Southee
mickyj
Booney
UncleHuey
Brucetiki
18 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

2nd Semi Final: Eagles v West - Sunday 13 September 2015 @ Adelaide Oval - Page 2 Empty Re: 2nd Semi Final: Eagles v West - Sunday 13 September 2015 @ Adelaide Oval

Post by bayman Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:20 pm

EagleRock wrote:And your point Scrappy ?

i'd suggest the point Scrappy is saying, is two big key forwards & a class small crumber makes it easier for any team to win, i would have thought it obvious & not needed to be said but each to their own.................or they have all played for South as my young bloke just reminded me off

Last edited by bayman on Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

2nd Semi Final: Eagles v West - Sunday 13 September 2015 @ Adelaide Oval - Page 2 Empty Re: 2nd Semi Final: Eagles v West - Sunday 13 September 2015 @ Adelaide Oval

Post by IAmTheWarrior Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:25 pm

What a great effort from the Eagles to make it into the GF in all grades. Really disappointed to lose Rowntree today- any update on him?
IAmTheWarrior
IAmTheWarrior

Teams : Woodville (now WWT), Crows, Strathfieldsaye Storm and Sunshine Kangaroos
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:29 pm

IAmTheWarrior wrote:What a great effort from the Eagles to make it into the GF in all grades. Really disappointed to lose Rowntree today- any update on him?

he had an ice pack on his knee & walked upstairs from the oval with a small group of people, i'm presuming he was going off for scans, so hopefully he'll be ok, i'll stand corrected but i think he missed out on their premiership with an injury or illness in 2011 good luck to him & to Aaron Fielke as well
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:33 pm

Was Anderson Goal. Goal of the year. I was calling him Eddie Betts
Thiele
Thiele

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:54 pm

Thiele wrote:Was Anderson Goal. Goal of the year. I was calling him Eddie Betts

absolutely, great goal....it is the best goal i have seen at the Adelaide oval since Ben Hollands kicked an impossible one from deep in those old deep pockets many years ago, i'm not sure but think it may've been a state match
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by spell_check Sun Sep 13, 2015 8:59 pm

bayman wrote:
IAmTheWarrior wrote:What a great effort from the Eagles to make it into the GF in all grades. Really disappointed to lose Rowntree today- any update on him?

he had an ice pack on his knee & walked upstairs from the oval with a small group of people, i'm presuming he was going off for scans, so hopefully he'll be ok, i'll stand corrected but i think he missed out on their premiership with an injury or illness in 2011 good luck to him & to Aaron Fielke as well

Pneumonia.  I feel awful for him...it's just amazing how these things happen to certain players and not others.

Schwarz really stepped up after that loss with what I thought was his best match for the club.  We do have players like Appleton and Whittlesea to come back into the side to fill the gaps created today.

Last edited by spell_check on Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
spell_check
spell_check

Back to top Go down

Post by spell_check Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:01 pm

bayman wrote:
Thiele wrote:Was Anderson Goal. Goal of the year. I was calling him Eddie Betts

absolutely, great goal....it is the best goal i have seen at the Adelaide oval since Ben Hollands kicked an impossible one from deep in those old deep pockets many years ago, i'm not sure but think it may've been a state match

That's the goal I thought of too, 2001 it was. That was probably better because it was on the square pocket (but the same side of the ground)
spell_check
spell_check

Back to top Go down

Post by spell_check Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:10 pm

Once again though, it's those last quarters. Just like 2013 we pepper the goals and miss but this time West did the same in the last. No Thurlow yet again which meant Borholm won all but one hit out for the team and the totals had West doubling that stat.

Allmond as usual was infuriating everyone else with his low down approach to the ball. Ainger kicked goals at important stages and unfortunately couldn't cap off that mark in the last quarter with his 5th.

It's now a case of wait and see next week with the Under 18s to kick off our quest for flags in all grades.
spell_check
spell_check

Back to top Go down

Post by countrycousin Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:31 pm

spell_check wrote:Once again though, it's those last quarters.  Just like 2013 we pepper the goals and miss but this time West did the same in the last.  No Thurlow yet again which meant Borholm won all but one hit out for the team and the totals had West doubling that stat.

Allmond as usual was infuriating everyone else with his low down approach to the ball.  Ainger kicked goals at important stages and unfortunately couldn't cap off that mark in the last quarter with his 5th.

It's now a case of wait and see next week with the Under 18s to kick off our quest for flags in all grades.
Marc Borholm is a testament to having faith in oneself and never giving up. I remember him coming up through Sturt's junior grades and then struggling in the reserves, not quite able to crack a spot in the league side. West gave him an opportunity and for a while he looked set. But then once again he seemed to be relegated to the reserves. Now he's leading the ruck for WWT, in what may very well turn out to be a premiership. Well done young man, a good example to some other young players who seem to throw in the towel too easily.

Last edited by countrycousin on Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
countrycousin
countrycousin

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Post by spell_check Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:34 pm

countrycousin wrote:
spell_check wrote:Once again though, it's those last quarters.  Just like 2013 we pepper the goals and miss but this time West did the same in the last.  No Thurlow yet again which meant Borholm won all but one hit out for the team and the totals had West doubling that stat.

Allmond as usual was infuriating everyone else with his low down approach to the ball.  Ainger kicked goals at important stages and unfortunately couldn't cap off that mark in the last quarter with his 5th.

Marc Borholm is a testament to having faith in oneself and never giving up. I remember him coming up through Sturt's junior grades and then struggling in the reserves, not quite able to crack a spot in the league side. West gave him an opportunity and for a while he looked set. But then once again he seemed to be relegated to the reserves. Now he's leading the ruck for WWT, in what may very well turn out to be a premiership. Well done young man, a fine example to other young players.

He has a big workload each week but does put in a fine effort. I can't fault him. Is a good kick for goal too.
spell_check
spell_check

Back to top Go down

Post by firstblood Mon Sep 14, 2015 7:55 am

Listening to 102.3 news and sport this morning, they reported the Eagles have marched into the SANFL grand final by defeating the Panthers by 14 pts.. Smile
Bad luck Panthers, hope you do better against the doggies this week. Smile
firstblood
firstblood

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:50 am

The Eagles brought the game we all knew they would bring; consistent, well structured, high pressure and two good forwards. After an even first quarter, the Eagles pressure forced West out of their system and they looked a 5 or 6 goal better side than West.

There was a high attrition rate, with the Eagles losing Rowntree (hope his knee isn't another major injury) and Poole, while West lost Fielke and Hill to major concussions.

When West got within less than 2 goals in the last quarter, they were a big chance, but missing shots at goal and a couple of turnovers cost them the game.

Pretty good effort by the Bloods to outscore the Eagles 3.7 to 1.3 in the last quarter, but the Eagles were consistently the better side.

The positives for West were the form of two of its 18yo's, Will Snelling and Hugh Haysman and the return of Daniel Webb (2 goals).

Aaron Anderson kicked Goal of the Year and West's positional changes in the last quarter worked well.

Losing isn't good enough, though and the test for the Bloods will be to show resilience and toughness.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:54 am

The Hatchet wrote:good that the Sunday mail and Advertiser have done previews of the matches at least, can't find much anywhere else

Fair bit of coverage here - http://footetimes.com/
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite Mon Sep 14, 2015 11:55 am

Went to the game , dragged along by wife who has emerged from the woodwork, dusted off her scarf and is once again a passionate bloods supporter.
Interesting watching a game as a casual observer..It was very difficult. I guess i was leaning westies way for the sake of some harmony on the home front, but I really do despise the eagles so it wasnt a difficult choice.
I thought West were good in the first quarter but WWT won the game through the second and 3rd quarters when they really got on top. Westies came home with a wet sail and if not for some poor kicking at goal could of snatched it. WWTs smalls in McGregor and Boyd were dangerous and Wundke and Ainger bobbbed up at critical times to get them over the line.
Westies will need to show the same desperation for the full 100mins to get past the dogs this week,nothing less.
After perusing the budget though I did note the number of recruits that WWT have in their league side from other clubs, its phenomenal. Mcgregor, Lewis, Borholm, Wundke, Ainger and Boyd are all quality players . Adding to that this year have been AFL players Petrenko and Thompson....must have serious amount of cash at Oval Ave. Rolling Eyes Shocked
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Teams : Naracoorte, Jamestown/Peterborough, Tipperary, HolyCross/Ballycahill GAA.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2