Round 15: Eagles v Sturt - Saturday 21 July @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

+3
Scrappy
Scrunch
Brucetiki
7 posters

Go down

Round 15: Eagles v Sturt - Saturday 21 July @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval Empty Round 15: Eagles v Sturt - Saturday 21 July @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Post by Brucetiki Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:57 pm

Eagles v Sturt
Saturday 21 July
Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Reserves: 11:30am
League: 2:10pm

The Eagles blew away North last week while Sturt got blown away by Norwood. Who will win this week?

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Round 15: Eagles v Sturt - Saturday 21 July @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval Empty Re: Round 15: Eagles v Sturt - Saturday 21 July @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Post by mickyj Tue Jul 17, 2018 1:27 pm

Will Rowe replace Poole ? Rowe adds pace
Will Poole fight the report
mickyj
mickyj

My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Round 15: Eagles v Sturt - Saturday 21 July @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval Empty Re: Round 15: Eagles v Sturt - Saturday 21 July @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Post by Scrunch Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:06 pm

Massive game, Sturt seem to struggle against the Eagles in minor round fixtures. Both sides likely to miss a couple of players from last weekend. Expect Sturt to respond but get the feeling the Eagles have their measure. Tipping a draw.
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:15 pm

Scrunch wrote:Massive game, Sturt seem to struggle against the Eagles in minor round fixtures. Both sides likely to miss a couple of players from last weekend. Expect Sturt to respond but get the feeling the Eagles have their measure. Tipping a draw.

Although I'll be there and don't like draws.
Would another draw equate to the Eagles being a further game ahead .
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:58 pm

MJ
If EG draw with ST, and NW beats WA both teams will have equal amount of points
EG 10 wins + 2 draws
NW 11 wins and no draws

EG currently have 58-01 %
NW currently have 56.92%

The sensational NW would need to smash WA to catch up the 1.09 % they are behind the magnificent EG team
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:06 pm

Scrappy wrote:MJ
If EG draw with ST, and NW beats WA both teams will have equal amount of points
EG 10 wins + 2 draws
NW 11 wins and no draws

EG currently have 58-01 %
NW currently have 56.92%

The sensational NW would need to smash WA to catch up the 1.09 % they are behind the magnificent EG team

Cheers Scrappy
That's going with the big IF word .
Of course we will never know until both games end .
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:40 pm

It didn’t take Luke Thompson long to be immersed in the strong culture at Woodville-West Torrens.

Drafted by Adelaide FC from TAC Cup club Geelong Falcons at the end of 2009, the fresh-faced teenager vividly remembers being taken under the wing of fellow Eagle Jared Petrenko as soon as he was allocated Woodville-West Torrens in the SANFL mini draft.

And after receiving welcome messages from senior Eagles stars such as Justin Cicolella and Mark McKenzie, Thompson knew Oval Avenue would be his home away from home in South Australia.

Speaking on SANFL Radio, the 27-year-old said he was proud to reach his 150th Macca’s League match against Sturt on Saturday as he’s determined to repay coach Michael Godden and the Eagles during his time in Adelaide.

Now a co-captain of the club with fellow defender Pat Giuffreda, Thompson is eager to again experience the ultimate success after playing in the Eagles’ dramatic 2011 premiership.

A qualified electrician, the West End State team vice-captain has just joined his family’s insurance-broking business in the city.
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:02 pm

EAGLES

League

Woodville-West Torrens defender Joseph Sinor could play his first Macca’s League game of the season against Sturt on Saturday.

Last year’s Powerade Breakthrough Player has played two games in the Reserves after recovering from the broken leg he suffered in a trial match earlier this year.

Sinor is one of three inclusions to the Eagles’ 23-man squad, along with ruckman Marc Borholm and defender Jake Westbrook.

Midfielder Angus Poole will miss one match after accepting an early guilty plea for striking.

Premiership defender Luke Thompson will play his 150th Macca’s League match.

F: Gray, N. Hayes, Haylock

HF: Sharrad, J. Hayes, Johansen

C: Boyd, Lewis, Lukosius

HB: Goldsworthy, Thompson, Hall

B: Giuffreda, Von Bertouch, Heinjus

R: Redden, Rowland, Stewart

INT: Borholm, Comitogianni, Sinor, Firns, Westbrook

IN: Borholm, Sinor, Westbrook

OUT: Poole (suspension)

Reserves
Cook, Hawkins, Sibley, Minney, Weidemann, Schmusch, X.Redden, Martin, C.Gaffney, E.Miller, Moore, Rowe, Wood, J.Gaffney, West, McLeod, Frederick, Pudney, Lee, McKay.

Under-18
F: Schoenberg, Francis, Pickett
HF: Pratico, Armfield, Tiller
C: Burgoyne, Miller, Martin Frederick
HB: Jungfer, R. Bruce, Hawkins
B: Smith, Carter, Brill

R: Michael, Bailey, Mead
INT: Arriola, Hillard, Lock, McCann, McCauley, Williams
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:21 pm

The Double Blues won easily which is a good sign for then and a worry for the Eagles. At this stage it is Sturt and Norwood to battle for the flag. Eagles are making up the numbers.
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:39 pm

UncleHuey wrote:The Double Blues won easily which is a good sign for then and a worry for the Eagles. At this stage it is Sturt and Norwood to battle for the flag. Eagles are making up the numbers.

If you go back 12 months same game Sturt at Woodville defeat Eagles.
12 months ago Eagles defeat Sturt at unley this year Eagles defeat Sturt at unley .

So really in 12 months between the two sides nothing changed in the home and away matches .
Eagles first loss in 9 rounds
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by goddy11 Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:08 pm

mickyj wrote:
UncleHuey wrote:The Double Blues won easily which is a good sign for then and a worry for the Eagles. At this stage it is Sturt and Norwood to battle for the flag. Eagles are making up the numbers.

12 months ago Eagles defeat Sturt at unley this year Eagles defeat Sturt at unley .

So really in 12 months between the two sides nothing changed in the home and away matches .

I not sure if I understand the first line of your comment Mickyj but the Eags won both home and away last season and the same the previous year. We have won the last 6 games this year, the last lost was to Norwood in round 7.
goddy11
goddy11

Teams : crows,ealges,

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:13 pm

goddy11 wrote:
mickyj wrote:

I not sure if I understand the first line of your comment Mickyj but the Eags won both home and away last season and the same the previous year. We have won the last 6 games this year, the last lost was to Norwood in round 7.

Ok let me try this again I just found a link and I was wrong
Round 15 2017 Norwood defeated the Eagles at Woodville
But after round 15 Eagles won one game against Adelaide.
Here's the link
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2017_SANFL_season

So I was way off there
Excluding the Adelaide game from round 15 2017 they lost the rest of the games
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:00 am

To me, Norwood seem the goods at the moment.

This week's game will be a bit telling as to the pecking (a Scrappy-esque pun!) order as the top 3 will then have played each other in 3 consecutive weeks.

Sturt were good for 3 quarters against Norwood and the same for the Eagles. Our last quarter scoring (or lack thereof) was a worry in both.

North seem to have some worries losing the last 3. One would think they will bounce back this week against Adelaide. Whether they can get their mojo back in time to grab back a double chance is the big question.
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:43 am

Chambo Off To Work We Go wrote:To me, Norwood seem the goods at the moment.

This week's game will be a bit telling as to the pecking (a Scrappy-esque pun!) order as the top 3 will then have played each other in 3 consecutive weeks.

Sturt were good for 3 quarters against Norwood and the same for the Eagles. Our last quarter scoring (or lack thereof) was a worry in both.

North seem to have some worries losing the last 3. One would think they will bounce back this week against Adelaide. Whether they can get their mojo back in time to grab back a double chance is the big question.

I totally agree with Chambo, and I think Norwood are in the GF.
Who they face is who can win enough games to face them.

Although talking to a true legs fan he has issues with Norwood on the larger oval.
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:52 am

I guess now we know!
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum