad Redden with an extra tall in the side, joining former Crows rookie Jack Osborn.

Samblich, who was squeezed out of the line-up for the Preliminary Final, had previously played a solid role in the Qualifying and Second Semi-Finals.

The man who replaced Samblich – Henry Carey – certainly did his best to stake a claim for Sunday’s title-decider when he was not only clean with his disposal but desperate in his attitude, evidenced by his final term smother against the Crows.

F: Hansen, K. Beard, Gamble
HF: Greenslade, M. Evans, Hone
C: Harms, Battersby, Crocker
HB: Page, Stephens, Martin
B: Gilfoy, F. Evans, McMahon

R: Osborn, Kirkwood, Riley
INT: Jonas, Carey, Samblich, Parrella, Lienert
IN: Parrella, Samblich
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:28 am

I think Sturt need a couple of things to go their way:

1. Don't get blown away early
2. Accuracy in front of goal

I think in the 2nd Semi they missed some opportunities to apply scoreboard pressure and see how the Eagles respond. The longer the game goes, if Sturt are in touch or in front, the bigger chance they have as they seem like a plucky unit playing with confidence. They have plenty of run and look dangerous when they take the game on and their faithful have their backs.

That said, the Eagles didn't finish top by luck. They never bring a poor game, and obviously will be smarting after last season.

Usually in a GF like this, with these two teams coming from where they have, you get 1 of 2 scenarios:

1. Rested Minor Premier beats up on a team with a few injuries coming off a hard road
2. Team thats finals hardened takes it right up to the Minor Premier, and we end up with a cracking contest.

Let's hope for the latter. Good luck to both clubs, may the best team win!!
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:40 am

I do wonder Boyd in that increases the Eagles pace in the midfield and Obrien yes sturt kirkwood won the medal obrien came second , Both didnt play in the win over sturt do sturt need to think about that or go in like two weeks ago
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Brucetiki Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:12 am

For those going to the game, you'll have the choice of 3 Budget Covers - an Eagles-centric one, a Sturt-centric one, or a neutral one. As per recent years it'll be $5

http://www.sanfl.com.au/news/sanfl_news/3700/

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Fri Sep 23, 2016 1:01 pm

I think the Eagles will be hurting from last year and should win a close one.

Their forward line looks too strong for Sturt although the double blues midfield might shade the Eagles. Sturt need to get value for money from their forward entries. I think their run will worry the Eagles a first but the week off will help Eagles who I think will finish stronger.

I agree with Scrunch, for Sturt to win they need to win the first half of the game and make it count on the scoreboard. If that is the case and they can make the Eagles play catch-up for the whole game they are a big chance.
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele Fri Sep 23, 2016 2:27 pm

Good luck to both set of supporters. I will be there Sunday
Thiele
Thiele

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by killer Fri Sep 23, 2016 5:20 pm

can't be there, but hope its a good game
killer
killer

Back to top Go down

Post by IAmTheWarrior Sat Sep 24, 2016 8:16 am

Could not manage a trip home this weekend but will be cheering hard from this side of the border. C'mon Eagles!! (In both games!!)
IAmTheWarrior
IAmTheWarrior

Teams : Woodville (now WWT), Crows, Strathfieldsaye Storm and Sunshine Kangaroos

Back to top Go down

Post by oldfella Sat Sep 24, 2016 12:57 pm

Westies are not there but 4 kids i know from westies are with the eagles so i will barrack for them today.

oldfella
oldfella

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by PhilH Sat Sep 24, 2016 10:10 pm

2016 SANFL Grand Final: Woodville/West Torrens v Sturt - Page 2 Lifefm15
PhilH
PhilH

Teams : Eagles, Adelaide Bite, Green Bay Packers, Milwaukee Brewers

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilH Sat Sep 24, 2016 10:11 pm

2016 SANFL Grand Final: Woodville/West Torrens v Sturt - Page 2 Lifefm16
PhilH
PhilH

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilH Sat Sep 24, 2016 10:13 pm

2016 SANFL Grand Final: Woodville/West Torrens v Sturt - Page 2 Lifefm17
PhilH
PhilH

Back to top Go down

Post by BloodnTars Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:14 am

Reckon the Eagles are not going to let the same thing happen as last year. Eagles by 5-6 goals.
BloodnTars
BloodnTars

Teams : West Adelaide, Adelaide Crows, Gepps Cross

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Sun Sep 25, 2016 2:38 pm

Nearly game time
Best odds with the bookies

EG $1-40 [Unitab]
ST $3-20 [Crownbet]

Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Sep 25, 2016 2:39 pm

Looks a bumper crowd
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Sun Sep 25, 2016 2:42 pm

My prediction
EG 10-10 [70]
ST 9-16 [70]
Extra time to be played
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by killer Sun Sep 25, 2016 2:53 pm

eagles by 7
10 minutes in
killer
killer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next