Scrappy
Southee
Lee
saintal
The Hatchet
17 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

SANFL Grand Final: Port v Sturt - Sunday 24 September @ Adelaide Oval Empty SANFL Grand Final: Port v Sturt - Sunday 24 September @ Adelaide Oval

Post by Brucetiki Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:45 pm

Port v Sturt
Sunday 24 September
Adelaide Oval

2:40pm

The story so far:

2017 Minor Round placings:
Port 2nd 13-5 59.93%
Sturt 3rd 12-5-1 54.86%

2017 meetings:
Round 5: Port 19.10.124 d Sturt 9.10.64 @ Alberton Oval
Round 10: Sturt 14.8.92 d Port 9.6.60 @ Peter Motley Oval
Qualifying Final: Port 13.11.89 d Sturt 11.8.74 @ Adelaide Oval

2017 summary:
Port, boosted by having a very small injury list, fielded some very strong sides during the season (sometimes needing to relegate captain Steven Summerton to the Reserves). A very solid, consistent season saw them finish 2nd at the end of the minor round, and not even the elimination of the Power stopped them storming into a Grand Final.

Sturt started their Premiership defence very slowly. They then started winning, and winning, and winning. They had a bit of a late season stumble, drawing with a fading Norwood in the final minor round game, and letting Port get out to a big lead they just couldn't draw back in the Qualifying Final.

So who will win the 2017 SANFL Grand Final? Will Port win their first flag as the Power's Reserves side, or will Sturt go back to back?

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

SANFL Grand Final: Port v Sturt - Sunday 24 September @ Adelaide Oval Empty Re: SANFL Grand Final: Port v Sturt - Sunday 24 September @ Adelaide Oval

Post by Thiele Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:48 pm

Go Sturt
Thiele
Thiele

My club : west

Back to top Go down

SANFL Grand Final: Port v Sturt - Sunday 24 September @ Adelaide Oval Empty Re: SANFL Grand Final: Port v Sturt - Sunday 24 September @ Adelaide Oval

Post by bayman Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:44 pm

i said about 10 months ago that the Power reserves will go top & daylight will run second, if it rains it might be a bit closer but either way it'll be a comfortable win for the Power reserves..........if constant rumours are correct it could be Steven Summertons' last match....Brett Eddy to kick a Michelle & Louis Sharrad to win the Jack Oatey medal

Power Reserves 18.15.123
Sturt 6.9.45
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:01 pm

Ouch!

Good write up BT but....ouch!
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Post by Flag No.10 Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:08 pm

Will Snelling could win his 2nd SANFL Premiership in 3 years with 2 different clubs. I doubt that has happened before to a 20 year-old.
Flag No.10

Teams : West Adelaide

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:16 pm

Flag No.10 wrote:Will Snelling could win his 2nd SANFL Premiership in 3 years with 2 different clubs. I doubt that has happened before to a 20 year-old.

Jarrod Lienet could win back to back premierships with 2 different teams in the two years & obviously playing against the team he won a flag for last year too boot
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:25 pm

This has shades of '76 about it. However, can't see 66,000 rolling up, even if they could swing from the scoreboard and the fig trees.

Port Reserves almost unbackable from the general consensus here.

Jack Osborne to reprise last week's hangar and take a specky on #7? Who is #7.

In reality the key to scoring is Kory Beard. He takes grabs like the Jumbo (and will need to). But we will need Hone, Sutcliffe and M Evans if he comes in to bob up with a couple each. Dodd also needs to lift a bit.

If Hansen gets up his new name will be Lazarus.

And Sumner played his best game in blue last week I reckon. Troubled the stats man 50% more than usual and seemed more self-assured with his disposal.

We're going to need a fair old team effort to negate Bayman's prediction.

At this stage of the week Evans in for Hansen would seem logical to me. M Evo would have been stung by his omission last weekend.

Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:56 pm

Sturt have already gone top in the u/18's...if they get the reserves & league winning double on Sunday would that clean sweep be the pinnacle of their 116 (i think) year existence ?
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:54 am

It's good, but doesn't top the 66-70 run in my view.
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite Wed Sep 20, 2017 1:03 pm

Personally I'm not a fan of either of these clubs, in fact far from it!
I think Port should win and win comfortably...IF they are all fair dinkum and not thinking about who's first shout on mad Monday with their AFL buddies.
If the Port midfield can get enough of it, and deliver to a spacious open forward line, Brett Eddy will provide Sturt with a monstrous headache. If he is allowed space he has no one at Sturt capable of going with him.
However, I believe it will be a damp track on Sunday, so I think that may help Sturt and bring Port back to the field in the leg speed department.
I'm tipping Port by 25 points.
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Teams : Naracoorte, Jamestown/Peterborough, Tipperary, HolyCross/Ballycahill GAA.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:48 pm

Went to training at Unley tonight, the BBQ was great & very reasonably priced, $2.00 sausage & onions in bread

Hansen just walked laps, obviously he'll have to prove his fitness on Friday

Reasonable crowd of around 400-500

Interesting training jumpers a few of them wore, I thought it must've been a jumper idea for a Glenelg-Sturt merger, that being a gold jumper with the traditional black Sturt logo on the front
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilH Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:31 pm

Probably for intra club drills
PhilH
PhilH

Teams : Eagles, Adelaide Bite, Green Bay Packers, Milwaukee Brewers
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:21 pm

Correct, Phil. All clubs would have a 'clash' Guernsey.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by The Hatchet Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:55 pm

is it a sign of the times that the day before a grand final, nobody has posted any discussion about the game for two days? a huge shame to see interest drop away so much.

should be a close game but port to just get home.
The Hatchet
The Hatchet

Back to top Go down

Post by saintal Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:26 pm

Port's presence has tarnished the game. My interest has never been lower for a GF.
saintal
saintal

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:30 pm

Yes, have to say I'm more interested in the Reserves GF, of course.

Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Southee Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:46 pm

saintal wrote:Port's presence has tarnished the game. My interest has never been lower for a GF.

Agree Saintal. No interest in this game at all. 2 sides I dislike with a passion.
Southee
Southee

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:40 pm

The last final I went to was last year when Adelaide Crows eliminated South Adelaide
Next to me was an irate non South Adelaide supPORTer who abused the Adelaide players as they walked of the field at games end
Its NOT the players fault
From that point , I have not bothered attending any more SANFL finals
I know it was only one individual who spoiled the day, but it was more or less a second last straw for me
I only attend home and away games

Today if the Port Reserves players win , I  dont think the players deserve any emotional responses about being an AFL reserves team
Their supPORTers should be happy they have won, as would I if  my teams seconds won a premiership
For the Port reserves players its an honor to be participating in a grand Final
I certainly wont begrudge them winning , I know of others that will

As for both teams
Arguably the best 2 teams in the comp this season
Both been good to watch during the season , both deserve to be playing off in a grand final
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by killer Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:17 pm

Is Darryl Braithwaite going to sing the Horsie song?

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-07-05/pants-wearing-horse-art-installation-divides-opinion-in-darwin/8677426
killer
killer

Back to top Go down

Post by Brucetiki Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:42 pm

Everything but level 5 of the Riverbank Stand open for seating today.

Crowd building up nicely, and the train in was about as full as it normally is for a Crows game. Reckon we could push 40k today.

Back to top Go down

Post by Brucetiki Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:35 pm

Interesting use of the Sturt club song today. The used the current version for the Reserves but the League side ran out to the 2000’s version of the club song.

Back to top Go down

Post by killer Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:41 pm

Game on
killer
killer

Back to top Go down

Post by Brucetiki Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:42 pm

Farcical scenes with the national anthem where he singer starts singing it before the players and umpires are even in position.

Fair bit of the crowd caught by surprise by it too.

Back to top Go down

Post by killer Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:51 pm

8 minutes in
Sturt 1.0 6
Port Reserves 0.2 2

first goal of the game for Beard
killer
killer

Back to top Go down

Post by killer Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:53 pm

goal to the PR

Sturt 1.0

Port reserves 1.2
killer
killer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next