Brucetiki
rocket_rooster
Scrappy
BloodnTars
William
blueandwhite
15 posters

Go down

Round 7: North v Adelaide - Sunday 8 May @ Prospect Oval Empty Round 7: North v Adelaide - Sunday 8 May @ Prospect Oval

Post by Brucetiki Mon May 02, 2016 7:29 pm

North (6th 2-3 46.12%) v Adelaide (2nd 4-1 59.95%)
Sunday 8 May
Prospect Oval

Reserves (North v Sturt) 10:25am
League: 1:10pm

North excited their home fans with a good win over Glenelg, while Adelaide faded out against a fast finishing South. Who will come away with the points this week?

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Round 7: North v Adelaide - Sunday 8 May @ Prospect Oval Empty Re: Round 7: North v Adelaide - Sunday 8 May @ Prospect Oval

Post by blueandwhite Tue May 03, 2016 9:47 pm

Crows by 40 pts.
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Teams : Naracoorte, Jamestown/Peterborough, Tipperary, HolyCross/Ballycahill GAA.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Round 7: North v Adelaide - Sunday 8 May @ Prospect Oval Empty Re: Round 7: North v Adelaide - Sunday 8 May @ Prospect Oval

Post by UncleHuey Wed May 04, 2016 12:56 pm

Crows should win by 4 goals
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by William Thu May 05, 2016 10:46 am

North have been good at home this year, but would expect Adelaide to win by about 6 goals.
William
William

My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney Thu May 05, 2016 1:16 pm

Adelaide by 34 points
Booney
Booney

Teams : Port Adelaide, Chicago White Sox
My club : port

Back to top Go down

Post by BloodnTars Fri May 06, 2016 4:16 pm

Adelaide by 8 goals. North will be with them for some time though.
BloodnTars
BloodnTars

Teams : West Adelaide, Adelaide Crows, Gepps Cross
My club : west

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Scrappy Sun May 08, 2016 8:02 pm

Greenwood had a set shot after the siren sounded in the last quarter
He scored a point
And because he scored a point :

PA 2-4....46.41%
NA 2-4....46.41%

AC will be rapt to get the 2 points
NA have beaten NW + GL easily at Prospect this season

Max Thring pulling a hamstring , might be one of the reasons why NA lost
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by rocket_rooster Sun May 08, 2016 8:11 pm

Scrappy wrote:Greenwood had a set shot after the siren sounded in the last quarter
He scored a point

PA 2-4....46.41%
NA 2-4....46.41%

Max Thring pulling  a hamstring , might be one of the reasons why NA lost

Thring was best on ground until he did his hammy. Huge loss.

All we heard on the TV was who wasn't playing for the Crows. No mention of the loss of Thring before half time and of Spina before three quarter time.

These things happen in games, but it would be nice to get a balanced commentary on TV instead of the Crows cheer leaders.

They even stated that it shouldn't have been a free to Bass last week.

The sooner the coverage gets back to the ABC the better.
rocket_rooster
rocket_rooster

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Mon May 09, 2016 12:05 am

I don't mind John Casey as a commentaror, but hearinh him say "goes to work" every time someone has a shot for goal gets a bit tiring.

And I mean EVERY time
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Brucetiki Mon May 09, 2016 9:18 am

rocket_rooster wrote:
Scrappy wrote:Greenwood had a set shot after the siren sounded in the last quarter
He scored a point

PA 2-4....46.41%
NA 2-4....46.41%

Max Thring pulling  a hamstring , might be one of the reasons why NA lost

Thring was best on ground until he did his hammy. Huge loss.

All we heard on the TV was who wasn't playing for the Crows. No mention of the loss of Thring before half time and of Spina before three quarter time.

These things happen in games, but it would be nice to get a balanced commentary on TV instead of the Crows cheer leaders.

They even stated that it shouldn't have been a free to Bass last week.

The sooner the coverage gets back to the ABC the better.

The 7 commentary made made numerous references to Thring doing his hamstring during the game.

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney Mon May 09, 2016 9:40 am

Lee wrote:I don't mind John Casey as a commentaror, but hearinh him say "goes to work" every time someone has a shot for goal gets a bit tiring.

And I mean EVERY time

He says this ad nauseam. It's more than irritating and someone needs to bring it to his attention.
Booney
Booney

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Mon May 09, 2016 10:14 am

Booney wrote:
Lee wrote:I don't mind John Casey as a commentaror, but hearinh him say "goes to work" every time someone has a shot for goal gets a bit tiring.

And I mean EVERY time

He says this ad nauseam. It's more than irritating and someone needs to bring it to his attention.

I saw some old NBL games on Fox the other week and John was calling...

He was saying then, and whilst it is probably more suitable for basketball, than it is footy, that is John's style...

It's like anything, I guess - old habits die hard...

Last edited by Big Phil on Mon May 09, 2016 11:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by MAC Game of the Week Mon May 09, 2016 10:24 am

Booney wrote:

And I mean EVERY time

There were 18 goals scored at Prospect yesterday. I called 7 of those and twice mentioned "goes to work" - so not EVERY time.

I review my work as a commentator after each game and am always looking for ways to improve. I'm open to constructive criticism but get your facts right.
MAC Game of the Week
MAC Game of the Week

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney Mon May 09, 2016 10:36 am

MAC Game of the Week wrote:
Booney wrote:

And I mean EVERY time

There were 18 goals scored at Prospect yesterday. I called 7 of those and twice mentioned "goes to work" - so not EVERY time.

I review my work as a commentator after each game and am always looking for ways to improve. I'm open to constructive criticism but get your facts right.

Nothing like starting off on the front foot.... Laughing

Booney
Booney

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Mon May 09, 2016 10:52 am

To be fair if that's correct, then fair enough for pointing it out and defending oneself.
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney Mon May 09, 2016 11:42 am

Scrunch wrote:To be fair if that's correct, then fair enough for pointing it out and defending oneself.

Well, it gave him an opportunity to go to work on the website at worst. Wink
Booney
Booney

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Mon May 09, 2016 12:45 pm

Courageous performance by North, unlucky not to walk away with the win.
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by spell_check Mon May 09, 2016 4:32 pm

I watched the second half, and I can't really remember "goes to work" being said, plus, I did hear a couple of times about Thring being off - they even had a camera shot of Thring with an ice pack.
spell_check
spell_check

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Tue May 10, 2016 6:28 am

My comment was before yesterday's game and was my feelings from a number of games, including last year's GF.

Happy to be corrected about 'every time', but even 7/18 is still a lot for the same expression and I'd say it has been often higher. I also think that's constructive criticism, as I prefaced it by saying I don't mind JC as a commentator.

Fine to have a trademark saying, but if 2 posters here think it's overdone, then perhaps they have a valid point?

How many times was it said when points were kicked or at other times?

Anyway, keep up the good work, John, it was pretty mild criticism by forum standards.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney Tue May 10, 2016 9:05 am

Lee wrote:My comment was before yesterday's game and was my feelings from a number of games, including last year's GF.

Happy to be corrected about 'every time', but even 7/18 is still a lot for the same expression and I'd say it has been often higher.  I also think that's constructive criticism, as I prefaced it by saying I don't mind JC as a commentator.

Fine to have a trademark saying, but if 2 posters here think it's overdone, then perhaps they have a valid point?

How many times was it said when points were kicked or at other times?

Anyway, keep up the good work, John, it was pretty mild criticism by forum standards.

Correct. The reply was pretty solid though, by forum standards. Wink
Booney
Booney

Back to top Go down

Post by Flag No.10 Tue May 10, 2016 12:59 pm

Could I add that commentators who say Daniel Caire "takes care/doesn't take care" or, worse, that John Noble delivers "a noble kick" should just try to call the game. Dennis Cometti they are not.
And the SANFL stream desperately needs some effects mikes (or, if they have them, better mixing) because it's a very sterile call that sounds like it could come from a studio miles from the ground.
Flag No.10

Teams : West Adelaide

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down