Round 6: North v Glenelg - Sunday 1 May @ Prospect Oval

+2
bayman
Brucetiki
6 posters

Go down

Round 6: North v Glenelg - Sunday 1 May @ Prospect Oval Empty Round 6: North v Glenelg - Sunday 1 May @ Prospect Oval

Post by Brucetiki Tue Apr 26, 2016 7:46 pm

North (9th 1-3 42.91%) v Glenelg (7th 1-3 52.11%)
Sunday 1 May
Prospect Oval

Reserves: 11:25am
League: 2:10pm

Both sides haven't had the best of starts to the season, but at the same time have shown signs of improvement. Who will improve their record to 2-3 this week?

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Round 6: North v Glenelg - Sunday 1 May @ Prospect Oval Empty Re: Round 6: North v Glenelg - Sunday 1 May @ Prospect Oval

Post by bayman Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:44 pm

Bays by about 5 goals but it'll be tight for the first 3 & a bit quarters
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Round 6: North v Glenelg - Sunday 1 May @ Prospect Oval Empty Re: Round 6: North v Glenelg - Sunday 1 May @ Prospect Oval

Post by UncleHuey Fri Apr 29, 2016 12:42 pm

Bays should win this one by 20 - 30 points. Look to have too much pace for North
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by rocket_rooster Fri Apr 29, 2016 2:21 pm

UncleHuey wrote:Bays should win this one by 20 - 30 points. Look to have too much pace for North

I am bemused by that comment. North were much too quick for Norwood. Norwood beat Glenelg, yet Glenelg will be too quick for North. You may be right, but if You said too physically strong or too tall for North I think you would be closer to the mark.
rocket_rooster
rocket_rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Fri Apr 29, 2016 6:54 pm

I don't think North are without a chance here. If they are "up" being back at home, they can win. I'll go for the Tigers because I've seen them and liked what I saw. So Bays by a couple of guys, in what should be an open and entertaining game.
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Sun May 01, 2016 8:00 pm

Late in the last quarter
NA 16-8
GL 11-11

Someone in the crowd yelled out to James Sellar
" Adelaide United are up 2-0 at half time."

James Sellar, acknowledged the spectator
James has a capacity at the Adelaide United club
There was a whisper that he may have missed this match , as it clashed with the A League soccer  Grand Final

What seemed to be less than a minute later
The ball was kicked to a James Sellar and Alexander Barns contest
Barns took a strong mark and goaled
Not good for James , but a little while after a BIG consolation for him
Adelaide United won the GF 3-1

Roosters were dynamic in the first 3 quarters [14.6...6.9]
NA just kept getting the ball and keeping it
GL played a very good last quarter into the breeze

Barns 6 goals was impressive
Max Thring kept getting the ball
Spina played well

Final score
NA 17-8 [110]
GL 11-11[77]
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by rocket_rooster Tue May 03, 2016 9:39 pm

rocket_rooster wrote:
UncleHuey wrote:Bays should win this one by 20 - 30 points. Look to have too much pace for North

I am bemused by that comment. North were much too quick for Norwood. Norwood beat Glenelg, yet Glenelg will be too quick for North. You may be right, but if You said too physically strong or too tall for North I think you would be closer to the mark.
As I expected North easily matched Glenelg for pace. Also Barns has been a revelation this year. It is surprising that he didn't make the state squad especially compared with a number of North players who have been chosen.

It actually looked as though North and Glenelg had reverted to where they were at 2 years ago. North have got most of their players back who missed virtually all of last year with injury. As has been stated here previously one week last year North had 19 of their best 25 players out injured. Whether that was dreadful luck or poor coaching especially with respect to pre season training is a moot point.
rocket_rooster
rocket_rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down