col d
UncleHuey
bayman
the prowler
Brucetiki
19 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Round 3: Eagles v Port - Monday 21 April @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval Empty Round 3: Eagles v Port - Monday 21 April @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Post by Brucetiki Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:13 pm

Eagles v Port

Monday 21 April
Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Reserves: 11:25am
League: 2:10pm

Last Week:
Eagles 10.12.72 d West 9.8.62 @ City Mazda Stadium
Port 29.15.187 d Glenelg 5.7.37 @ Alberton Oval

Last Time They Met
Eagles 14.14.98 d Port 13.9.87 @ Alberton Oval

Ladder Position
Eagles: 3rd 2-0 57.62%
Port : 4th 1-1 68.52%

The Eagles are coming off a gritty win over West, while Port are coming off absolutely smacking Glenelg. Which side will continue their winning form?

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Round 3: Eagles v Port - Monday 21 April @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval Empty Re: Round 3: Eagles v Port - Monday 21 April @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Post by the prowler Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:42 pm

Eagles, only because its at the fortress.
the prowler
the prowler

Teams : South,Crows, Hectorville
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Round 3: Eagles v Port - Monday 21 April @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval Empty Re: Round 3: Eagles v Port - Monday 21 April @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Post by bayman Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:28 pm

Port easily but nowhere near as easy as yesterday, Port by 7 goals
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:19 pm

Power reserves to win comfortably but not as compfortably as last week.
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

Back to top Go down

Post by col d Tue Apr 15, 2014 4:50 pm

The Maughan Thiem Spectator Challenge

The Eagles are excited to announce a special promotion for our round 3 Blockbuster Easter Monday home game against Port Adelaide.
The highest attendance ever at Woodville oval was just over 11,000 in 1986, in the Warriors pursuit for the finals. That match was against Port…

Now Woodville Oval is known as Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval.

If a crowd of 8,000 spectators attends the Easter Monday match, our good friends at Maughan Thiem Hyundai will give away a car on the day to one lucky spectator!
To enter the draw, simply fill in the entry form at the gate, it’s that easy!

Col D
col d
col d

Teams : WWTFC, Mintaro-Manoora, Essendon
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:49 pm

Eagles just
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilH Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:44 pm

Easter Monday SANFL footy is back !!!

Come one, come all .... should be a cracker contest.
PhilH
PhilH

Teams : Eagles, Adelaide Bite, Green Bay Packers, Milwaukee Brewers

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:12 pm

was contemplating whether to go or not, for a remote chance of winning a car i'm going to go
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by howthewestwaswon Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:08 pm

Port by 4-5 goals.
howthewestwaswon
howthewestwaswon

Teams : North Haven, BMW, BBH, South Whyalla, Lobethal
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:31 pm

Port by 4 points after the siren.
Paul
Paul

Teams : Sturt, Adelaide, South Whyalla, Tottenham, Celtic, Adelaide Thunderbirds, 36'ers, Adelaide United, Redbacks, Adelaide Bite, Adelaide Lightning, Dallas Mavericks
My club : sturt

http://funjoint.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:35 pm

bayman wrote:was contemplating whether to go or not, for a remote chance of winning a car i'm going to go

I'll be back from Port Augusta and ready for the footy Bayman come up the back of the GS and say hi mate
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:47 pm

Would like to see the squads first but in a game that could go either way I'll take the Magpies by 8 points.
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:23 pm

This will likely be the match of the round, Port to win it by 26pts and this forum to go into meltdown next week over Port being in the SANFL...

Ben W
Ben W

Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.

Back to top Go down

Post by the prowler Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:19 pm

bayman wrote:was contemplating whether to go or not, for a remote chance of winning a car i'm going to go

Catch the bus down bayman and drive the car home.
the prowler
the prowler

Teams : South,Crows, Hectorville

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:24 pm

the prowler wrote:

Catch the bus down bayman and drive the car home.

Laughing Laughing Laughing lol
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:37 pm

i'm amazed at the odds below (Tattstab) so i've had a crack at Port winning & a smaller bet on Port winning 40+

Eagles v Port Adelaide Magpies 21/4 2:10 PM, Mon 21 Apr 2014
Head To Head Line
Eagles 1.75 (-4.5) 1.90
Port Adelaide Magpies 2.05 (+4.5) 1.90

Margin 39.5
Half/Full Double

Margin 39.5 - SANFL Eagles-Port Mgn39.5

Bet Win Odds
Eagles 1-39 2.30
Eagles 40+ 5.50
Draw 51.00
Port Adelaide Magpies 1-39 2.50
Port Adelaide Magpies 40+ 7.50
Half/Full Double - SANFL Eagles-Port HT/FT

Bet Win Odds
Eagles/Eagles 2.25
Eagles/Port 7.00
Any Other Result 21.00
Port/Eagles 6.50
Port/Port 2.65
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by testy Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:18 pm

I will tip the eagles to win this, but could be close.
testy
testy

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:07 pm

EASY CA$H........men v boys again, wwt tried hard all day but tactically why put numbers back when you have the strong breeze ? surely you take the game on like they did during the mid to late minutes in the third term, if Port have a good run with injuries like they are at the moment the cup is theirs for the taking only a equally good run with injury Adelaide could match them, unfortunately i can't see South or Sturt (or anyone for that matter) matching the intensity for a whole match, yes Norwood did it once but on a bigger ground i doubt it, pity because the idea of a South v Sturt grand final would be fairytale stuff, Ainger was a late withdrawl from the match
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:28 pm

Very disappointing EG game plan in the last quarter
They were 6 goals down , but had a gale in the last qtr
Yet they had nearly all players back in the PA forward area , often

Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Mon Apr 21, 2014 6:59 pm

Did Port play this game in their defensive half like the footy I saw of the Crows a week ago?

Seems to be the current AFL style based on preventing your opponent options in their forward line. But also leaves you a barren forward line to kick to.

This is not an overly entertaining spectacle and something that the afl commentary boffins are a bit worried about.

With Adelaide and Port probably bringing this mentality to sanfl footy, the spectacle this season could potentially be horrid.

Once the Crows and Port find there full mojo which they seemingly are starting to do, it could kill the spectacle for us before we hit round 10.

Worrying times.
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Post by spell_check Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:35 pm

All I can say is, Westies, you're next.
spell_check
spell_check

Back to top Go down

Post by BloodnTars Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:47 pm

Round 3: Eagles v Port - Monday 21 April @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval 2860823718

The only good thing is that we have a 9 day break. They have 5.
BloodnTars
BloodnTars

Teams : West Adelaide, Adelaide Crows, Gepps Cross

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:50 pm

Chambo Off To Work We Go wrote:Did Port play this game in their defensive half like the footy I saw of the Crows a week ago?

Seems to be the current AFL style based on preventing your opponent options in their forward line. But also leaves you a barren forward line to kick to.

This is not an overly entertaining spectacle and something that the afl commentary boffins are a bit worried about.

With Adelaide and Port probably bringing this mentality to sanfl footy, the spectacle this season could potentially be horrid.

Once the Crows and Port find there full mojo which they seemingly are starting to do, it could kill the spectacle for us before we hit round 10.

Worrying times.

Port Reserves played a Hinkley style , they were offensive most of this game
Woodville West Torrens played very defensive , too often , more like the Bassett/Collins/Lyon style
Woodville West Torrens too often flooded the Port Forward line , even when they had the use of a strong  breeze

Both Port Power in the AFL and this Port Power Reserves team in the SANFL play a nice brand of football

Woodville West Torrens never gave up , their intensity can not be questioned
Just have to question the game plan in the last qtr when they flooded Ports forward area way way too much
Port Powers passages of play today was as good as I've seen this millennium in the SANFL

I'm not comfortable saying this
It would be nice if all SANFL teams took on the game like Port did today [and last week v Glenelg as told by Bayman]
I'm getting wearysome watching some SANFL/AFL clubs play these days
Too much sideways stop start footy for me to get enthused about
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Wongdo Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:07 pm

I agree Scrappy. Watching Centrals play now is boring. Laird has reverted to the Bassett/Collins game style of playing a 7 man defense. Trouble is the AFL franchises have worked this game structure out and play a brand of football to beat it. Guess the same happened today in the WWT/Power game. My thoughts are that the only way to match these teams is to go man on man which is now pretty much the norm in AFL. We have to take the game on as I doubt we'll be able to restrict their scoring enough to beat them.
Wongdo
Wongdo

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:25 pm

Wongdo wrote:I agree Scrappy. Watching Centrals play now is boring. Laird has reverted to the Bassett/Collins game style of playing a 7 man defense. Trouble is the AFL franchises have worked this game structure out and play a brand of football to beat it. Guess the same happened today in the WWT/Power game. My thoughts are that the only way to match these teams is to go man on man which is now pretty much the norm in AFL. We have to take the game on as I doubt we'll be able to restrict their scoring enough to beat them.

I'm hearing South have become more accountable
Sturt certainly were when they played Norwood

The trouble with the Bassett/Collins defensive games is that when you are losing it looks deplorable at times
Watching Sturt beat Norwood was a chore for me being a Legs barracker , and on the losing end

Just seems anything short of a flag is not good enough with this style
West , who have finished 2nd /3rd the last 2 years have prob copped more flak than any side I can ever remember that had almost won 2 flags

In the AFL Ross Lyon brought a defence orientated game plan to my team St Kilda and now Fremantle
I'm disappointed the Saints didnt win a grand Final in the 3 they played in , in 2 years
But the again, do people want the Lyon style game plans to be ultra successful ?

Sorry if I am pedantic on defensive game plans , but I get irked watching teams kick from one wing to the other wing with 2-4 kicks
Sides kicking wide of the corridor to a forward  luine to avoid a mass of defenders out numbering forwards

Footy is still entertaining , I've been spoiled watching the great offensive SANFL eras like the 80s

Last edited by Scrappy on Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum