Paul
UncleHuey
Bundy
bayman
Lee
Brucetiki
12 posters

Go down

Round 15: Glenelg v West - Saturday 2 August @ Gliderol Stadium Empty Round 15: Glenelg v West - Saturday 2 August @ Gliderol Stadium

Post by Brucetiki Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:23 pm

Glenelg v West

Saturday 2 August
Gliderol Stadium

Reserves: 1:00pm
League: 6:30pm

Last Week
Glenelg 5.8.38 lost to North 12.8.80 @ Prospect Oval
West 9.9.63 d Sturt 8.11.59 @ City Mazda Stadium

Last Time They Met
West 21.23.149 d Glenelg 8.3.51 @ City Mazda Stadium

Ladder Position
Glenelg 10th 2-12 35.65%
West 7th 6-8 46.93%

Glenelg had another ordinary result while West caused a bit of a shock with a win over Sturt. Will this be another big loss for Glenelg?

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Round 15: Glenelg v West - Saturday 2 August @ Gliderol Stadium Empty Re: Round 15: Glenelg v West - Saturday 2 August @ Gliderol Stadium

Post by Lee Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:50 pm

The Bays were competitive with West after the first quarter, but it's hard to assess that.

A lot will depend on the availability of Lonergan, Thorp, Hender, Hooper and others for the Bays.

West's away form is terrible, but their recent overall form is good.

Danger game for West, a must win for Glenelg.
Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Round 15: Glenelg v West - Saturday 2 August @ Gliderol Stadium Empty Re: Round 15: Glenelg v West - Saturday 2 August @ Gliderol Stadium

Post by bayman Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:06 pm

Hender doubtful, Hooper been playing reserves, the other two i don't know, bays might just pull this out of the bag & career away to a one point win
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Bundy Tue Jul 29, 2014 9:27 am

redandblack wrote:The Bays were competitive with West after the first quarter, but it's hard to assess that.

A lot will depend on the availability of Lonergan, Thorp, Hender, Hooper and others for the Bays.

West's away form is terrible, but their recent overall form is good.

Danger game for West, a must win for Glenelg.

The bays 21pts
Bundy
Bundy

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:05 pm

If the Bays can avoid giving the opposition a 6 goal first quarter again they may win.
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:05 pm

bayman wrote:Hender doubtful, Hooper been playing reserves, the other two i don't know, bays   might just pull this out of the bag & career away to a one point win

Thorp is fit but unlikely to play this week, because of family reasons (sick baby i'm led to believe)

i've spoken to three players today, they had a light run (20 minutes) then a discussion last night & they've all said they think we can win & feeling like they've been in control for large periods of the last two matches, (looked like that too) the starts were the main objective of the meeting
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:42 pm

Glenelg by 6 points
Paul
Paul

Teams : Sturt, Adelaide, South Whyalla, Tottenham, Celtic, Adelaide Thunderbirds, 36'ers, Adelaide United, Redbacks, Adelaide Bite, Adelaide Lightning, Dallas Mavericks
My club : sturt

http://funjoint.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:35 pm

Westies to grind out a win, West by 14pts.
Ben W
Ben W

Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:33 am

Cant remember wishing Glenelg the best of luck in a game ,ever.

But I will hope they come out winners in this one, and do their southern neighbours a big favour for a change.

Go Tiges!!....did I just say that..?? Shocked Shocked Shocked
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Teams : Naracoorte, Jamestown/Peterborough, Tipperary, HolyCross/Ballycahill GAA.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:45 pm

blueandwhite wrote:Cant remember wishing Glenelg the best of luck in a game ,ever.

But I will hope they come out winners in this one, and do their southern neighbours a big favour for a change.

WTF did you just say B&W?????????????????????  Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil 
Ben W
Ben W

Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.

Back to top Go down

Post by testy Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:16 pm

The Bloods
testy
testy

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:51 pm

Ben W wrote:
blueandwhite wrote:Cant remember wishing Glenelg the best of luck in a game ,ever.

WTF did you just say B&W?????????????????????  Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil 

I know i know...! just recovered from washing my mouth out with soap..!

but if the Tigers can find some way to win this one it will help us....a lot! Neutral 
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Teams : Naracoorte, Jamestown/Peterborough, Tipperary, HolyCross/Ballycahill GAA.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:26 pm

This is a game West should really win comfortably. They're getting closer to having their best side on the park, perhaps minus MacReadie, Hartlett and Ezard and they're coming off wins against Port and Sturt at home.

The only problem for them is their form away from home.

I'd be disappointed if they didn't win this by at least 4 goals.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Sat Aug 02, 2014 7:11 am

redandblack wrote:They're (West) getting closer to having their best side on the park, perhaps minus MacReadie, Hartlett and Ezard...
Don't rate your new recruit from the Bulldogs, redandblack? Wink
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:55 am

Yes, I think he'll come back to bite you next year, BP, but as I said earlier, you were right about him this year and I was wrong.

Pity for Justin, but hopefully he'll get over his injury soon.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:43 pm

bays have shortened from $5.00 into $4.00 on the tattstab since opening up yesterday, someone besides me believes an upset is on the cards because i haven't had a bet big enough to shorten us that much, i hope they are right  Very Happy 
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:35 pm

result

Glenelg 7.4.46   8.7.55  11.9.75  13.9.87

West    4.1.25  5.3.33  8.5.53    12.7.79

while never headed West never gave up & were valiant in defeat, the most amazing thing happened in the second quarter (unless my eyes deceived me) Hooper had a shot at goal & the goal umpire signalled touched on the goal line, West moved the ball quickly & got it to the wing on the outer side when the ball was called back as the score was changed to a goal  Shocked i have no idea what, why or how this happened so hopefully someone will know what exactly happened, i can only assume that the umpires were in discussion but if that is right why would they let West kick out before the discussion had finished, back to the game i thought Joseph, Snook, Jolly & Hooper were some of our better players in a ''all played well'' match, Westies were in a bit of trouble when Webb went down early on in the match & to be fair i thought we got most of the 50/50 decisions on the night, life is great again
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by the prowler Sat Aug 02, 2014 11:04 pm

bayman wrote: life is great again

It cannot get any better this weekend, or can it?
the prowler
the prowler

Teams : South,Crows, Hectorville

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Sat Aug 02, 2014 11:26 pm

Agree with all you've written, Bayman. We've seen a lot of football between us and I've never seen anything like the 'goal' decision that was changed after the all clear and four further disposals.  I think the boundary umpire over-ruled the goal umpire, but it was a shambles.

I also agree that Westies had no luck at all with the umps, even to the end when they failed to pay a mark to Fielke near goal.

In the end, though, West were their own worst enemy, giving away several goals through undisciplined acts.

Glenelg were up and about all night and deserved to win, while West played in patches.

For West, Jonno Beech confirmed my assessment thst he is one of the very best players in the SANFL with a brave performance, Michael Still kicked 4 goals -if he'd played most of the season we would have won more often and Aaron Fielke also kicked 4.

So West's season is all but over and they need to do a bit of soul searching to go forward.

Last edited by redandblack on Sat Aug 02, 2014 11:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by blacky Sat Aug 02, 2014 11:29 pm

Lack of discipline
blacky
blacky

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Aug 03, 2014 11:00 am

with Glenelg being notorious slow starters recently, perhaps whoever pulled the wrong switch & turned the lights off proved to be a masterstroke of strategy in the end  Very Happy Razz 
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by testy Sun Aug 03, 2014 4:01 pm

Very poor sportsmanship to see two glenelg players target an injured west player leaving the ground in the first quarter last night.
As Daniel Webb was limping badly towards the bench he was bumped deliberately by to players from the opposition. Not really something to be proud of having a cheap shot at an injured player leaving the ground.
The Bays too good for the Bloods on the night.

testy
testy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down