Scrappy
killer
Lee
PhilH
Brucetiki
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Qualifying Final: South v Sturt - Saturday 3 September @ Adelaide Oval Empty Qualifying Final: South v Sturt - Saturday 3 September @ Adelaide Oval

Post by Brucetiki Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:55 pm

South v Sturt
Saturday 3 September
Adelaide Oval
3:10pm

Ladder Positions
South: 2nd 14-4 56.66%
Sturt: 3rd 13-4-1 54.57%

Season 2016 Matches
Round 8: Sturt 14.10.94 d South 7.4.46 @ Peter Motley Oval
Round 19: South 16.6.102 d Sturt 7.11.53 @ Hickinbotham Oval

Last 5 rounds
South WWWBW
Sturt LLBWD

South head into the finals series as the form team of the competition, winning their last 5 matches, while Sturt have spluttered into the finals with a draw and 4 point win over 2 non-finals sides.  Will South continue their awesome form, or will Sturt bounce back from their recent form?

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Qualifying Final: South v Sturt - Saturday 3 September @ Adelaide Oval Empty Re: Qualifying Final: South v Sturt - Saturday 3 September @ Adelaide Oval

Post by bayman Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:10 pm

if Osborn & Riley are back South will win by 4 or 5 goals, if they are not back, South will win by over 10 goals
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Qualifying Final: South v Sturt - Saturday 3 September @ Adelaide Oval Empty Re: Qualifying Final: South v Sturt - Saturday 3 September @ Adelaide Oval

Post by blueandwhite Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:11 pm

bayman wrote:if Osborn & Riley are back South will win by 4 or 5 goals, if they are not back, South will win by over 10 goals

like your thinking Bayman.. Very Happy
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Teams : Naracoorte, Jamestown/Peterborough, Tipperary, HolyCross/Ballycahill GAA.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by blueandwhite Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:36 am

waddayamean wrote:If South do not win it this year they could be waiting another 52 years.

I agree re South V Eagles GF , tipped it a long time ago.

I agree!.. this is perhaps Souths best chance in over a generation.
I honestly believe the current side ,on their day is good enough. Just need a little bit of luck for a change- no more injuries.! We've already lost Rolfe, Redigolo, Giddings, Veide and now Haren for the season- all first pick players.Thankfully the club has currently more depth than it has had for ages and there are 5-6 players anxiously waiting for a chance.
I think Saturdays win v the Crows was just another example of the belief and confidence in the playing group. We were down to 19 men before halftime against a side with AFL standards of fitness, and yet we still managed to control the game for the second half.
Make no mistake, the Panthers are not just making up the numbers.. Twisted Evil
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Teams : Naracoorte, Jamestown/Peterborough, Tipperary, HolyCross/Ballycahill GAA.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Tue Aug 30, 2016 12:48 pm

Go the Panthers!!!!
Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite Tue Aug 30, 2016 2:17 pm

Lee wrote:Go the Panthers!!!!

Qualifying Final: South v Sturt - Saturday 3 September @ Adelaide Oval 1920501681 Qualifying Final: South v Sturt - Saturday 3 September @ Adelaide Oval 4257781809
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:58 pm

Hope South get up, in fact I hope they go all the way. Whilst Sturts form of late hasn't been as impressive as other times throughout the season, I think they are still a big chance this weekend.
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Tue Aug 30, 2016 6:10 pm

waddayamean wrote:
blueandwhite wrote:
bayman wrote:if Osborn & Riley are back South will win by 4 or 5 goals, if they are not back, South will win by over 10 goals

like your thinking Bayman.. Very Happy

What happens IF only one is back ?

obviously, South by 7 or 8 goals Wink
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:31 pm

I think Sturt were smashed in the clearance area at critical times over the last 2 weeks.
If Riley and Osborn are back, that will go along way toward turning that around.

However, the leg speed of our blokes worries me at the moment.
Not that they're slow, but they don't seem to be pushing hard either in the forward half or in defensive transition. That is a sign of a side that has lost the mojo or the frenetic pace they have set earlier in the season has caught up with them.

Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilH Fri Sep 02, 2016 11:09 pm

Qualifying Final: South v Sturt - Saturday 3 September @ Adelaide Oval Lifefm12
PhilH
PhilH

Teams : Eagles, Adelaide Bite, Green Bay Packers, Milwaukee Brewers
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by killer Sat Sep 03, 2016 11:58 am

going require a big improvement from the DBs to have any impact in the major round
killer
killer

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Sat Sep 03, 2016 5:01 pm

3rd quarter and Sturt getting a good run from the umps.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by killer Sat Sep 03, 2016 5:04 pm

3 points in 20 minutes
killer
killer

Back to top Go down

Post by killer Sat Sep 03, 2016 5:19 pm

Sturt looking good in the final q
killer
killer

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Sat Sep 03, 2016 5:21 pm

Can be cruel game. Great season by South, but may have to beat a rampant Adelaide to avoid going out in straight sets

Go the Panthers.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by killer Sat Sep 03, 2016 5:41 pm

goal on the buzzer!
killer
killer

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Sat Sep 03, 2016 11:10 pm

Can anyone give me a report of the last quarter ?
I had taped the game, didnt realise it ended at 3/4 time for the News

At 3/4 time it was a great contest , and hard to pick the winner
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Sep 04, 2016 12:16 am

Scrappy wrote:Can anyone give me a report of the last quarter ?
I had taped the game, didnt realise it ended at 3/4 time for the News

At 3/4 time it was a great contest , and hard to pick the winner

surely not...

match winning move of Scott MacMahon into the forward line for the last quarter, took the game by the scruff of the neck & his team mates lifted with him, South never ever gave up

anyone know the crowd ?

the womens' match in Melbourne tonight attracted just over 6,000
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Sun Sep 04, 2016 2:55 pm

The whole match was shown. Not sure what Scrappy is on about
Paul
Paul

Teams : Sturt, Adelaide, South Whyalla, Tottenham, Celtic, Adelaide Thunderbirds, 36'ers, Adelaide United, Redbacks, Adelaide Bite, Adelaide Lightning, Dallas Mavericks
My club : sturt

http://funjoint.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite Sun Sep 04, 2016 5:49 pm

Absolutely gutted after yesterday..
we certainly put in our worst performance of the year..
credit to Sturt who were very good, when the game was there for whoever wanted it most at 3/4 time, Sturt clearly did...
we live on to fight another day v the Cows...should be a massive crowd at this one..HA!
Sturt have done well with their recruiting havent they... I mean this year they managed to sign 4 guys straight off AFL lists- Osborn, Martin ,Riley and McMahon....we didnt have the cash for Riley  who hawked himself around the league (let alone the other 3) in a similar fashion to Beard and Kirkwood a couple of years ago. I guess they are playing for the jumper...but then the salary cap doesnt apply to 2 teams so why should other clubs have to stick to it..
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next