Mannyredleg
First 21
spell_check
Scrappy
Brucetiki
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Round 15: Eagles v Norwood - Saturday 29 July @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval Empty Round 15: Eagles v Norwood - Saturday 29 July @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Post by Brucetiki Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:44 pm

Eagles v Norwood
Saturday 29 July
Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Reserves: 11:30am
League: 2:10pm

The Eagles face the only side to have beaten them this year. Will Norwood sweep the Eagles, or will the Eagles beat everyone in the SANFL this season?

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Round 15: Eagles v Norwood - Saturday 29 July @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval Empty Re: Round 15: Eagles v Norwood - Saturday 29 July @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Post by bayman Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:47 pm

Eagles in a nail biter by 3 points
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Round 15: Eagles v Norwood - Saturday 29 July @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval Empty Re: Round 15: Eagles v Norwood - Saturday 29 July @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Post by Scrappy Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:14 pm

Norwood is the last team to beat Woodville West Torrens in both the 2016 and 2017 Minor Rounds
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:58 pm

Scrappy wrote:Norwood is the last team to beat Woodville West Torrens in both the 2016 and 2017 Minor Rounds

But will they win this week Scrappy?
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:45 am

Scrappy wrote:Norwood is the last team to beat Woodville West Torrens in both the 2016 and 2017 Minor Rounds

Yep 2016 eagles were not bothered I think
2017 Norwood were the better team

Do the eagles lose again
Do players come back in
mickyj
mickyj

My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by spell_check Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:41 pm

I keep thinking with the players out, we should drop one somewhere. Surely this is it?  The winning streak at Woodville (16 of them) will come to an end this week?
spell_check
spell_check

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:00 pm

spell_check wrote:I keep thinking with the players out, we should drop one somewhere. Surely this is it?  The winning streak at Woodville (16 of them) will come to an end this week?

With out upsetting any other posters i have been shocked at how the Eagles keep winning with so many outs .

Hopefully that hasn't offended any other teams supporters as i slurred on another post
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by mickyj Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:27 pm

LEAGUE
IN – PETRENKO, STEWART, WUNDKE
OUT – GIUFFREDA (BACK), POOLE (BACK)
Round 15: Eagles v Norwood - Saturday 29 July @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval Rd-15-League-Team-Lineup-1024x852
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:55 am

Given the forecast winning the toss may be crucial
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by mickyj Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:36 am

First 21 wrote:Free kick Eagles. This team get a ride for some reason.

Heard that a lot yesterday by disgruntled Norwood fans
Yet Norwood fans constantly umpires the game with Ball and the umpire paid it

Saying that Norwood again were the better team
Incoming eagle players perhaps should have come back via the seconds
Eagles seconds well done last win against Norwood current win against Norwood

The league game Norwood had the need to win
Eagles didn't need to win eagles still top

Doesn't matter where you play Norwood
They do whinge
1 umpires
2 you make the GF and don't win
3 and the old faithful by lower teams like Norwood you had to merge two teams to win
Norwood fans not great to be near

mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Mannyredleg Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:56 am

The ride the Eagles get from the umps during the year probably comes back to haunt them during the finals when the umps invariably dont pay soft frees.
Mannyredleg
Mannyredleg

Teams : Norwood
My club : norwood

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:09 am

Mannyredleg wrote:The ride the Eagles get from the umps during the year probably comes back to haunt them during the finals when the umps invariably dont pay soft frees.

Love these lower club fans
Win they are bad winners
Lose they stay away
Were you there yesterday ?
How's the Norwood player going who was reported for head high contact
But I guess your band wagoner probably stayed home due to the weather
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:48 am

mickyj wrote:

They do whinge
1 umpires
3 and the old faithful by lower teams like Norwood you had to merge two teams to win

You can lay the blame at Norwood all you like Mickey, that's what sore losers do - fact is every club supporter in the competition has laughed for 10 years about the ride the Eagles get. I guess that was one of the perks of taking the soft option 26 years ago? You were 2nd to the ball all day and trailed in every single statistic except one - frees 35-19 your way, I look forward to your justification for this.

Eagles will make the GF, Norwood wont, as those close losses come back to haunt, so you will have the last laugh, but for now just suck it up.
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:55 am

Scrunch wrote:
mickyj wrote:

They do whinge

1 umpires

You can lay the blame at Norwood all you like Mickey, that's what sore losers do - fact is every club supporter in the competition has laughed for 10 years about the ride the Eagles get. I guess that was one of the perks of taking the soft option 26 years ago? You were 2nd to the ball all day and trailed in every single statistic except one - frees 35-19 your way, I look forward to your justification for this.

Eagles will make the GF, Norwood wont, as those close losses come back to haunt, so you will have the last laugh, but for now just suck it up.

In no way Scrunch did I run down the Norwood team
They were by far the better team

What I was talking about you just highlighted again
Teams on the ladder below the eagles fans go on and on about the merger just like you yourself posted
Tell me of those players from the two teams how many are still playing league footy zero so why do theses fans like you Scrunch bring it up
Let's face the fact Woodville was a team from the West Torrens zone brought in to hurt Port . What happened Torrens didn't recover ,

If these fans bring it up a few sons are coming up from that merger
The Weeds son is playing seconds
Haylocks son plays league
Jollys son in the seconds
Other surnames you may know
Stephen Rowe ex Norwood ex crows player son juniors and seconds at Woodville
Darren Mead ex Port his sons play for the Eagles

You fans can run the eagles down we look after our juniors better than many other teams do . Might be the reason Rowe is an Eagle and not a legs player
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:02 pm

With young Rowe wouldn't the main reason be because of the area he lives in ?
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:08 pm

bayman wrote:With young Rowe wouldn't the main reason be because of the area he lives in ?

I was told by a footy friend his dad was on AA saying he wanted his son playing at the Eagles because of the way they look after their juniors
Now I didn't hear it myself but as I said I was told he said it on AA

Darren Meads boys yes they are in the Eagles area which used to be ports area
Rowed boy I thought he'd qualify under father son for the legs but he's played two seconds games this week he was an out school footy
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:10 pm

bayman wrote:With young Rowe wouldn't the main reason be because of the area he lives in ?
As a side note one Norwood fan yesterday was whinging about Norwoods under 18s being killed by south
Just a side note
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:19 pm

Mick, I'd be happy enough to have incurred a loss now, rather than going into the finals with only one loss in the home & away season
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:27 pm

bayman wrote:Mick, I'd be happy enough to have incurred a loss now, rather than going into the finals with only one loss in the home & away season

Yep I totally agree
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by columbo Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:52 pm

Norwood deserved the win yesterday as they did earlier in the year end of story.

Out of curiosity I have had a look at the Champion Data reports available on the SANFL website these are the free kick differential numbers for both sides this year prior to yesterday. Perhaps in some respects the numbers mean very little but maybe there is something to learn from them.

Round 1 Norwood -9 Eagles +6
Round 2 Both Even
Round 3 Norwood -12 Eagles +5
Round 4 Norwood Even
Round 5 Norwood +4 Eagles +2
Round5a Eagles +2
Round 6 Norwood -4 Eagles +12
Round 7 Norwood +3 Eagles -3
Round 8 Norwood -7 Eagles -1
Round 9 Norwood +9 Eagles +4
Round 10a Norwood -15
Round 10b Eagles +1
Round 11 Norwood -11 Eagles +12
Round 12 Norwood -11 Eagles +4
Round 13 Norwood -4 Eagles Even
Round 14 Norwood -2 Eagles -4

A few games where Norwood have been on the end of a big negative differential, would be interesting to see the breakdown of what the frees were for in those games.

The two +12's for the Eagles were both against Port, probably 2 of the hardest contests I can recall seeing for a number of years.

Interested to hear others thoughts.

columbo
columbo

Teams : Eagles, North Melbourne

Back to top Go down

Post by Flag No.10 Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:20 pm

I have heard plenty of talk about the Eagles being protected by the umpires but I haven't heard one credible explanation or even theory for why that would be the case.
Flag No.10

Teams : West Adelaide
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:42 pm

We waste too much time on umpiring, sure there is some inexperience in the umpiring ranks & they make mistakes but so too do the players as well as you & myself.....all I'll say is go to a match your team isn't involved in & yes you'll see the umpires & players make mistakes but you'll think that the umpiring was ok
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by columbo Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:56 pm

bayman wrote:We waste too much time on umpiring, sure there is some inexperience in the umpiring ranks & they make mistakes but so too do the players as well as you & myself.....all I'll say is go to a match your team isn't involved in & yes you'll see the umpires & players make mistakes but you'll think that the umpiring was ok

I agree Bayman.
They make or don't make split second decisions and once it's been made 99% of the time they don't change it, unless one of their colleagues calls it different from elsewhere on the ground.
In the end we are all biased towards our team so always think they are getting a tough run.
columbo
columbo

Teams : Eagles, North Melbourne

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum