EagleRock
blacky
Brucetiki
Scrunch
southern bulldog
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Round 2: Eagles v West - Saturday 15 April @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval Empty Round 2: Eagles v West - Saturday 15 April @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Post by Brucetiki Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:57 pm

Eagles v West
Saturday 15 April
Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Reserves: 10:25am
League: 1:10pm

West were competitive in their loss to South, while the Eagles had an easier than expected trip to Elizabeth.  Will West record their first win of the season, or will the Eagles go from strength to strength?

Last edited by Brucetiki on Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Round 2: Eagles v West - Saturday 15 April @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval Empty Re: Round 2: Eagles v West - Saturday 15 April @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Post by Lee Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:36 pm

Think this one's at Woodville.
Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Round 2: Eagles v West - Saturday 15 April @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval Empty Re: Round 2: Eagles v West - Saturday 15 April @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Post by mickyj Mon Apr 10, 2017 8:52 pm

Lee wrote:Think this one's at Woodville.
Sure is early game as well
mickyj
mickyj

My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by southern bulldog Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:04 pm

On what i saw last week you will belt them
southern bulldog
southern bulldog

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:58 pm

Eagles at Woodville should win easily, they were ultra impressive last week & i think they'll win by 8-10 goals
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:39 am

Eagles by 10 goals, wont lse too many minor round games
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by Brucetiki Tue Apr 11, 2017 1:58 pm

Lee wrote:Think this one's at Woodville.

Another fantastic effort from the SANFL site putting the fixture upside down

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:06 pm

Good to see Rowntree back in the twos
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by blacky Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:38 pm

Will be the first game in 40 plus years that I won't be going to
blacky
blacky

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:34 pm

blacky wrote:Will be the first game in 40 plus years that I won't be going to

what happens next week if they win ?
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sat Apr 15, 2017 12:26 pm

For those with children 8-12 years old & your contemplating coming, bring them along if they're keen to play football as an announcement has been made looking for that age bracket to play at half time
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Sat Apr 15, 2017 4:29 pm

Didn't expect to win by that much
Hayes boys kicking a few
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:45 pm

Very disappointing effort by West. We again struggled out of the centre. Although the final margin was due to the second quarter, West were only able to play fluent football in the first quarter.

Jake Wilson at full back was clearly West's best. The Eagles kicked 19 goals, Wundke only kicked 2, both from frees, the last a soft downfield free in the dying seconds.

The Reserves had a rare win at Woodville, with another full back, Ben Klemke also easily best, with 16 marks.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by EagleRock Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:56 pm

Lee Wundke only received 1 free kick, and with all due respect if you think Wilson was your best player your only trying to justify his recruitment.
EagleRock
EagleRock

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:20 pm

I thought the Eagles would win easily & Wundke would kick at least 5 so I'd say he did very well
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:31 pm

Sorry, eaglerock, but if Wilson keeping Wundke to 2 goals out of 19 doesn't make him our best player, then I'd be amazed.

No need to justify recruiting someone who was the VFL State Full-back last year.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by spell_check Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:34 pm

Give him the Colour TV
spell_check
spell_check

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:43 am

Lee wrote:Very disappointing effort by West.  We again struggled out of the centre. Although the final margin was due to the second quarter, West were only able to play fluent football in the first quarter.

Jake Wilson at full back was clearly West's best. The Eagles kicked 19 goals, Wundke only kicked 2, both from frees, the last a soft downfield free in the dying seconds.

The Reserves had a rare win at Woodville, with another full back, Ben Klemke also easily best, with 16 marks.

Ok I was there that's a given
What I saw in the seconds . West seconds pressured the Eagles . Something the Eagles seconds didn't get that pressure against centrals .
And that pressure was the reason the Eagles seconds lost . Being forced to kick long to the forward line straight to west didn't help .
Take 2
The league game . First quarter west were to quick to fast and a player in the centre was causing issues kicking long direct .
Now I'm not sure what happened in the second term .
West got tired from the first term .
Or the Eagles were playing at 90 percent .
After that goal kicking term game over really .
Wundke held win to west
West ruck man is a big minus
I think it was Webb against Hayes so much taller but had to Shepard him out the way .
Umpire picked it up
And Hayes winning the forward line made Gods put whitlesea into the ruck .

I'll be honest at 1/4 time thought bloody close game coming .
While the Eagles won still got improvement to come
But Gods coaching move ball on at all costs worked yesterday and very well in the second .
Let's give credit to the Eagles youngsters yesterday
They stood up
They were the best players on the field
They showed why Gods stuck with them
And one oldie again showed West why he should be playing league not in west seconds

Enough well done Eagles
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by goddy11 Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:11 pm

Not sure the crowd number yesterday but it looked as small as I have seen it. Not a good idea to televise with the Power and Crows following. Might be good PR to the Eagles but financially I'm not sure of any other benefits.
goddy11
goddy11

Teams : crows,ealges,

Back to top Go down

Post by Flag No.10 Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:16 pm

EagleRock wrote:Lee Wundke only received 1 free kick, and with all due respect if you think Wilson was your best player your only trying to justify his recruitment.

SANFL stats show he received 2 frees.
Flag No.10

Teams : West Adelaide

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:17 pm

goddy11 wrote:Not sure the crowd number yesterday but it looked as small as I have seen it. Not a good idea to televise with the Power and Crows following. Might be good PR to the Eagles but financially I'm not sure of any other benefits.

I think the ground announcer said 1781?, micky.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:29 pm

Lee wrote:
goddy11 wrote:Not sure the crowd number yesterday but it looked as small as I have seen it. Not a good idea to televise with the Power and Crows following. Might be good PR to the Eagles but financially I'm not sure of any other benefits.

think thats right lee or 1769
We were thinking 1500 if lucky
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:31 pm

Good Point
Could have been at richmond at night Friday night
Could have been played today
Was great for the Eagles
But mini league was it too hard in school holidays easter to put on maybe CD could answer that

Plus the electronic scoreboard
Did take awhile for both Clocks to get the time right
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:37 pm

Flag No.10 wrote:
EagleRock wrote:Lee Wundke only received 1 free kick, and with all due respect if you think Wilson was your best player your only trying to justify his recruitment.

SANFL stats show he received 2 frees.

Frees are interesting i normally whinge and moan yesterday only one umpire seemed crap he may have been the one that was unable to do the centre bounce
One umpire out of three was either pretty bad or a west fan (no offence to west fans) but honestly your an eagle standing in front of a west player both arms up going for the mark. Remember in front as the ball approaches you mark the ball whistle blows in the back eagle player says what you pushed the west player in the back . Honestly your standing in front how do you push a player in the back .
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by goddy11 Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:54 pm

mickyj wrote:
Lee wrote:

think thats right lee or 1769
We were thinking 1500 if lucky

I sat in the cricket club and had a good all round view. They must have counted the Tasmanians in the crowd. I was thinking under 1000.
goddy11
goddy11

Teams : crows,ealges,

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next