BloodnTars
Paul
Southee
UncleHuey
waddayamean
Brucetiki
13 posters

Go down

Round 1: Sturt v Eagles - Monday 28 March @ Peter Motley Oval Empty Round 1: Sturt v Eagles - Monday 28 March @ Peter Motley Oval

Post by Brucetiki Mon Mar 21, 2016 7:54 pm

Sturt v Eagles
Monday 28 March
Peter Motley Oval

Reserves: 11:25am
League: 2:10pm

Broadcast: Life FM

Sturt had a topsy turvy 2015, missing out on finals, while the Eagles won pretty much everything bar the premiership last year. Who will start the season with a win.

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Round 1: Sturt v Eagles - Monday 28 March @ Peter Motley Oval Empty Re: Round 1: Sturt v Eagles - Monday 28 March @ Peter Motley Oval

Post by bayman Mon Mar 21, 2016 7:58 pm

Eagles to do it for Mickyj & win easily by 56 points
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Round 1: Sturt v Eagles - Monday 28 March @ Peter Motley Oval Empty Re: Round 1: Sturt v Eagles - Monday 28 March @ Peter Motley Oval

Post by mickyj Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:30 am

bayman wrote:Eagles to do it for Mickyj & win easily by 56 points

Thanks Bayman . Bayman is now my manager lol
I'm hoping Eagles get up I'll be there
My retinue has increased my daughter has joined the Eagles .
I think this is to make sure I'm ok lol

Go Eagles if that running game gets going watch out teams
mickyj
mickyj

My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by William Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:58 am

Good way to start the season for both sides, Sturt to Test themselves Against the minor premiers from last year, and the Eagles to get a testing away game against a side that may improve from last year. Points to a close game, I will say the Eagles by 13 points
William
William

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:07 pm

Eagles smarting from losing the big one and will win this by 40+ points
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Tue Mar 22, 2016 4:06 pm

Sturt will be playing a different style to the usual running game, but their skills are good and they'll be hard defensively, which I suspect is what Mattner wants to fix up first.

On the other hand, the Eagles look better placed than last year, where they didn't lose many, and I'd expect them to win fairly comfortably, as I can't see Sturt kicking a winning score.
Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Southee Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:41 pm

Eagles look way too strong in this one.

Eagles by 6 goals.
Southee
Southee

My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Wed Mar 23, 2016 2:05 am

Eagles by 54
Paul
Paul

Teams : Sturt, Adelaide, South Whyalla, Tottenham, Celtic, Adelaide Thunderbirds, 36'ers, Adelaide United, Redbacks, Adelaide Bite, Adelaide Lightning, Dallas Mavericks
My club : sturt

http://funjoint.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Thu Mar 24, 2016 4:20 pm

EAGLES
The Eagles will unveil prized recruits Nick O’Brien and Jarrad Redden against Sturt at Peter Motley Oval on Easter Monday.
Strong-bodied midfielder O’Brien (22, 188cm and 88kg) is expected to make his sizeable presence felt in the SANFL this year after being delisted by Essendon.
Former Port ruckman Redden returns to Oval Avenue after being cut by the Power last year.
Solid pre-season form looks set to be rewarded for Reserves Magarey Medallist Matt Appleton and improved youngster Joe Sinor while speedy indigenous forward Nick Yarran could make his IGA League debut.
The Eagles have named seven on their extended interchange bench as their match is on Easter Monday, meaning coach Michael Godden will need to cut at least four players before the bounce.
Utility Chris Hall will play his 100th IGA League match against the Double Blues.

League
F: Appleton, Wundke, McGregor
HF: Thompson, Borholm, Allmond
C: Boyd, Jarrad, Goldsworthy
HB: P. Raymond, Ainger, N. Hayes
B: Hall, Giuffreda, Petrenko

R: Redden, O’Brien, Sinor
INT: Poole, G. Ellis, Von Bertouch, Yarran, Whittlesea, Rowland, Summerton

Reserves
F: Woods, L. Hoare, M. Raymond
HF: Smith, J. Hayes, Elsworthy
C: Jolly, Gaffney, B. Ellis
HB: Raikiwasa, Firns, L. Hayes
B: Cardone, Heinjus, Batley

R: Baqeri, Press, Westbrook
INT: Georgeson, Enright
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by BloodnTars Thu Mar 24, 2016 4:53 pm

Eagles easily

Sturt have lost some major players from their side and while their replacements are ok, they wont be enough to replace Kurtze, Coad and to a lesser extent Duldig.

Eagles have a bit to prove after failing at the final hurdle last year and I cant see them dropping this one.
BloodnTars
BloodnTars

Teams : West Adelaide, Adelaide Crows, Gepps Cross

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Fri Mar 25, 2016 8:27 am

I'm not really sure they got much from Coad or Duldig last season. Kurtze though is a massive loss.

That Eagles team on paper looks a serious premiership threat, but I expect Sturt to take it right up to them starting a new season and new era on their home deck.

I'll tip the Eagles but don't expect it to be a one-sided affair.
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Fri Mar 25, 2016 9:38 am

I'm looking at the Eagles line up I know I saw nearly two trial games . Not sure about the line up I could be wrong
Mind you saying Bomber and Redden up forward could be a bonus ,
I like aboriginal players Yarrin I'm hoping he plays but who knows .
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Mon Mar 28, 2016 6:16 pm

i went today & i thought Sturt had as much of the ball as the Eagles & probably went into their forward 50 as many if not more times but sadly for them they have no big targets to kick to & the ball kept coming back out quickly, bar for a couple of late goals the margin would have been more, i know they are hard to come by but surely they should be searching for a player they can target as a forward, without a decent forward they'll get plenty of the ball but wont be able to kick a big enough score, overall it was an entertaining match
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Mon Mar 28, 2016 6:46 pm

bayman wrote:i went today & i thought Sturt had as much of the ball as the Eagles & probably went into their forward 50 as many if not more times but sadly for them they have no big targets to kick to & the ball kept coming back out quickly, bar for a couple of late goals the margin would have been more, i know they are hard to come by but surely they should be searching for a player they can target as a forward, without a decent forward they'll get plenty of the ball but wont be able to kick a big enough score, overall it was an entertaining match
What about ruckman sturts got injured
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Mon Mar 28, 2016 7:10 pm

I thought I saw Brodie Martin only had 5 possessions? Did he have a shocker, or get injured?
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by bomber14 Mon Mar 28, 2016 7:15 pm

Lee wrote:I thought I saw Brodie Martin only had 5 possessions? Did he have a shocker, or get injured?

I watched till three quarter time and didn't see him get injured during that time.

Spent a bit of the game up forward and didn't look quite fit, beaten to the ball a few times
bomber14
bomber14

Back to top Go down

Post by William Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:40 am

Thought Unley Oval was in great condition yesterday, as well as the oval the grass around the ground was in great condition as well, as opposed to last year.
William
William

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:26 pm

William wrote:Thought Unley Oval was in great condition yesterday, as well as the oval the grass around the ground was in great condition as well, as opposed to last year.  
I wish we could see the scoreboard
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:10 pm

bomber14 wrote:
Lee wrote:I thought I saw Brodie Martin only had 5 possessions? Did he have a shocker, or get injured?

I watched till three quarter time and didn't see him get injured during that time.

Spent a bit of the game up forward and didn't look quite fit, beaten to the ball a few times

yeah i agree, i think Brodie needs a couple of games under his belt & then he'll be fine
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:13 pm

mickyj wrote:
bayman wrote:i went today & i thought Sturt had as much of the ball as the Eagles & probably went into their forward 50 as many if not more times but sadly for them they have no big targets to kick to & the ball kept coming back out quickly, bar for a couple of late goals the margin would have been more, i know they are hard to come by but surely they should be searching for a player they can target as a forward, without a decent forward they'll get plenty of the ball but wont be able to kick a big enough score, overall it was an entertaining match

Mick, i'm talking about big forwards, if Osborn is rucking he can't be up forward & if he's up forward who is going to ruck ? but yes he did go off injured
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:31 pm

bayman wrote:
mickyj wrote:

Mick, i'm talking about big forwards, if Osborn is rucking he can't be up forward & if he's up forward who is going to ruck ? but yes he did go off injured

Ok I didn't notice a tall up forward the number 16 for Sturt was a bit of trouble for the Eagles .
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:14 pm

Mick,
       i'll grant you that Kory Beard spent time up forward yesterday, he even spent time up forward last year, however he is generally known as a defender, mainly across the half back line & with the distinct lack of tall forwards Sturt are playing him across half forward, robbing Peter to pay Paul, Beard is a class act & is showing his versatility
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by countrycousin Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:41 pm

I thought our lads fought hard, but were simply outgunned by a stronger, better organized side. The Eagles are a formidable outfit, and they looked like they are determined to make amends for letting the big prize get away last year. Sturt on the other hand, are very much work in progress at this stage, with a long way to go. I can see quite a bit of experimenting in these early games, to get our forward structure working. And having both the ruckmen we recruited injured before round 2, is a challenge, to say the least. But that's the way it goes and a couple of the younger ones will have to step up.
countrycousin
countrycousin

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:46 am

bayman wrote:Mick,
       i'll grant you that Kory Beard spent time up forward yesterday, he even spent time up forward last year, however he is generally known as a defender, mainly across the half back line & with the distinct lack of tall forwards Sturt are playing him across half forward, robbing Peter to pay Paul, Beard is a class act & is showing his versatility

Ahh that's who he is thanks Bayman
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum