firstblood
blueandwhite
Paul
merrick1
Admin
21 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Qualifying Final - Port v West Adelaide - Page 2 Empty Re: Qualifying Final - Port v West Adelaide

Post by PhilH Sat Sep 05, 2015 3:22 pm

FOOT-e TIMES PREVIEW is up

http://footetimes.com/qualifying-final-preview-port-v-west/
PhilH
PhilH

Teams : Eagles, Adelaide Bite, Green Bay Packers, Milwaukee Brewers
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Qualifying Final - Port v West Adelaide - Page 2 Empty Re: Qualifying Final - Port v West Adelaide

Post by Big Phil Sun Sep 06, 2015 5:35 pm

Crowd for both games - 8,031
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Southee Sun Sep 06, 2015 6:26 pm

Big Phil wrote:Crowd for both games - 8,031

If that is not a message to the SANFL I don't know what is !!???

Bring on the excuses !!

Well done Westies !!
Southee
Southee

My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Sep 06, 2015 7:05 pm

Southee wrote:
Big Phil wrote:Crowd for both games - 8,031

If that is not a message to the SANFL I don't know what is !!???

Bring on the excuses !!

Well done Westies !!

especially when they had Port & Norwood playing

Westies' made Port look very ordinary after the first break, i'm not convinced that they can handle contested footy given when they play AFL footy it is all about zoning etc

could Port go out in straight sets ?

today was the coldest day i've spent at the footy, it was colder than a night game at Noarlunga Shocked
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Sun Sep 06, 2015 7:27 pm

Was that the iconic West Adelaide man Thiele in the crowd today in the forward pocket area near the fence ?
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele Sun Sep 06, 2015 7:41 pm

Scrappy wrote:Was that the iconic West Adelaide man Thiele in the crowd today in the forward pocket area near the fence ?
Yes it was
Thiele
Thiele

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Sep 06, 2015 7:45 pm

Thiele wrote:
Scrappy wrote:Was that the iconic West Adelaide man Thiele in the crowd today in the forward pocket area near the fence ?
Yes it was

he was supplying the fluids for everyone (except me) including the 7-mate cameraman in that pocket
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele Sun Sep 06, 2015 8:00 pm

bayman wrote:
Thiele wrote:
Yes it was

he was supplying the fluids for everyone (except me) including the 7-mate cameraman in that pocket
I was told by FB to give him one.
Thiele
Thiele

Back to top Go down

Post by mr o Sun Sep 06, 2015 8:12 pm

This is not about excusses like I have been reading from some westie supporters, this is about coming up to a certain standard of football that the AFL sides in the sanfl command, the standed of the sanfl can only get better if we strive to get there, TODAY, WE GOT THERE, well done westies, one more game and were in
mr o
mr o

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W Sun Sep 06, 2015 8:26 pm

Congratulations to Westies and their fans today, well done!
Ben W
Ben W

Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele Sun Sep 06, 2015 8:26 pm

Had a scary moment after the game. The rooms were locked. Channel 7 couldn't get into the rooms. Lucky one of the Adelaide oval staff were there to open the rooms
Thiele
Thiele

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Sun Sep 06, 2015 10:39 pm

Indeed, well done to West. A big turn around in a week.
If Central can see off Port next week, then I am happy we will see a proper finish to the finals.
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Mon Sep 07, 2015 12:01 am

Mark Mickan has a team that can translate exciting minor round form into major round victory
Did a great job with Glenelg , until finals
Must be a relief for him

Fantastic to watch Westies new style of football
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Mon Sep 07, 2015 6:24 pm

Scrappy wrote:Mark Mickan has a team that can translate exciting minor round form into major round victory
Did a great job with Glenelg , until finals
Must be a relief for him

Fantastic to watch Westies new style of football

funny you should say that because i got a text today from a West supporter who moonlights as a trotting driver from time to time & my answer was at times we (Glenelg) got beaten by better teams & other times it was poor execution in front of goal that cost us finals matches, nothing to do with his coaching & he out coached ''Whiskers'' by a long long way
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Flag No.10 Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:22 pm

A fairly extraordinary thing happened pre-game on the oval. Port were practising centre square tactics and the umpires were helping out by bouncing the ball for them. I've never seen anything like this before.
I think this week West should say to the umpires that we'd like all our players to have some goal kicking practice, and would the umpires mind fetching the balls back for them.
Flag No.10

Teams : West Adelaide

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:37 pm

Flag No.9 wrote:A fairly extraordinary thing happened pre-game on the oval. Port were practising centre square tactics and the umpires were helping out by bouncing the ball for them. I've never seen anything like this before.
I think this week West should say to the umpires that we'd like all our players to have some goal kicking practice, and would the umpires mind fetching the balls back for them.

Feel free to get ex-Glenelg, Port and Montmorency ruckman Willits to ask the umpires to do the same, I'm sure they'll be very obliging. They have been at pretty much every SANFL game this year. Gives them some proper warm up before the game too. I think they quite like the feedback from the ruckman on the bounce height etc.

I also noticed Port's water boys/girls were carrying half empty bottles in the field. Is this some sort of ploy to get them on and off the field quicker? Carrying less weight in their bottles...they'll do anything to get an advantage.
Booney
Booney

Teams : Port Adelaide, Chicago White Sox
My club : port

Back to top Go down

Post by Flag No.10 Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:19 pm

I'm sure the umpires love the feedback from Redden on what sort of height he'd prefer from the bounce.
I'm not concerned about the bottles being half-empty - I'm a bottle half-full type anyway. But it'd be nice if your runner occasionally just ran onto the ground, delivered a message and left again instead of walking around coaching like he was in the middle of a training session.
Flag No.10

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:29 pm

Hahahaha...I'd say watch all the runners mate, they all spend far too long out there. I tell you what, when a runner decides the outcome of a game I'll start gently sobbing too.
Booney
Booney

Back to top Go down

Post by Flag No.10 Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:43 pm

Well the longer they're out there the more likely it is that they will. I would have thought the phalanx of official coaches your club already has would have been enough anyway.
Flag No.10

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney Tue Sep 08, 2015 4:08 pm

Our coaches are working in a military like formation? Shocked Laughing

Must feel good to be this chirpy in September for a change, yes?
Booney
Booney

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:45 pm

Booney wrote:
Flag No.9 wrote:A fairly extraordinary thing happened pre-game on the oval. Port were practising centre square tactics and the umpires were helping out by bouncing the ball for them. I've never seen anything like this before.

Feel free to get ex-Glenelg, Port and Montmorency ruckman Willits to ask the umpires to do the same, I'm sure they'll be very obliging. They have been at pretty much every SANFL game this year. Gives them some proper warm up before the game too. I think they quite like the feedback from the ruckman on the bounce height etc.

I also noticed Port's water boys/girls were carrying half empty bottles in the field. Is this some sort of ploy to get them on and off the field quicker? Carrying less weight in their bottles...they'll do anything to get an advantage.

this pre game warm up including the umpires has been happening for a couple of years, i'll stand corrected but i don't think Power reserves are the only ones to have done this, either way who cares whether an umpire, an assistant coach or a trainer throws the ball up....as for water bottles etc c'mon Mr. Booney give me a break you can do better than that
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Flag No.10 Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:47 am

bayman, in my view, umpires assisting one team only in their pre-game preparations is not a good look.
Flag No.10

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:59 am

Ask and ye shall receive.
Booney
Booney

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Wed Sep 09, 2015 1:25 pm

Flag No.9 wrote:bayman, in my view, umpires assisting one team only in their pre-game preparations is not a good look.

I remember seeing Craig Parry get a few warm ups over the years. Perhaps the umps were afraid to say no Shocked
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney Wed Sep 09, 2015 1:27 pm

UncleHuey wrote:
Flag No.9 wrote:bayman, in my view, umpires assisting one team only in their pre-game preparations is not a good look.

I remember seeing Craig Parry get a few warm ups over the years. Perhaps the umps were afraid to say no Shocked

Was that when he was at Port, South or the Eagles?
Booney
Booney

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next