MichaelScott
Scrunch
UncleHuey
RODH2
Paul
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Round 5: West v Eagles - Monday 25 April @ Adelaide Oval - Page 2 Empty Re: Round 5: West v Eagles - Monday 25 April @ Adelaide Oval

Post by goddy11 Tue Apr 26, 2016 3:35 pm

Brucetiki wrote:I understand why the SMA kept people to certain parts of the ground.  They do that for the Shield matches there, and it makes logistical sense - no point opening everything up for 3000 people.  Easier to keep everyone to one part of the ground - that way you only need to open up facilities in that part of the ground, and you only need to clean that part of the ground post-match.

Your answer is simple and correct.
goddy11
goddy11

Teams : crows,ealges,
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Round 5: West v Eagles - Monday 25 April @ Adelaide Oval - Page 2 Empty Re: Round 5: West v Eagles - Monday 25 April @ Adelaide Oval

Post by mickyj Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:56 pm

firstblood wrote:
mickyj wrote:
William wrote:Does anyone know what happened with the Eagles cheer squad at the start of the game? They walked the banner around to one of the tunnels where the players come out, the players then come out of a different area of the ground, and the banner was never put up, any ideas?  

Reading Facebook pages the security refused to let them use the banner
Typical SMA over running something
I still don't know why we were let in the eastern gate no toilets open moved out of seating in the shade why

I was wandering around the Eastern side just as the gates were opening looking for a food outlet, nothing was opened and toilets were locked on that side. Everyone who came in on that Eastern gate was told to move around to the Southern goals and around to the members side. No one was allowed to sit on the outer side or behind the Northern goals. I think that Adelaide oval is a bit precious to some.
Not that that mattered much due to a very low attendance, which the SANFL should now look at playing the Grand Final rematch at the home ground of the reigning Premiers...
Micky..i noticed a post on another forum where you posted about patches on the oval and you were told you were lying. i walked on the oval and there were what looked like patched up bits everywhere, mainly at the Southern end and in the pockets, even Wests coaching staff commented on the surface prior to the game.

Im having two minds about that forum
Im glad i didnt imagine seeing those things i was sitting near where west came out
We did sit on the east side where we sat in the past
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:00 pm

Brucetiki wrote:I understand why the SMA kept people to certain parts of the ground.  They do that for the Shield matches there, and it makes logistical sense - no point opening everything up for 3000 people.  Easier to keep everyone to one part of the ground - that way you only need to open up facilities in that part of the ground, and you only need to clean that part of the ground post-match.

My argument why open the gates on the eastern side people standing there and not say you cant sit on the eastern side and why not say the toilets arent open
I asked one person who works there whats the big deal hello im diabetic i need a toilet so what

generally if you dont want people in an area you dont let them in that gate and post signs no sitting
But hang on they let a large number into corporate boxes on the eastern side why
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:55 pm

mickyj wrote:

generally if you dont want people in an area  you dont let them in that gate and post signs no sitting
But hang on they let a large number into corporate boxes on the eastern side why
I think that was a West Adelaide function
Thiele
Thiele

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:04 am

The turf at the Northern End is still poor from the AC/DC concert back in November!

The stage area can still be seen on the Northern end and the Oval, in general, is in pretty average condition considering the amount of sun we've had this summer. My back lawn looks better than the AO at the moment!*

*But I do love my lawn... Laughing
Booney
Booney

Teams : Port Adelaide, Chicago White Sox
My club : port

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:32 am

Booney wrote:The turf at the Northern End is still poor from the AC/DC concert back in November!

The stage area can still be seen on the Northern end and the Oval, in general, is in pretty average condition considering the amount of sun we've had this summer. My back lawn looks better than the AO at the moment!*

Thanks Booney your the second person to back me up
Not sure what's up at the other footy forum too busy deciding it's better to play four teams that pull in crowds and not the GF teams
Strange times
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Brucetiki Wed Apr 27, 2016 9:28 am

Booney wrote:The turf at the Northern End is still poor from the AC/DC concert back in November!

It's not from the AC/DC concert.  It's from a Festival of Arts performance in late February at the ground.  The SMA in their wisdom opted not to fix the turf from that show until days before the Socceroos match for some unknown reason.

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Wed Apr 27, 2016 6:07 pm

i'm glad you typed ''lawn'' Razz Wink
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Wed Apr 27, 2016 7:00 pm

bayman wrote:

i'm glad you typed ''lawn'' Razz Wink

Im glad no ones talking about the teams who have bigger crowds who should play on anzac day that is so boring
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by spell_check Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:07 pm

I think playing at Adelaide was the right idea before the recent stands were built.  But now, even with 8-10,000 it doesn't have the atmosphere it once had.  Even if you had 10,000, everyone could be easily accommodated for in just the areas that were opened (members and southern stands).  If you had that on TV - with 10,000 - how bad would that look with the entire eastern stand and the hill empty?

Therefore I think every match besides the Grand Final, even finals should be at the appropriate grounds - winner GF for Anzac, higher ranked team for finals.

Anyway, I'm still going off the topic of the match here.  As for what took place on the ground, basically, West looked in trouble during the 2nd quarter.  Once we got even a goal ahead, it was hard to see how West could get back into the match.  I don't expect for it to turn out this way just yet, but I fear West could end up being in the exclusive company of Glenelg 1934-35 this year.
spell_check
spell_check

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:21 am

spell_check wrote:I think playing at Adelaide was the right idea before the recent stands were built.  But now, even with 8-10,000 it doesn't have the atmosphere it once had.  Even if you had 10,000, everyone could be easily accommodated for in just the areas that were opened (members and southern stands).  If you had that on TV - with 10,000 - how bad would that look with the entire eastern stand and the hill empty?

Therefore I think every match besides the Grand Final, even finals should be at the appropriate grounds - winner GF for Anzac, higher ranked team for finals.

Anyway, I'm still going off the topic of the match here.  As for what took place on the ground, basically, West looked in trouble during the 2nd quarter.  Once we got even a goal ahead, it was hard to see how West could get back into the match.  I don't expect for it to turn out this way just yet, but I fear West could end up being in the exclusive company of Glenelg 1934-35 this year.

I find it funny how fans from sides that arent invovled take great pleasure saying it should be moved and only teams that have huge numbers play at adelaide (not you spelly ) if those same teams could play on the GF day theyd stop carrying on like old maids

I actually thought west would stop the loss on monday looked good first quarter thanks to Eagles mistakes.
Eagles came back and did kind of play that running game like the seconds do
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by spell_check Wed May 04, 2016 11:34 pm

mickyj wrote:
I find it funny how fans from sides that arent invovled take great pleasure saying it should be moved and only teams that have huge numbers play at adelaide (not you spelly ) if those same teams could play on the GF day theyd stop carrying on like old maids

I think they should all be played at suburban venues (how good would 10,000 be at Norwood, for example?)

As an aside, I surely must have been the only person to be present at both this match and the East/South Fremantle match on the Saturday.  While I knew the match here would have been dominated by 'how big is our appendage/crowds' talk by fans from other clubs, get this - the crowd figure for both of the said matches was given as 3,119.  That figure is the third highest this season for the WAFL comp as of Round 7.
spell_check
spell_check

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Thu May 05, 2016 7:53 am

spell_check wrote:
mickyj wrote:

I think they should all be played at suburban venues (how good would 10,000 be at Norwood, for example?)

As an aside, I surely must have been the only person to be present at both this match and the East/South Fremantle match on the Saturday.  While I knew the match here would have been dominated by 'how big is our appendage/crowds' talk by fans from other clubs, get this - the crowd figure for both of the said matches was given as 3,119.  That figure is the third highest this season for the WAFL comp as of Round 7.

Go figure pity all those other fans have no clue most dont by the sound of it even attend
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by William Thu May 05, 2016 10:43 am

Suburban Venues I believe is the way to go for ANZAC days matches and at least the first two weeks of finals as the would be better atmosphere and would reward teams who finish higher on the ladder with home ground advantage in finals.
William
William

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2