Booney
Flag No.10
RODH2
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Big Phil
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Glenelg Appoints Glenn Elliot as CEO - Page 2 Empty Re: Glenelg Appoints Glenn Elliot as CEO

Post by Flag No.10 Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:20 am

I think you're on the right track Ben. I think it's time for some kind of summit involving the SANFL clubs and the SANFL and the Football Commission in an attempt to come up with a competition-wide strategy to secure the financial (and playing) futures of the clubs.
Flag No.10

Teams : West Adelaide
My club : west

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Glenelg Appoints Glenn Elliot as CEO - Page 2 Empty Re: Glenelg Appoints Glenn Elliot as CEO

Post by Lee Tue Feb 23, 2016 3:05 pm

Thanks a lot, Booney, preferred W's first answer Very Happy
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney Tue Feb 23, 2016 4:36 pm

Laughing
Booney
Booney

Teams : Port Adelaide, Chicago White Sox
My club : port

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:28 pm

From the Glenelg FC,

"The Tiger has a pulse!

What an incredible response from so many members over the week end following some media speculation regarding our future. Membership is the pulse of our Club and the most effective way of supporting our Club is to buy a Home Match Membership for this season. Membership is tracking well ahead of last year which is encouraging, if you are a Tigers supporter and were thinking of joining – please do it now, we need you. If you are already on board, we thank you for your support.
To download a copy of our 2016 packages please click here.

http://membership.glenelgfc.com.au/pack ... -me-choose

To purchase your membership please contact our membership hot line on 1300 OUR CLUB (1300 687 2582). Alternatively, you can visit our website http://membership.glenelgfc.com.au/. If all else fails, we would love to help you out in person at the Club. Reception is open from 9 am - 5 pm, Monday to Friday. Please note that 2016 membership fulfillment will commence the first week of March.

The debt - what is it?
The Club incurred the debt when building the new function and bistro facilities many years ago. Whilst well intentioned at the time, a combination of hindsight and changed market conditions may well have brought about a different decision today. The bottom line is that business activity has not been sufficient to retire the debt. We can debate the merits of doing so at the time but two things remain:
• A debt level of $3m with consequent interest payments exceeding $220k pa
• An improved Council owned asset as all GFC buildings are on Council land. All who attend the Club enjoy a quality venue.
It is important for members to be informed that this matter is totally separate from day to day trading. It is not a build-up of creditors but an investment in bricks and mortar. We have a great partner in the City of Holdfast Bay and will continue transparent discussions with them going forward. The challenge is finding the solution, once done Glenelg will continue its proud 95 year history in 2016.

GFC - a worthwhile community member!
We do more than play senior football. Many more may be supportive if they knew that we:
• Expose 38,000 kids to football in conjunction with the SANFL Development Program
• Have 20,000 individual attendances through 4 weekly bingo sessions per annum
• Serve over 50,000 meals through the Glenelg Community Club
• Host over 8 schools for functions and sports days
• Along with Council and the Cricket Club, provide fantastic recreational areas on the oval for Glenelg Primary School

It is true, we have not won a premiership since 1985/86, but we do make a difference in the community!"
Ben W
Ben W

Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:39 pm

waddayamean wrote:
Lee wrote:W, you should try to get on a club Board.

You would soon be able to set them straight and generate new revenue streams where most club boards have failed.

Your expertise would be greatly appreciated.

Maybe West ?

Interested into knowing why you said I could " set them straight and generate new revenue streams ". I never suggested I could. This is what I mean by getting the right people on boards. Unfortunately some clubs don't diversify and rely on pokies as the answer. That is a very old mentality .

Sounds like I hit a nerve Lee .

Not really, W.

I don't really care what you think.

Play on.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sat Mar 12, 2016 11:44 pm

every Glenelg player has actually bought a membership rather than be given one because they represent the club
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W Mon Mar 14, 2016 11:12 pm

Have you got any mail Bayman on where things are at with pledges and the clubs current financial projections?
Ben W
Ben W

Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:21 pm

Ben W wrote:Have you got any mail Bayman on where things are at with pledges and the clubs current financial projections?

no idea whatsoever but i do know that people including past players have donated to the club
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:54 pm

Glenn has been inducted into the Saint Kilda football clubs Hall of Fame

congratulations Glenn Elliott
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by William Thu Apr 14, 2016 9:54 am

Congratulations to Glenn.

Is there an update on Glenelg's financial position, have things improved since earlier in the year, or since the season started?
William
William

My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2