Scrunch
Scrappy
blueandwhite
the prowler
Brucetiki
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

1st Semi Final - Sturt v South, Saturday 6 September @ Adelaide Oval Empty 1st Semi Final - Sturt v South, Saturday 6 September @ Adelaide Oval

Post by Brucetiki Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:04 pm

Sturt v South

Saturday 6 September
Adelaide Oval

League: 2:40

Last Week
Sturt 8.9.57 lost to Norwood 10.6.66 @ Adelaide Oval
South 13.11.89 d Eagles 10.9.69 @ Adelaide Oval

Last Time They Met
South 14.3.87 d Sturt 9.9.63 @ Hickinbotham Oval

Last 5 Matches
Sturt LWWLL
South WWWWW

South have hit great form at the right time, while Sturt are starting to stutter at the wrong time. Who will fight to live another day?

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

1st Semi Final - Sturt v South, Saturday 6 September @ Adelaide Oval Empty Re: 1st Semi Final - Sturt v South, Saturday 6 September @ Adelaide Oval

Post by the prowler Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:03 am

I watched the last half of Saturday nights semi between Nwd and Sturt. Sturt just could not get through the Nwd defenses.

South can match it with Sturt over 4 quarters which will be enough to continue the challenge for a grand final berth.
the prowler
the prowler

Teams : South,Crows, Hectorville
My club : south

Back to top Go down

1st Semi Final - Sturt v South, Saturday 6 September @ Adelaide Oval Empty Re: 1st Semi Final - Sturt v South, Saturday 6 September @ Adelaide Oval

Post by blueandwhite Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:06 am

IM pretty confident South will end Sturts season this week.South are on a roll and if not for poor execution in attack would have demolished the Eagles on Saturday night. They did get it right the week before against Sturt at Noarlunga for a quarter, and kicked 8 goals to 1....game over.
Souths midfields ability to get back and help out defensively has been crucial in their success in recent times.A couple of our forwards in Rolfe and Eddy are overdue for a big games and Brooksby continues to impress.
Veide should negate Kirkwoods influence as he has done both times weve played Sturt this year, andGotch will have to find someone to stop Tambling who seems to get a fair bit of it.Limit these 2 and restrict delivery to Coad and Duldig and I think South are well on the way to victory.
Panthers by 32 points. Twisted Evil
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Teams : Naracoorte, Jamestown/Peterborough, Tipperary, HolyCross/Ballycahill GAA.

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:02 am

Hard to come up with a definite winning tip
The winner by 6 points
The winner quite possibly determined by a greater advantage due to umpiring decisions on the day

Sturt by 6 points

ST 12-11
SA 11-11
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:15 am

Sturt were very impressive last week but for disposal. They won't be allowed the midfield dominance this week against South though. I think Sturt had the harder of the two matches last week, whether that's a positive or negative Im not sure. Will tip the Panthers in a close one, maybe 8 points.
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:02 am

I think the Panthers will get up this week. Their confidence looks rock solid at the moment.
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Teams : Adelaide, Sth Adelaide, Langhorne Creek

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:13 pm

generally i think (no idea what the stats say) the Elimination final winner has some sort of advantage the next week, however despite what happened at Noarlunga Oval recently the standard of both finals matches last week, were chalk & cheese & the hard game against Norwood will do them well, very well, they were not that far off pinching it during the game & with the same effort Sturt will win by 3 or 4 goals
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Southee Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:34 pm

South by 21 points.......
Southee
Southee

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:10 am

South by 46
Paul
Paul

Teams : Sturt, Adelaide, South Whyalla, Tottenham, Celtic, Adelaide Thunderbirds, 36'ers, Adelaide United, Redbacks, Adelaide Bite, Adelaide Lightning, Dallas Mavericks
My club : sturt

http://funjoint.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:13 pm

Not a lot of love for Sturt here. I think South handle the bigger ovals better and are in good form so I think hey will win a close one by 8 points.
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:22 pm

I think Sturt will win.

I'd love to see the Panthers get up, but Sturt's form against Norwood last week wasn't bad at all.
Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by testy Fri Sep 05, 2014 4:35 pm

Sturt did very little wrong for a losing side last week and the overall standard of the game they played in was very good compared to the other game and for this I will tip them to win.
testy
testy

Back to top Go down

Post by the prowler Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:57 pm

Souths line up looks pretty good with all players coming up for Sundays match.

Sturt still have a couple of doubt fulls, however I expect them to field a strong side.

I have felt confident all this week that South will get the passage to continue to the Preliminary final, the number 16 has been sticking in my mind, so I will pick South by 2g 4p
the prowler
the prowler

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W Sat Sep 06, 2014 6:56 pm

Just Awesome!

South Adelaide 21.11 (137)
def
Sturt 10.9 (69)
Ben W
Ben W

Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.

Back to top Go down

Post by the prowler Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:43 pm

Maybe 16 goals was what the number was trying to tell me
the prowler
the prowler

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:19 pm

if someone said to me Beard would kick 6 & Eddy goal less to lemon time i'd think Sturt would win easily, however the first term seemed to be pretty even until the brain fade, report & subsequent goal to Cross, from that moment South were always going to win & Sturt were never ever in it, poor performance that 'hit' & it was the most crucial action of the match (match was still on at that stage) South had every player willing to work while Sturt had a bare minimum working throughout the match, how the bays apparently told Sam Overall he won't be in the top 25 players is beyond me, my mate Rolfe is still the most under rated player in the comp & definitely the guage to whether South play well or not, i could name every player for South that played well & did the 'team acts' but that'd take too long, i'll just say apart from Beard & Tambling the rest of the team may as well been in the bar
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by testy Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:32 pm

testy wrote:
Sturt did very little wrong for a losing side last week and the overall standard of the game they played in was very good compared to the other game and for this I will tip them to win.

I got that wrong, well done to the Panthers, one win away from a grand final.
testy
testy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:17 am

Lee wrote:I think Sturt will win.

I'd love to see the Panthers get up, but Sturt's form against Norwood last week wasn't bad at all.

I got that wrong big time,

Well done, Panthers.

Gotch has done an amazing job.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:55 am

Lee wrote:
Lee wrote:I think Sturt will win.

I got that wrong big time,

Well done, Panthers.

Gotch has done an amazing job.

i thought the same thing, it is amazing with a happy team, the team plays the play well, they play with passion & for each other, this is a general comment & not a comment against Sturt
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite Sun Sep 07, 2014 12:06 pm

All played well, not a passenger...only slight blemish was Eddys wayward kicking for goal. Rolfey showed what a classy player he is, what a game, coming back from a season off with a knee injury..he showed he has still got it, a great confidence booster for him.
I thought our midfield smashed them. Darth "Veide" did a great job on Kirkwood, and managed to go forward and kick a couple as well, the underated Secull and Murph both had exceptional games; personally I though it was Murphys best game for the club. Crossy was his usual brilliant self as well. Our defence with Crabby, Josh Thewlis and Tommy Fields were great also. Really I think the catalyst has been Keegan Brooksby who has improved enormously this year, not only getting the ball to our midfielders, but his second efforts and clearances are exceptional.
Sam Overall- has come from nowhere to be a fantastic contributor as well.

Trying in vain here to keep a lid on things..

Go panfs!!!!!!! Twisted Evil
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Teams : Naracoorte, Jamestown/Peterborough, Tipperary, HolyCross/Ballycahill GAA.

Back to top Go down

Post by the prowler Sun Sep 07, 2014 3:10 pm

Can anyone tell me if Sam Overall was included in the Crows top-ups?
the prowler
the prowler

Back to top Go down

Post by Southee Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:16 pm

Never been so proud of the boys .

We have taken crap for years but feel we are slowly gaining some respect.

I'm trying to keep a lid on things too .... I was that excited last night I could not sleep !

Went to pressos after the game and seriously could hardly speak .... Just something I have never been used too Smile

2 more games to go now ...Wink
Southee
Southee

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:34 pm

Well done to South.
They have taken the bit between the teeth when it counts most.
I hope they go all the way.

The Blue boys just didn't come to play.
Poor end to a season of promise after being in the wilderness for a while.

But I can't be having the Legs again.
And I certainly can't have Port.

So a flag 50 years after the last one is maybe something special.
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Post by the prowler Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:19 pm

Chambo Off To Work We Go wrote:Well done to South.

So a flag 50 years after the last one is maybe something special.

We have to break the drought at some stage, why not this year, two more wins is not out of the question.
the prowler
the prowler

Back to top Go down

Post by spell_check Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:13 pm

Maybe it's been said elsewhere, but that is the biggest ever win by South in a finals match, the previous highest was 50 points in the 1937 1st Semi against Torrens. At any break during a finals match, the previous highest margin was 61 points at 3QT against Port in the following years Grand Final. The final margin was 46 points, which was the 2nd highest margin South have won by in a finals match until last weekend.
spell_check
spell_check

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next