+5
Flag No.10
Lee
Ben W
Paul
Brucetiki
9 posters

Go down

Round 13: West v Glenelg - Saturday 11 July @ City Mazda Stadium Empty Round 13: West v Glenelg - Saturday 11 July @ City Mazda Stadium

Post by Brucetiki Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:13 pm

A fast finish from West wasn't enough to overrun the Eagles, while a fast start from Glenelg was enough to get over Sturt.  Will West bounce back, or will Glenelg make it 3 wins in a row.

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Round 13: West v Glenelg - Saturday 11 July @ City Mazda Stadium Empty Re: Round 13: West v Glenelg - Saturday 11 July @ City Mazda Stadium

Post by bayman Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:44 pm

West is a different kettle of fish to Sturt, they'll beat us but the margin will be a lot closer than the last time they met, both teams will have players missing for various reasons so that evens out, West by 4 or 5 goals, yet hoping i'm wrong with the result
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Round 13: West v Glenelg - Saturday 11 July @ City Mazda Stadium Empty Re: Round 13: West v Glenelg - Saturday 11 July @ City Mazda Stadium

Post by Paul Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:28 pm

West by 137
Paul
Paul

Teams : Sturt, Adelaide, South Whyalla, Tottenham, Celtic, Adelaide Thunderbirds, 36'ers, Adelaide United, Redbacks, Adelaide Bite, Adelaide Lightning, Dallas Mavericks
My club : sturt

http://funjoint.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:19 am

Could be the match of the round with the Bays hitting their straps and finding some form, West by 8pts.
Ben W
Ben W

Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Fri Jul 10, 2015 12:35 pm

Wont be anything like the last time we played but I think westies by 3 goals
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Fri Jul 10, 2015 9:57 pm

who will the weather help ? Presuming the forecast is correct which it seems to be
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W Sun Jul 12, 2015 8:35 pm

West Adelaide 14:12 (96)
def
Glenelg 9:4 (58)

The first half of this match seemed quite a good contest, yet Glenelg seemed to slip back into their early seasons form for the second half.
Ben W
Ben W

Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Sun Jul 12, 2015 8:48 pm

I think Glenelg were pretty good most of the day. Certainly much improved from earlier in the season.

West got their game going in the last quarter and played some great footy. Kaine Stevens has developed into a top midfielder and kicked 4 goals.

As Kym Morgan said in his article, Jono Beech is well above SANFL standard. He's in the top few players in the SANFL.
Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Sun Jul 12, 2015 9:32 pm

Lee wrote:As Kym Morgan said in his article, Jono Beech is well above SANFL standard. He's in the top few players in the SANFL.
Agreed, although I don't think he has had as good a year, to date, this year as opposed to last season...

Obviously back to his best yesterday, with 4 goals, but hasn't seemed to have impacted as many games this year...

Still can't believe he hasn't been drafted, especially after last season. Hopefully he still gets a crack at the next level...
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:52 am

Fair comment, Phil, but I think he played a lone hand last year, whereas he has plenty of help this year.

I doubt there's a player with stronger hands in a marking contest.

Last edited by Lee on Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Flag No.10 Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:32 am

I would ask what position he would play in an AFL side? He couldn't play on ball for want of pace, he's not big enough to play a key position, and he's probably not quick enough to play as a small/medium forward.
Flag No.10

Teams : West Adelaide

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:09 am

Lee wrote:Fair comment, Phil, but I think he played a lone hand last year, whereas he has plenty of help this year.

I doubt there's a player with stronger hands in a marking contest.
Yes, I agree, on both points, Lee. Perhaps only Clint Alleway would rival him for contested marking ability in the SANFL...

Flag No.9 wrote:I would ask what position he would play in an AFL side? He couldn't play on ball for want of pace, he's not big enough to play a key position, and he's probably not quick enough to play as a small/medium forward.
Yeah, a fair point, actually, Flag No. 9 and obviously one of the reasons he wasn't selected onto an AFL list, in the end...

Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:31 pm

sadly for Jono, the AFL franchises are more interested in ''athletes'' than they are interested in ''footballers''
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by BloodnTars Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:38 pm

Happy with the win after we looked to be in a bit of trouble half way through the 3rd.

Interested to hear bays fans thoughts on Hender. Like Nick Amato at North, he always seems to do something stupid most weeks costing his side a goal or 2 which would be frustrating as a fan. I know North supporters have pretty much had a gutful of Amato. Is it the same with Hender at Glenelg. He has a lot of talent but his attitude seems poor at best, especially when things don't go his way.
BloodnTars
BloodnTars

Teams : West Adelaide, Adelaide Crows, Gepps Cross

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:38 pm

without going into details Lewis has had some personal issues to deal with, overall his attitude is great, even before these issues, he in matches he had 'brain fades' i think because he plays with his heart on his sleeve & tries his guts out, in fact Saturday just gone i think he tried too hard & was stiff not to be given a free during the last term which ultimately gave West 2 goals in a minute & quelled any chance we had at that stage
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by BloodnTars Wed Jul 15, 2015 10:28 am

Fair enough. Thanks Bayman.
BloodnTars
BloodnTars

Teams : West Adelaide, Adelaide Crows, Gepps Cross

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Wed Jul 15, 2015 1:31 pm

I think Hender is a bit of a "See ball, get ball" and do it at 100 mph type of player. When it comes off it can be electrifying when it doesn't it looks woeful.
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:04 am

It slipped my mind but i must thank the BBQ staff at Westies' the young fella bought a couple of steak sandwiches & as he walked off he got bumped & dropped the steak sandwiches, the BBQ staff said to him we won't give you two but we'll give you one, i think this was a fine gesture as it wasn't their fault what happened to him
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down