Big Phil
bayman
The Emperor
Admin
10 posters

Go down

Glenelg v North at Glenelg, Sunday Empty Glenelg v North at Glenelg, Sunday

Post by Admin Sun May 27, 2012 11:23 am

Surely North couldn’t lose narrowly again in another brave, but fruitless, performance? But that’s the most likely result here at the Bay.

The stakes are high and it’s easy to make a good case for both teams, but the home ground advantage and a Glenelg team that’s surprised everyone should see them home here.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Glenelg v North at Glenelg, Sunday Empty Re: Glenelg v North at Glenelg, Sunday

Post by The Emperor Sun May 27, 2012 11:35 am

For us this season more then other years, home wins are a must, especially in an even competition.

Hopefully the result is the same as the one at prospect earlier this season.
The Emperor
The Emperor

My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun May 27, 2012 1:17 pm

well while we seem to have the wood over North this is a big danger game for us, any lack of concentration or effort & they'll makes us pay, both MAY_Z & myself saw Norths last game (v Central) & if they play like that we will have a huge challenge to get up, however i believe that we are as good as anyone in the competition barring Norwood & Central, mind you so is every other team ranked 3rd-9th. in this case as with other games this is another crucial 4 point game, yep i have belief that the boys will work hard enough to win
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Tue May 29, 2012 10:05 am

Recent Encounters between these 2
- Glenelg won the last 12 of 13 encounters

Recent @ Gliderol Stadium, Glenelg
- Glenelg won the last 7 encounters, North the previous 3
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Adelaide Hawk Wed May 30, 2012 3:20 pm

Glenelg got off to a great start to the year but their form has tapered a little of late, but Ty Allen is back which will steady the Tigers. North on their day can be as dangerous as anyone and I think they may just get over the line by a couple of goals.
Adelaide Hawk
Adelaide Hawk

Teams : Norwood, Hawthorn
My club : norwood

Back to top Go down

Post by Mongrel Punter Wed May 30, 2012 4:42 pm

This game should be a beauty. Glenelg have shown in their early games that they are not as bad as many predicted relying on their youth from successful under age teams. North also are a lot better than some of their games have shown - a big win against the Eagles and running Central to the wire. How much did Centrals dent Glenelg's confidence? How much did North take out of their close game against the same opponents? North will have Alleway back to provide a focus up forward, and hopefully the smooth moving Thring will be back in the midfield. North's defence held up well against the Dogs and Johnston provided an avenue to goals. Currie is settling into his role and showed flashes of brilliance against the Dogs in ground play. The week off for Jimmy Allan would have helped him recover from the usual bumps and grinds that he receives, and Backwell will be keen against his old club. I think the Roosters will be dying to atone for the humiliating loss against the Bays had at Prospect, and will want to prove to each other and their supporters that finals games are definitely on the agenda. If they play like they did against Central, they will win well. If they play like they did against Port, they'll get rolled. Roosters by 20 points.
Mongrel Punter
Mongrel Punter

My club : north

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Wed May 30, 2012 4:47 pm

Good wrap, MP. It shapes as a genuine 50/50 game to me.
Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Flag No.10 Thu May 31, 2012 8:19 pm

For Glenelg:

In: McIntyre, Snook, Gill, Proud
OUT: Shaw, Douglas, Logan
Flag No.10

Teams : West Adelaide

Back to top Go down

Post by Flag No.10 Thu May 31, 2012 8:20 pm

For North:

Into 22: Young, G.Thring, Alleway, Handby
OUT: Mayes, Moore, Stewart

Stewart may still play for North.
Flag No.10

Teams : West Adelaide

Back to top Go down

Post by StrayDog Thu May 31, 2012 9:16 pm

redandblack wrote:It shapes as a genuine 50/50 game to me.
Fair call I reckon.

I'll pick North, but can't see more than a goal in it either way.
StrayDog

My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Post by C.K Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:44 pm

Suspect that this will be one of a number of matches this season where the Magarey Medal votes have James Allan and James Bennett fighting it out for the first and second preference votes. Both players very dominant again today.
C.K
C.K

Back to top Go down

Glenelg v North at Glenelg, Sunday Empty REVIEW NA v G

Post by Mongrel Punter Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:54 pm

The game that promised so much gave back to the 3000 hopeful supporters a reward for attending under inclement conditions. It was a good game, and even my pet peeve, poor umpiring, did not have much impact on the game - a couple of doubtful decisions that did produce goals. North jumped out well to go to a 4 goal lead at quarter time and Glenelg produced a stellar 7 goal 2nd quarter to get within a goal. However, after that it was pretty well all North with 8 more goals to just 4. At one stage Glenelg did hit the front for about 30 seconds, but it was then that North stood up to be counted, and stand up they did. The defence stood firm again and is developing a structured wall to deter the opposition, with plenty of run coming from the attacking half back line. Highlights were Kriston Thompson's game where he mopped up almost everything that came along, Bennett's toughness around the packs, Gallman's team lifting bump shepherd to protect a ball carrier, Allan's duck and weave through the defenders to score a magic goal, Stewart's aerial dominance, Clisby and Kangur running off half back, and Young, Thiele and Ryswyk providing run through the lines and providing 6 goals between them. If North produce that type of performance on a regular basis, they will worry many teams, and may even scare Norwood next week.
Mongrel Punter
Mongrel Punter

My club : north

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down