Round 19: Glenelg v Adelaide - Saturday 29 August @ Gliderol Stadium

+4
UncleHuey
Scrunch
Ben W
Brucetiki
8 posters

Go down

Round 19: Glenelg v Adelaide - Saturday 29 August @ Gliderol Stadium Empty Round 19: Glenelg v Adelaide - Saturday 29 August @ Gliderol Stadium

Post by Brucetiki Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:49 pm

Glenelg faded away against Centrals, while Adelaide had a thumping win over Sturt. Who will finish their season with a win?

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Round 19: Glenelg v Adelaide - Saturday 29 August @ Gliderol Stadium Empty Re: Round 19: Glenelg v Adelaide - Saturday 29 August @ Gliderol Stadium

Post by Ben W Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:05 am

I just cant see Glenelg going with Adelaide for the four quarters, Adelaide Crows by 36pts.
Ben W
Ben W

Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Round 19: Glenelg v Adelaide - Saturday 29 August @ Gliderol Stadium Empty Re: Round 19: Glenelg v Adelaide - Saturday 29 August @ Gliderol Stadium

Post by bayman Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:06 pm

we'll get smashed unless they rest a few blokes,the J-POD V Agnew will look like David V Goliath & i can't see David winning this time, i think Adelaide will win by well over 10 goals, i'm hoping Alleway can do enough to win the Ken Farmer medal, J-POD could kick 10 or 11 goals this week & pinch it of Alleway &/or Eddy for that matter
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:23 pm

Crows by 6 goals
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:47 pm

If we play against the Crows like we did against Port we are a chance if we don't run out of legs in the last quarter. If we serve up the poo like we did against Centrals last week we will get smashed.
I'm hoping for the former but am anticipating the latter.
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Fri Aug 28, 2015 1:10 am

Adelaide by 22
Paul
Paul

Teams : Sturt, Adelaide, South Whyalla, Tottenham, Celtic, Adelaide Thunderbirds, 36'ers, Adelaide United, Redbacks, Adelaide Bite, Adelaide Lightning, Dallas Mavericks
My club : sturt

http://funjoint.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by spell_check Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:26 pm

Here's a stat:
The 54.14% for Adelaide is not only the highest end of season percentage for a 7th placed finish (was 53.05% by Central in 1981), but it also beats the highest percentage for 6th position (53.56% by Glenelg in 2006)
Plus, the final AFL listed players per match is this:
Round 19: Glenelg v Adelaide - Saturday 29 August @ Gliderol Stadium Afl_li10
spell_check
spell_check

Back to top Go down

Post by the prowler Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:35 pm

bayman wrote:we'll get smashed unless they rest a few blokes,the J-POD V Agnew will look like David V Goliath & i can't see David winning this time, i think Adelaide will win by well over 10 goals, i'm  hoping Alleway can do enough to win the Ken Farmer medal, J-POD could kick 10 or 11 goals this week & pinch it of Alleway &/or Eddy for that matter

A future Nostradamus?
the prowler
the prowler

Teams : South,Crows, Hectorville

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:55 pm

the prowler wrote:
bayman wrote:we'll get smashed unless they rest a few blokes,the J-POD V Agnew will look like David V Goliath & i can't see David winning this time, i think Adelaide will win by well over 10 goals, i'm  hoping Alleway can do enough to win the Ken Farmer medal, J-POD could kick 10 or 11 goals this week & pinch it of Alleway &/or Eddy for that matter

A future Nostradamus?

no mate just realistic, i thought when McGinty went onto him after half time he did quite well considering how many times & how well the ball was delivered
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:55 pm

while it is a very very long shot if Fielke or Green have a big day out they could pinch the Ken Farmer medal on the last day of the home & away season tomorrow, i think we tried hard all game but was no match for the bigger bodied professionals, we basically struggled all night to get it forward with any fluent movement & when a turnover happened they had an open forward line & moved the ball with ease, i thought the umpiring tonight was ordinary i'd suggest 98% of the 50/50 frees went Adelaides' way & perhaps some umpires are in awe of their ''heroes''.....can someone who was on the grandstand side tonight tell me why the Clint Alleways' chase & tackle on the half forward flank (northern end) wasn't rewarded as from the outer it looked like the ball was incorrectly disposed of, the umpire was on the other side so that's why i ask the question, interesting body language in the second half by both full forwards, when the ball was up the other end if that player missed there was a little fist pump & if he kicked a goal there was a clap in annoyance (if that's the right word) which is good to see it meant something to the both of them, as for the whole game well yep it looked like men v boys, the J-POD master class was brilliant & when Wazza went onto him after the long break he did well considering how many times it went up there...............................

OH & one other thing about the umpires, just throw the bloody thing up ffs

Last edited by bayman on Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by the prowler Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:12 pm

Have to agree Bayman, when Adelaide has an almost full squad to chose from they are bloody awesome and show the difference how the full timers have pushed the other teams aside with strength and fitness.

Cannot help you with the Alleway chase, umpires have a bad habit of not rewarding the tackler on many occasions, look at it this way, all the crappy umpires will have done their last match for 2015, that has to be a good thing.
the prowler
the prowler

Teams : South,Crows, Hectorville

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down