Scrappy
bayman
Chambo Off To Work We Go
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

GF - Eagles v Bays Empty GF - Eagles v Bays

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Tue Sep 28, 2021 12:47 pm

I have a feeling that the Bays won't get caught napping again this time around.

If they are both on their game, it could be one of the best GF's we've had in recent times.
Plenty of fire power on both sides.
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

GF - Eagles v Bays Empty Re: GF - Eagles v Bays

Post by bayman Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:26 pm

it'll be a low scoring battle of defences in the wet, a good start is imperative for both teams, there hasn't been much between them in all games played this year, given the forecast perhaps a tall player from both sides will be replaced by a smaller running player, bays by 8 points

Eagles 1.3.9 2.5.17 4.8.32 5.10.40

Glenelg 1.1.7 3.2.20 5.2.32 7.6.48

Jack Oatey...M. Snook
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Wed Sep 29, 2021 9:42 am

I am hoping it is much higher scoring than that.
As you say it probably won't be due to weather, but a shoot out of power forwards would be highly entertaining.

The low scoring and tension of the 2017 GF (Port and Sturt) nearly popped my blood pressure.
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Sun Oct 03, 2021 12:36 pm

EG 2-5.....5-9....7-11...10-13 [73]
GL 1-2.....4-4.....8-6....12-10 [82]

That score line is my prediction , if it does not overly rain
I dont have a real preference to which team wins
Both sides deserve to be in the GF and have consistently been the best 2 teams in the Minor Round

Uncanny accuracy with my prediction ...

Last edited by Scrappy on Sun Oct 03, 2021 5:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Sun Oct 03, 2021 5:25 pm

After a great start Glenelg were outworked and outclassed.

Hayes and D Menzel superb, lots of good players for the Eagles
Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Oct 03, 2021 11:55 pm

Well done to the Eagles, they were way too good & won every aspect of football today, the supporters of both teams around me were very respectful of each other & there was plenty of handshakes/fisting after the match congratulating & commiserating, was brilliant to witness & be part of the mutual respect people had for each other
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Mon Oct 04, 2021 9:05 am

Thought I’d post once more on this forum . Yesterday’s game was great after the first 10 minutes Glenelg were never in the game . Now I should’ve known but didn’t yesterday to the day it was 68 years since west Torrens won their last grand final could’ve been an omen . Hayes winning the Oatey medal reportedly with a fracture in a leg bone how did he play !!
The crowd imho Glenelg out numbered Eagles fans . Nothing strange there . Crowd actions I’m afraid where we were sitting in the outer Glenelg’s fans were very much like North’s fans the year before loud foul mouth in some cases . A young kid Glenelg fan and I’ll clean this up ran to the fence and yelled you F ranga Poole a little kid !! And young bays fans legal age to drink while drunk yelling abuse at eagles players they got so upset they were abusing their own players was funny . One of them last statement of yelling at the Menzels who will you play for next year we answered back the reigning premiers!! After that the majority of those fans left it was funny seeing jackets ect chucked on the ground . Glenelg flags left behind Glenelg posters flying around .
Then the same thing that happened in 2020 the smallest crowd of fans started chanting Eagles Eagles it was fantastic to hear and do .
Now not all the fans were bad two neutral fans sat next to me a sturt and Norwood fan very polite .
What a win back to back flags never thought I’d see it .
And the Eagles have now won the same amount of flags as Glenelg
If I’m correct both have won 5 flags
Loses in GF Eagles 9 Glenelg 13 ( I think )
mickyj
mickyj

My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Mon Oct 04, 2021 12:55 pm

Enjoy the win mate, forget the other crap, personally I don’t believe half of that, people leaving jackets behind, really ? Glenelg kids calling Poole “Ranga” don’t believe that, not in this day & age, (we have two redheads too), I also didn’t believe you’d never post again & proven correct there, while the quips to the Menzel brothers yes I’d say that probably happened
However why would you dwell on putting down the opposition when you should be enjoying a premiership ? Totally Bizarre
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Mon Oct 04, 2021 1:54 pm

bayman wrote:Enjoy the win mate, forget the other crap, personally I don’t believe half of that, people leaving jackets behind, really ? Glenelg kids calling Poole “Ranga” don’t believe that, not in this day & age, (we have two redheads too), I also didn’t believe you’d never post again & proven correct there, while the quips to the Menzel brothers yes I’d say that probably happened
However why would you dwell on putting down the opposition when you should be enjoying a premiership ? Totally Bizarre
Actually they threw the jackets on the ground in disgust
Flags were left behind in the seats in the outer near our seats
And a tiny young bays kid was yelling the F word with ranga my daughter was shocked that such a little kid did that .
I’ve also seen comments elsewhere by a Centrals fan at the ground who wanted Glenelg to win . Until the Glenelg fans went off in the seconds match and kept it up in the league game . Now we all have fans like that but once this young guy drunk as a skunk went after his own teams players it was sad and funny .

Some of the fans were just loud mouth footy fans not an issue while one said he’d stay until the final siren the entire section emptied out way before that .

That’s grand final losses excluding the drunk behaviour
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Mon Oct 04, 2021 2:23 pm

I’m not sure if anyone has mentioned this . Hayes won the medal yesterday and played with a fracture in his tibia!
How can he do that but I’m happy he did
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Mon Oct 04, 2021 2:27 pm

I don’t believe much of that, they would have been thrown out

Anyway the careers of
Agnew
Curran
Motlop
Giuffreda
Poole
Von Bertouch
Jungfer

Are finished in sanfl football & every player have made significant & a positive impact on the league

Well done to those men

There is an interesting in coming back to oval avenue but I’ll post that in the rumour thread but it is true
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Mon Oct 04, 2021 2:38 pm

bayman wrote:I don’t believe much of that, they would have been thrown out

Anyway the careers of
Agnew
Curran
Motlop
Giuffreda
Poole
Von Bertouch
Jungfer

Are finished in sanfl football & every player have made significant & a positive impact on the league

Well done to those men

There is an interesting in coming back to oval avenue but I’ll post that in the rumour thread but it is true

Sorry but they weren’t thrown out
If you were there the camera taking shots took one of a group of young ladies one flashed the camera was she thrown out who knows
And like the drunk fans means nothing really
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Mon Oct 04, 2021 3:01 pm

Why don’t you just enjoy the premiership rather than whinging about other people
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Mon Oct 04, 2021 3:05 pm

bayman wrote:Why don’t you just enjoy the premiership rather than whinging about other people

Believe me I am greatest grand final win in years and finally the eagles didn’t choke . And the first Eagles back to back . Great to beat a team that was unbeaten for what 17 rounds
I’m coming to terms with not being believed but **** happens
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Mon Oct 04, 2021 4:28 pm

OK let's move on.
Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Tue Oct 05, 2021 9:57 am

Surprising result.

Was away over weekend so didn't see any of it, but I really thought the Bays would come to play after their amazing year.

What happened over the last month?
17-0 and then 1-3.

Rookie coaches seem to be getting the job done over recent times.
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

Back to top Go down

Post by whybother Tue Oct 05, 2021 1:38 pm

I posted somewhere earlier that the Eagles were coasting in my opinion in the last part of the year. Second or third spot locked in: no need to go hammer & tongs until the real stuff started.
whybother
whybother

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Tue Oct 05, 2021 1:45 pm

whybother wrote:I posted somewhere earlier that the Eagles were coasting in my opinion in the last part of the year. Second or third spot locked in: no need to go hammer & tongs until the real stuff started.

Pretty much the eagles did that . Struggled against Sturt who then destroyed North . How Norwood didn’t beat the Eagles no idea . Eagles didn’t play that well . However the first final against Glenelg then the GF the Eagles did I’m happy
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Tue Oct 05, 2021 1:48 pm

Chambo Off To Work We Go wrote:Surprising result.

Was away over weekend so didn't see any of it, but I really thought the Bays would come to play after their amazing year.

What happened over the last month?
17-0 and then 1-3.

Rookie coaches seem to be getting the job done over recent times.

Eagles fans are so happy they signed Sheedy

I can’t recall the exact numbers I think it’s teams who have won 15 or more fail in the finals .
From memory it was Port Adelaide and West Torrens

Or the other cheeky thought all those years the Eagles being top of the ladder and going out in straight sets has now been passed to Glenelg .
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Tue Oct 05, 2021 6:57 pm

mickyj wrote:

Or the other cheeky thought all those years the Eagles being top of the ladder and going out in straight sets has now been passed to Glenelg .

You are an absolute moron….Glenelg defeated South in the Preliminary final so it is NOT straight sets, Effin moronic twit
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Tue Oct 05, 2021 7:21 pm

bayman wrote:
mickyj wrote:

You are an absolute moron….Glenelg defeated South in the Preliminary final so it is NOT straight sets, Effin moronic twit

Nice words Bayman perhaps admin should step in

Glenelg lost to port
Glenelg lost to Eagles
Glenelg beat south
Glenelg lost to Eagles
From 17 wins to 3 loses next four games
Seems like Glenelg got the curse that Port Adelaide and West Torrens had win 15 games or more in a row and can’t win a flag

Now if you can’t talk nicely why post something
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by goddy11 Tue Oct 05, 2021 7:34 pm

mickyj wrote:
bayman wrote:
mickyj wrote:

Glenelg lost to port
Glenelg lost to Eagles
Glenelg beat south
Glenelg lost to Eagles
Seems like Glenelg got the curse that Port Adelaide and West Torrens had win 15 games or more in a row and can’t win a flag

Micky. Dumb argument. It wasnt straight sets. Lets just be good winners and not rub it into others faces. The Karma bus will hit us.

Lets use this forum to discuss the positives of the win. We lost so many players from last season yet on the day it counted w3e prevailed. So proud of my club. As an ailing old WT supporter we never made finals. The merger was well handled and all credit to the coaches and management that have given us a few happy moments over the years. We should have won more but that's football. Glenelg were miles ahead of all teams this season and probably left their worst performance in years until the last game.
goddy11
goddy11

Teams : crows,ealges,

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Tue Oct 05, 2021 7:41 pm

goddy11 wrote:
mickyj wrote:
bayman wrote:
mickyj wrote:

Glenelg lost to port
Glenelg lost to Eagles
Glenelg beat south
Glenelg lost to Eagles

Micky. Dumb argument. It wasnt straight sets. Lets just be good winners and not rub it into others faces. The Karma bus will hit us.

Lets use this forum to discuss the positives of the win. We lost so many players from last season yet on the day it counted w3e prevailed. So proud of my club. As an ailing old WT supporter we never made finals. The merger was well handled and all credit to the coaches and management that have given us a few happy moments over the years. We should have won more but that's football. Glenelg were miles ahead of all teams this season and probably left their worst performance in years until the last game.

Bayman could’ve replied in a nicer way .
Yes Eagles should’ve won more
And yes we lost players and will lose players
Same poster dropped a rumour of an ex eagle coming back a very old rumour that was dropped elsewhere weeks ago .
And we are reading 50 or more players have applied to join the eagles from interstate so Luke Powell will be busy
And this old West Torrens fan recalls so many games lost to the better clubs like Glenelg,Port ect
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Tue Oct 05, 2021 8:35 pm

Goody, I don’t think we were miles ahead during the year as we were very lucky to get out of gaol in a half dozen games or so, enjoy your win, you deserve it

Mickyj, if you are going to be critical I’d suggest to get your facts right first
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Tue Oct 05, 2021 8:51 pm

bayman wrote:Goody, I don’t think we were miles ahead during the year as we were very lucky to get out of gaol in a half dozen games or so, enjoy your win, you deserve it

Mickyj, if you are going to be critical I’d suggest to get your facts right first

I actually wasn’t trying to be critical. Look up SANFL history . The history shows teams that win 15 games or more in a row do not win the flag . Before Glenelg this year doing it the other two teams were Port Adelaide and West Torrens .
And yes I did get it wrong you didn’t go out in straight sets you beat south .
Honestly if South made the grand final neither side probably would’ve beat South .
Like Eagles winning Sunday if South made it would’ve been an omen by this I mean breaking their flag drought .
Eagles omen for Sunday’s win . Sunday to the day was 68 years to west Torrens last flag win
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next