firstblood
blueandwhite
Paul
merrick1
Admin
21 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Qualifying Final - Port v West Adelaide Empty Qualifying Final - Port v West Adelaide

Post by Admin Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:39 pm

Sunday 3.10pm

Telecast: 7Mate

Will the Magpies move into the second semi final, or can West draw first blood in the finals?
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Qualifying Final - Port v West Adelaide Empty Re: Qualifying Final - Port v West Adelaide

Post by Big Phil Mon Aug 31, 2015 7:58 pm

107.9 LifeFM will be broadcasting this game, as a part of the double-header, from 11:30am on Sunday...
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Qualifying Final - Port v West Adelaide Empty Re: Qualifying Final - Port v West Adelaide

Post by bayman Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:17 pm

it'll be a lot lot closer than yesterday, in fact i think Westies' would have learned a lot yesterday & might get up by 7 points
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by merrick1 Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:41 pm

Not with 19 listed AFL players in ports side its a joke, was thinking of going but SANFL needs to take a long hard look at its self.
merrick1
merrick1

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:29 pm

Clubs and their supporters need to forget the AFL listed quota, and treat them the same as any other opposition. Norwood showed last season it can be done, and West and the Eagles are good enough if they play to their capabilities.
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Tue Sep 01, 2015 6:44 pm

Yes, that's the reality of what we have.

I'll back the Bloods to beat Port on Sunday.
Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Bundy Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:21 pm

Scrunch wrote:Clubs and their supporters need to forget the AFL listed quota, and treat them the same as any other opposition. Norwood showed last season it can be done, and West and the Eagles are good enough if they play to their capabilities.

I agree and we should scrap the salary cap now that we have 2 teams that don't have one.
Bundy
Bundy

Back to top Go down

Post by Southee Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:09 pm

merrick1 wrote:Not with 19 listed AFL players in ports side its a joke, was thinking of going but SANFL needs to take a long hard look at its self.

Yeah I was thinking of going too but I am not.  This is just absolutely farcical.  I cant take it seriously.
Southee
Southee

My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:20 pm

West will win. By 26
Paul
Paul

Teams : Sturt, Adelaide, South Whyalla, Tottenham, Celtic, Adelaide Thunderbirds, 36'ers, Adelaide United, Redbacks, Adelaide Bite, Adelaide Lightning, Dallas Mavericks
My club : sturt

http://funjoint.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:35 pm

someone asked me today if ''the village'' was going to be open, it had to be explained to me what it was all about & i answered i don't know but wouldn't think so, so will ''the village'' be open on Sunday ?
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W Wed Sep 02, 2015 11:37 pm

As much as I want West Adelaide to win it, I think they will get thrashed, Port by 48pts.
Ben W
Ben W

Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:52 am

If Port beat West by 48 points, an AFL Reserves team will go top.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:15 am

If I had to gamble money on who might win the Grand Final this year I would put it on Port Adelaide...
Ben W
Ben W

Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Thu Sep 03, 2015 3:34 pm

can't wait.

A developing team that can beat anyone at its best, against a well drilled, talented outfit of proven players and developing talent.

A West team that has played some scarily good footy, against a solid Port combination.

Last week, Port were too good, but West hung in for most of the game. They add Hartlett, Fielke and Snelling probably, which gives them extra strength through the midfield, up forward and in the key defensive post. It's unlikely Mitchell and Summerton will be allowed the freedom they had last week, but Port will no doubt have a better match-up for Green and also try to cut down the influence of Schmidt and Porplyzia.

Port were terrific in spreading quickly out of defence and West will have to improve in covering this. Redden was too big in the ruck and gave his on-ballers first look often.

Port have the advantage of having trained consistently at Adelaide Oval, against West's one use this week, but that shouldn't mean much.

I think the result will depnd on whether West will be able to play their best attacking style, or whether Port will be just too good.

Should be a great game.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite Fri Sep 04, 2015 8:17 am

Cant tell you how much it would gladden my heart to see West win ,and win well.
Sadly it wont happen though, Port will win by a big margin; and continue what is now a farcical, compromised, competition.
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Teams : Naracoorte, Jamestown/Peterborough, Tipperary, HolyCross/Ballycahill GAA.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bundy Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:30 am

blueandwhite wrote:Cant tell you how much it would gladden my heart to see West win ,and win well.
Sadly it wont happen though, Port will win by a big margin; and continue what is now a farcical, compromised, competition.

Agree.Salary cap wise.
Bundy
Bundy

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:33 am

How many afl players will Port field?
It doesn't appear that they have loaded up the side making only 2 changes to the Power.
So hopefully a decent contest can result.
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Post by firstblood Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:52 am

Port Adelaide team for Sunday.

F: Moore, Harvey, Sharrad
HF: Russell, Reynolds, Colquhoun
C: T. Gray, Summerton, Mitchell
HB: Byrne-Jones, Masters, Stewart
B: Howard, Clurey, Logan

R: Redden, Palmer, Sawford
INT: R. Young, Biemans, Davidson, Haarsma, Shaw

IN: R. Young, Biemans, Haarsma
OUT: Wagner (shin)
firstblood
firstblood

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:09 am

I don't reckon that Port team is as imposing as other's we've seen from them in recent times. Last years had Young, S. Gray, Krakeour, Stevenson, Newton, Amon, Butcher and maybe Ah Chee).

So, I'm going to go for Westies in this one. Think they have a bit more firepower, a strong midfield, and solid defence. Bloods by 19 points for me.
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by BloodnTars Fri Sep 04, 2015 5:44 pm

Reckon we are a massive chance this week. Port side doesn't look overly strong. While we didn't win last week I think we learnt alot about the way port plays and their strength and weaknesses.

Expect Haysman and Homburg to drop out for the bloods. Webb and Willits to the majority of the ruck work with Hardy playing majority forward or dropping back into defence if need be. Snelling to run with Summerton. Not sure who to run with Mitchell.

Bloods by 18 points.
BloodnTars
BloodnTars

Teams : West Adelaide, Adelaide Crows, Gepps Cross

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Fri Sep 04, 2015 8:52 pm

BloodnTars wrote:Reckon we are a massive chance this week. Port side doesn't look overly strong. While we  didn't win last week I think we learnt alot about the way port plays and their strength and weaknesses.

Expect Haysman and Homburg to drop out for the bloods. Webb and Willits to the majority of the ruck work with Hardy playing majority forward or dropping back into defence if need be. Snelling to run with Summerton. Not sure who to run with Mitchell.

Bloods by 18 points.

''run with'' players, i reckon forget that just get the ball & make them run after you (i know easier said than done)
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Sat Sep 05, 2015 1:36 am

Lee wrote:can't wait.

A developing team that can beat anyone at its best, against a well drilled, talented outfit of proven players and developing talent.

A West team that has played some scarily good footy, against a solid Port combination.

Last week, Port were too good, but West hung in for most of the game.  They add Hartlett, Fielke and Snelling probably, which gives them extra strength through the midfield, up forward and in the key defensive post.  It's unlikely Mitchell and Summerton will be allowed the freedom they had last week, but Port will no doubt have a better match-up for Green and also try to cut down the influence of Schmidt and Porplyzia.

Port were terrific in spreading quickly out of defence and West will have to improve in covering this.  Redden was too big in the ruck and gave his on-ballers first look often.

Port have the advantage of having trained consistently at Adelaide Oval, against West's one use this week, but that shouldn't mean much.

I think the result will depnd on whether West will be able to play their best attacking style, or whether Port will be just too good.

Should be a great game.

Interesting point raised about the venue
This is an almost home ground advantage for Port Adelaide being at Adelaide Oval
Most of the Port Reserves players have played finals last year at AO
Players who have played for the Power have played the ground often
That surely gives Port Reserves players an advantage over the West players

How many West players have played on Adelaide Oval ?
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Sat Sep 05, 2015 11:43 am

West played a Foxtel Cup game there last year, but hardly any of the current team would have played.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Bundy Sat Sep 05, 2015 11:48 am

Farcical really.
Bundy
Bundy

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sat Sep 05, 2015 12:17 pm

I believe West can win, but there can be no let up, they must play for the entire four quarters
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next