Josh Glenn Doping Ban

4 posters

Go down

Josh Glenn Doping Ban Empty Josh Glenn Doping Ban

Post by Big Phil Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:43 am

SANFL MEDIA STATEMENT – JOSHUA GLENN

Norwood Football Club player Joshua Glenn has been issued a four-year ban for the presence of prohibited substances under the Australian Football Anti-Doping Code.

The analysis of a sample collected by the Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority (ASADA) on June 16, 2018, immediately following the Round 11 match between Norwood and Glenelg at Coopers Stadium, detected the presence of prohibited substances 19-Norandrosterone and 19-Noretiocholanolone (metabolites of Nandrolone, Norandostenedione or Norandrostenediol, types of ‘anabolic steroids’).
The detected substances are on the World Anti-Doping Code 2018 Prohibited List and prohibited at all times.

SANFL was advised by ASADA of the Adverse Analytical Finding on August 10, 2018. On that date, Glenn was issued with a provisional suspension, pending further analysis of samples and investigation by ASADA.

Glenn has acknowledged the violation and accepted the sanction, waiving his right to a hearing before the SANFL Anti-Doping Tribunal.
During this period of time, until the finalisation of the matter today, SANFL has been bound by strict confidentiality provisions prohibiting public disclosure of this matter.
The four-year ban has a commencement date of August 10, 2018, with Glenn eligible to return to football on August 10, 2022.

During this sanction period, Glenn, 25, is ineligible to participate in any capacity (as a player, coach or official) in any SANFL or AFL-recognised competition, including Community Football competitions, in any state or territory.

Glenn also is not permitted to be involved in any sport with a World Anti-Doping Agency compliant anti-doping policy during that period.

SANFL CEO Jake Parkinson said:

“SANFL has zero tolerance for prohibited drug use in its competitions. This sanction, the first to be imposed to a SANFL player for breach of the Anti-Doping Code, reinforces the League’s strong stance in maintaining fairness, safety and integrity on behalf of its participants.

SANFL provides extensive drug awareness and education, including presentations every year to all senior and Under 18s players at SANFL Clubs about their responsibility under the AFL Anti-Doping Code.”
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Josh Glenn Doping Ban Empty Re: Josh Glenn Doping Ban

Post by Flag No.10 Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:15 am

"the League’s strong stance in maintaining fairness, safety and integrity on behalf of its participants."

Except where it relates to having different salary caps for different clubs and having full-time professional footballers competing against part-timers.
Flag No.10

Teams : West Adelaide
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by oldfella Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:55 am

i feel the penalty is fair but I always am so sad to see god given gifts wasted
oldfella
oldfella

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:00 pm

Fair penalty. Josh has a very poor record off the field as well, hope he gets his act together or he may be playing for the Yatala firsts.
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down