PhilH
spell_check
UncleHuey
RODH2
Brucetiki
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Round 14: Eagles v West - Saturday 2 July @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval Empty Round 14: Eagles v West - Saturday 2 July @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Post by Brucetiki Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:02 pm

Eagles (2nd 8-2 59.48%) v West (10th 2-9 37.26%)
Saturday 2 July
Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Reserves: 11:25am
League: 2:10pm

Both sides are coming off wins last week, though one would say it may be a tough ask for West to make it 3 on the row this week against one of the form sides of the competition.

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Round 14: Eagles v West - Saturday 2 July @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval Empty Re: Round 14: Eagles v West - Saturday 2 July @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Post by RODH2 Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:17 pm

I might watch a replay of the G.F....... Neutral
RODH2
RODH2

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Round 14: Eagles v West - Saturday 2 July @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval Empty Re: Round 14: Eagles v West - Saturday 2 July @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Post by bayman Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:54 am

RODH2 wrote:I might watch a replay of the G.F....... Neutral

haven't worn out the dvd yet ?

Eagles by 100+ i reckon the corporates will go up about -43.5 points or thereabouts & that will be a gift
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:12 pm

Eagles by a lot.
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Thu Jun 30, 2016 4:45 pm

EAGLES
Woodville-West Torrens has made a rare move at the selection table, naming an unchanged line-up for the match with West Adelaide at Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval on Saturday.
Eagles coach Michael Godden is so satisfied with his 21-man list he has even resisted calling up two players to the interchange bench.
The boys from Oval Avenue are coming off an impressive Round 13 win against fellow contender South Adelaide, with the aim of repeating their Anzac Day thrashing of the Bloods high on the agenda.

League
F: Boyd, Redden, Poole
HF: McGregor, Wundke, Gaffney
C: Hall, Lewis, N. Hayes
HB: Jarrad, Von Bertouch, Allmond
B: P. Raymond, Thompson, Giuffreda

R: Borholm, O’Brien, Petrenko
INT: Haylock, Whittlesea, Goldsworthy
UNCHANGED

Reserves
F: Jolly, Raikiwasa, Comitogianni
HF: Woods, Firns, Press
C: Rowland, B. Ellis, Westbrook
HB: G. Ellis, Summerton, Sinor
B: Elsworthy, Heinjus, Batley

R: J. Hayes, Appleton, Yarran
INT: W. McPherson, Smith, L. Hayes

Under-18
F: Friend, Baqeri, Longbottom
HF: Stengle, Weidemann, Cook
C: Martin, Hoyle, Georgeson
HB: Coxon, Traeger, Bondarenko
B: Zille, Beecken, Moore

R: Miller, Moller, Mead
INT: Goold, Drummond, McDonald, Mentz, Morgan, Wanganeen
mickyj
mickyj

My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele Thu Jun 30, 2016 4:57 pm

West Adelaide could take an unchanged line-up into Saturday’s clash with the Eagles at Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval.
Bloods coach Mark Mickan has added two players to his five-man extended interchange bench but they won’t necessarily survive the cut.
Former Richmond backman Brad Helbig and emerging defender Brett Turner both performed strongly in the Reserves last round.
Helbig racked up 25 disposals, eight marks and six clearances while Turner, who made his IGA League debut earlier this year, finished with 27 disposals, six marks and 11 clearances.

League
F: Silverlock, Slattery, Fielke
HF: Stubbs, Middleton, Haysman
C: Waite, Schiller, Hill
HB: Burgess, Hartlett, Schmidt
B: Caire, Hardy, Agostino

R: Webb, Tuck, O’Brien
INT: Favretto, Karpany, Helbig, Turner, K. Stevens
IN: Turner, Helbig

Reserves
Smithson, Rodman, Klemke, Pillion, M. Johnson, McPherson, L. Ryan, M. Noble, Taheny, Inglis, Heitmann, Majok, J. Evans, Male, Westhoff, Cameron, J. Ryan, J. Stevens, G. Hampton, J. Noble, L. Evans.

Under-18
Allen, Goldner, Gutsche, Eichner, K. Rankine, Baker, O’Driscoll, Crump, Satanek, McCarthy, Smith, R. Moore, Walton, Wagner, West, Patterson, Lampard, Hocking, E. Moore, Staker, M. Johnson, Badcoe, Baldissera, May.
Thiele
Thiele

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilH Thu Jun 30, 2016 5:11 pm

Round 14: Eagles v West - Saturday 2 July @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval 2016_h14
PhilH
PhilH

Teams : Eagles, Adelaide Bite, Green Bay Packers, Milwaukee Brewers

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by PhilH Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:57 pm

Yes and part of that talk ( EAGLES' CROWDS SOAR, Weekly Times Messenger June 29th Page 7) mentioned Eagles are bucking the trend up 15.4% on same time last year.

Not expecting a big crowd to this one but have some promotions in place (as above) to try and offset the live TV coverage.

Would be good to get 1800 as we move onto the bigger drawing games coming up v Adelaide & the top of the table clash v Sturt.
PhilH
PhilH

Back to top Go down

Post by spell_check Sun Jul 03, 2016 12:17 am

waddayamean wrote:Lot of talk about crowds and with two of the low supporting clubs this may not be good.

You seem to talk about ours (and a couple of others) a lot....there was only about 70 more at the Parade this week than at Woodville last week  Yeah, we are 2nd and Norwood are 9th, but Norwood have a gazillion more members than we do anyway.  Point being, they are generally down all over the shop, not just those you like to pick on the most (West and South as well as us I mean).  I guess it's fun taking pot shots when you are too gutless to even state who you follow.  'Doesn't matter who I follow', you might come back with?  Not necessarily, but it sure makes it easier for yourself.

I should think that would be a low for the SANFL regarding the West inside 50 count...if only I kept records on it.  I may do so one day.  West did win two stat categories today worth noting, the tackles, and would you believe, the free kicks for.  I dare say the bookies would have offered $25 for that if they've been reading these forums. We still  won't have a Magarey Medalist after this year - the contributions are spread fairly evenly, every match.
spell_check
spell_check

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Sun Jul 03, 2016 7:58 am

I think yesterday's umpires were bad to both teams certainly not league standard umpires IMHO .
Saying that the seconds umpires where much better standard than the league umpires .
We get to the grounds early so early I watched a seconds boundary umpire practice throwing the ball in . Well done cause one of the league boundary Umps had issues holding the ball before throw ins .

Yesterday was one of those games in both grades we need a mercy rule .
And a certain west player or players need anger management training . But I guess we all get like that from time to time .
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by goddy11 Sun Jul 03, 2016 9:21 am

Sorry to say MJ I had no issues with the umpires at all. Did you go to the right match? The Eagle just dominated possession and the score should have been greater.
goddy11
goddy11

Teams : crows,ealges,

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilH Sun Jul 03, 2016 10:47 am

I think you are about 5 years out of date.

2001-2011 - Yes Eagles were usually ranked bottom 3 for home crowds (usually 7th or 8th out of 9) along with South & West

But last 5 seasons we our crowds have improved relative to other clubs.

2012 - 4th

2013 - 6th

2014 - 5th

2015 - 5th

2016 - currently 5th  (chance of 4th)

This consistent improvement over a five year period cannot be written off as a one off event, it is now an established trend.

Also this year the Eagles are one of only 2 clubs to be ahead on home crowds
(compared with same number of home games last year)

Central (6hg)  + 2928
Eagles (7hg)   + 1300

South (7hg)         -102
Glenelg (6hg)       -850
West (6hg)          -896
North (6hg)         -1198
Sturt (6hg)          -1424
Norwood (7hg)     -3244
Port (6hg)            -6511

So if you are going to label these numbers as signs of the Eagles having a "not strong" supporter base you need to include North, now Port Magpies and possibly Central (kudos to their growth this year) to the list.
PhilH
PhilH

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Sun Jul 03, 2016 11:44 am

goddy11 wrote:Sorry to say MJ I had no issues with the umpires at all. Did you go to the right match? The Eagle just dominated possession and the score should have been greater.

Yep there was a few issues with holding the ball .
I've changed locations used to sit in the stand due to my injury iM sitting on the terraces where I used to sit .
Get to see more close up .

But saying what I did the seconds umpires no issue they seemed fair and unbiased .

At least at this game Both teams scored at the northern end unlike the week before
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Sun Jul 03, 2016 11:48 am

waddayamean wrote:
spell_check wrote:
waddayamean wrote:Lot of talk about crowds and with two of the low supporting clubs this may not be good.

You seem to talk about ours (and a couple of others) a lot....there was only about 70 more at the Parade this week than at Woodville last week  Yeah, we are 2nd and Norwood are 9th, but Norwood have a gazillion more members than we do anyway.  Point being, they are generally down all over the shop, not just those you like to pick on the most (West and South as well as us I mean).  I guess it's fun taking pot shots when you are too gutless to even state who you follow.  'Doesn't matter who I follow', you might come back with?  Not necessarily, but it sure makes it easier for yourself.

I should think that would be a low for the SANFL regarding the West inside 50 count...if only I kept records on it.  I may do so one day.  West did win two stat categories today worth noting, the tackles, and would you believe, the free kicks for.  I dare say the bookies would have offered $25 for that if they've been reading these forums. We still  won't have a Magarey Medalist after this year - the contributions are spread fairly evenly, every match.

Pot shot you reckon ? Just stating the obvious . Eagles , like it or not, do not have a strong supporter base nor do West and South. Don't be so precious .

one of Souths attendance issue this year playing port the same day the power are playing in the afl . The port club advertising go to Alberton watch the games there doesn't help attendances .
surely you have seen this Crows played Centrals on a day the afl team played bad programming 
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Sun Jul 03, 2016 11:52 am

goddy11 wrote:Sorry to say MJ I had no issues with the umpires at all. Did you go to the right match? The Eagle just dominated possession and the score should have been greater.

Just to show I did attend both games I was there before the start of the seconds .
Wests seconds kicked the ball a large deal to Eagles players . They did the same at a smaller amount in the league ,
Eagles built a wall in the seconds while in the league west did man up they didn't man up on each Eagle back men .
Hence the running game got going and the flash on the wing helped this no excepting that stupid act he did in the first quarter Wests first goal . Which he got back kicking the Eagles first goal
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by goddy11 Sun Jul 03, 2016 1:25 pm

mickyj wrote:

Just to show I did attend both games I was there before the start of the seconds .
Wests seconds kicked the ball a large deal to Eagles players . They did the same at a smaller amount in the league ,
Eagles built a wall in the seconds while in the league west did man up they didn't man up on each Eagle back men .
Hence the running game got going and the flash on the wing helped this no excepting that stupid act he did in the first quarter Wests first goal . Which he got back kicking the Eagles first goal

If I had a criticism of the Eagles game ( if it can be called a criticism) it was they tried to be too unselfish. They try to bring other players into it especially un forward lines. Some of the running depth is starting to show with players like Petrenko and Ainger out but the players coming in looked like they have always been there. The centre cricket pitch area caused a lot of slipping but we did persist in going through it. Its not all gloom and doom for Westies. Some of their defenders were great. They just had no around the ground players of substance.
goddy11
goddy11

Teams : crows,ealges,

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Sun Jul 03, 2016 2:15 pm

goddy11 wrote:
mickyj wrote:

If I had a criticism of the Eagles  game ( if it can be called a criticism) it was they tried to be too unselfish. They try to bring other players into it especially un forward lines.  Some of the running depth is starting to show with players like Petrenko and Ainger out but the players coming in looked like they have always been there. The centre cricket pitch area caused a lot of slipping but we did persist in going through it.  Its not all gloom and doom for Westies. Some of their defenders were great. They just had no around the ground players of substance.

Totally agree
I think my lad and i talking today with Mcgregor and Gafney up forward when the big blokes dont perform the little guys do .
So basically you hold Wundke and Ainger up bob the small guys then you through in Bomber and Redden .

I was worried with no Pup but the guys worked well Poole was everywhere
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Sun Jul 03, 2016 7:01 pm

waddayamean wrote:Crowd 1598 . Wouldn't say that is good.

Better than the south v power game 980
You can not expect a bottom side to produce huge crowds
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Jul 03, 2016 7:12 pm

how is Luke Jarrad going ? i got told by an ''Eagles source'' that he (Luke) struggled yesterday & has struggled throughout the season & isn't the player he once was, ''leg speed & kicking accuracy gone'' was the quote...........................he's a class act, has father time caught up with him ?
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on

Back to top Go down

Post by Flag No.10 Sun Jul 03, 2016 8:33 pm

Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval - who said there was no 'I' in 'Thiem'?
Flag No.10

Teams : West Adelaide

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next