Chambo Off To Work We Go
Big Phil
EagleRock
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Eagles - Page 2 Empty Re: Eagles

Post by mickyj Fri Sep 09, 2016 11:50 am

bayman wrote:well i for one was confused early & had no idea about any changes like that & given PhilH's post who cleared it up by explaining the changes including his own Shocked departure, i am glad Wadda posted this as i have learnt something....good luck Phil on going back to a full time job

Yet the Eagles notified is members months ago including Phils last home game
Sorry bayman it's old news for us Eagles members
Guess no one posted it online
Think it was all around the time a son left the father was no longer in charge of the Club
Simple way of writing what went on
mickyj
mickyj

My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Fri Sep 09, 2016 2:14 pm

waddayamean wrote:Is this just not another complete over reaction from a post of mine ? That is seriously crazy and pathetic. No wonder I have said some are insecure. Unbelievable.

If you gave us a sniff of where you are coming from:
- club
- clear meaning
- without the barbs
- etc
- etc

Maybe we'd have an inkling of what you're talking about.

You can call it insecure, pathetic, foot police from the mods or whatever you like.
But at the end of the day, we just don't get you W.

If you came clean about what it is you're trying to say without the swipes at people and let us know more directly where your allegiances lie, your comments might become clearer.

We all post here because we are all passionate (albeit in varying degrees, yes) about the sanfl and footy more generally.

Some put their butts on the line at board level and believe me it is very hard to hide when you do that.
So it is like marriage, for better or for worse. You may or may not contribute a lot, you may make mistakes, but you put your hand up and that deserves respect.

Some just follow their clubs because they've been doing since before they could p!ss standing up. (Hey Micky? Very Happy ).

Some take out other roles in clubs because they feel they can contribute. Be it marketing, selling raffle tickets or putting up the sponsors signs around the ground. (I did find that particular early morning air exhilarating - just without the aroma of dog poo).

Some just take out memberships or just go to the footy. Some get involved in the wider sanfl media.

All of it contributes to the product we all hold dear.

I do find it offensive that the contribution of all these people can be so summarily discounted at so many levels, no matter to who your allegiances lie.

As said above, "unbelievable". Indeed.

Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Sat Sep 10, 2016 12:57 am

Chambo Off To Work We Go wrote:
waddayamean wrote:Is this just not another complete over reaction from a post of mine ? That is seriously crazy and pathetic. No wonder I have said some are insecure. Unbelievable.

- club
- clear meaning
- without the barbs
- etc
- etc

You can call it insecure, pathetic, foot police from the mods or whatever you like.

If you came clean about what it is you're trying to say without the swipes at people and let us know more directly where your allegiances lie, your comments might become clearer.

We all post here because we are all passionate (albeit in varying degrees, yes) about the sanfl and footy more generally.

Some put their butts on the line at board level and believe me it is very hard to hide when you do that.
So it is like marriage, for better or for worse. You may or may not contribute a lot, you may make mistakes, but you put your hand up and that deserves respect.

Some just follow their clubs because they've been doing since before they could p!ss standing up. (Hey Micky?  Very Happy ).

Some take out other roles in clubs because they feel they can contribute. Be it marketing, selling raffle tickets or putting up the sponsors signs around the ground. (I did find that particular early morning air exhilarating - just without the aroma of dog poo).

Some just take out memberships or just go to the footy. Some get involved in the wider sanfl media.

I do find it offensive that the contribution of all these people can be so summarily discounted at so many levels, no matter to who your allegiances lie.

I'm guilty as charged Chambo
I think let's call my exemployer was not pleased I attended SANFL games
And the times I attended meaning watching Eagles training after my 8 hour shift ended rather than work 10 or 12 hour days my guts would have been made into garters .
I'm just a member/ fan
I'm not sure if me going at present would be seen in a good light with a court case .
But the way I was at the parade good example not to work .

But that's me just a fan a member .
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Sat Sep 10, 2016 3:38 am

And that's good enough!
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by mickyj Sat Sep 10, 2016 10:57 pm

waddayamean wrote:
Chambo Off To Work We Go wrote:

- club
- clear meaning
- without the barbs
- etc
- etc

Some just follow their clubs because they've been doing since before they could p!ss standing up. (Hey Micky?  Very Happy ).

All that because I asked about a change off field at the Eagles ? What does that have anything to do with my post ? You make little sense in a lot of your posts. I won't add to this as it will be seen like a barb . Oh and who is we ?

No offence here but what you were trying to post about was told to Eagles members way back in May .
Yes Schwarz left to play for north big deal he was told to start in the seconds due to injury I think then spat the dummy went to north . Is he playing finals footy in the league this year umm no .
His dad left or the Club changed mangement a few weeks later big deal whoopy do .
Eagles are in the finals
PHIL left a part time job to get a full time job
Luke Jarrad retiring and going home to Victoria

So what's your point whoever is feeding you info might be correct but it's getting to you in September
And I'm over 50 I've worked for a couple of companies the bottom line is all that matters in a football club that means wins over loses and playing finals

Once again not looking for a fight .
But tell us who you support and why are you hunting Eagles .
Maybe we should name you Elma Fudd its eagle season
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:43 am

Mickyj, PhilH & co,
I think you guys are being way too defensive, this post is late in your eyes fine, however for the rest of us who didn't know it is interesting, I can not see anything sinister in the initial post
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:54 am

bayman wrote:Mickyj, PhilH  & co,
                                   I think you guys are being way too defensive, this post is late in your eyes fine, however for the rest of us who didn't know it is interesting, I can not see anything sinister in the initial post

That's me Bayman I'm defensive lol
If what we have written is not the answer the original poster should correct us .
Simple cause we all make mistakes .

Plus the original poster could tell us who he follows that should clear up a mystery .
Just seems funny the original poster seems to want to post things about
1 Eagles
2 Sturt
3 south
4 west
Most posts have been about lack of crowds
But it's just me being like a cop sniffing around wishing to know more .
And the original poster may have posted about other teams I've missed .
Or is the original poster just trying to be like a certain fishing lure that starts with a T
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Sep 11, 2016 1:12 am

I think you'll find wadda has "ask questions" about every team, I don't know & don't care who he barracks for, fwiw my guess is he is either a person who has given up caring since the afl teams came in or was not happy with the merger at the end of 1990, however it is just a guess, as for the crowd issues I was the one that started that, it was started merely as a discussion point as I was truly worried about the look of low crowds at the football & nothing more than that
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Sun Sep 11, 2016 2:11 am

bayman wrote:I think you'll find wadda has "ask questions" about every team, I don't know & don't care who he barracks for, fwiw my guess is he is either a person who has given up caring since the afl teams came in or was not happy with the merger at the end of 1990, however it is just a guess, as for the crowd issues I was the one that started that, it was started merely as a discussion point as I was truly worried about the look of low crowds at the football & nothing more than that

Works for me Bayman
Life's too short to worry about stuff like this .
Be leaving for the footy soon that's more important.
Crowd numbers white important the bottom line is win the game full stop .
Sorry I've learnt from bosses stuff like that .
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilH Thu Sep 15, 2016 10:38 am

Announcement from the Eagles today.

In May, the Board approved and announced a new organisational structure that would best benefit the Woodville West Torrens Football Club Inc. and the Eagles Club Inc. in the future. The structure identified two streams of business being football and commercial operations with the positions of Football Manager and General Manager Commercial Operations taking the lead roles. Luke Powell has been admirably undertaking the role of Football Manager since October 2015.

The Board is now pleased to announce the appointment of Mr Chris Branson as the new General Manager, Commercial Operations.  Chris comes to the Woodville West Torrens Football Club with a wealth of knowledge and experience in banking, finance, hospitality and the hotel/motel industries.  

Chris’ responsibilities include overseeing the licensed premises, marketing and membership and will commence on 19th September 2016.  The Board and staff welcome Chris and his wife, Ann to the Club  and look forward to working with them.
PhilH
PhilH

Teams : Eagles, Adelaide Bite, Green Bay Packers, Milwaukee Brewers

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Thu Sep 15, 2016 10:55 am

PhilH wrote:Announcement from the Eagles today.

In May, the Board approved and announced a new organisational structure that would best benefit the Woodville West Torrens Football Club Inc. and the Eagles Club Inc. in the future. The structure identified two streams of business being football and commercial operations with the positions of Football Manager and General Manager Commercial Operations taking the lead roles. Luke Powell has been admirably undertaking the role of Football Manager since October 2015.

The Board is now pleased to announce the appointment of Mr Chris Branson as the new General Manager, Commercial Operations.  Chris comes to the Woodville West Torrens Football Club with a wealth of knowledge and experience in banking, finance, hospitality and the hotel/motel industries.  

Chris’ responsibilities include overseeing the licensed premises, marketing and membership and will commence on 19th September 2016.  The Board and staff welcome Chris and his wife, Ann to the Club  and look forward to working with them.

Thanks PHIL I'll check my emails tomorrow
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Thu Sep 15, 2016 2:23 pm

Maybe wadda was on the ball with the new appointment & had nothing to do with any earlier announcements that we all thought he was on about
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Fri Sep 16, 2016 2:28 am

yep in my emails yesterday

The Board is now pleased to announce the appointment of Mr Chris Branson as the new General Manager, Commercial Operations. Chris comes to the Woodville West Torrens Football Club with a wealth of knowledge and experience in banking, finance, hospitality and the hotel/motel industries. Chris’ responsibilities include overseeing the licensed premises, marketing and membership and will commence on 19th September 2016. The Board and staff welcome Chris and his wife, Ann to the Club and look forward to working with them
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2