Round 15: West v Sturt - Saturday 29 July @ City Mazda Stadium

+2
Thiele
Brucetiki
6 posters

Go down

Round 15: West v Sturt - Saturday 29 July @ City Mazda Stadium Empty Round 15: West v Sturt - Saturday 29 July @ City Mazda Stadium

Post by Brucetiki Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:41 pm

West v Sturt
Saturday 29 July
City Mazda Stadium

Reserves: 10:30am
League: 1:10pm

Both sides are coming off great wins. Who will continue their winning form?

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Round 15: West v Sturt - Saturday 29 July @ City Mazda Stadium Empty Re: Round 15: West v Sturt - Saturday 29 July @ City Mazda Stadium

Post by bayman Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:52 pm

Sturt will win but it wont be easy, Sturt by 17 points
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Round 15: West v Sturt - Saturday 29 July @ City Mazda Stadium Empty Re: Round 15: West v Sturt - Saturday 29 July @ City Mazda Stadium

Post by scott Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:10 am

Really looking forward to this one. TV game as well. Should be a bruising encounter. The Sturt midfield in Riley, Kirkwood & Battersby are tough as nails, while Westies racked up a cricket score tackling effort on the weekend via Karpany (19 tackles) and Stevens.
scott
scott

My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:29 am

I think you'll find Riley won't play this week
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele Thu Jul 27, 2017 7:29 pm

West Adelaide will make at least once change for its contest against Sturt on Saturday.
Coming off an impressive win against South, the Bloods have included speedy Murray Waite, Jack Evans and Oliver Johnson in their 23-man squad.
All three have been named on the five-man extended interchange bench.
Premiership midfielder Hugh Haysman will be sidelined for at least 2-3 weeks by a finger injury.
League
F: Rankine, Pillion, Silverlock
HF: Turner, Middleton, Karpany
C: Batley, K. Stevens, Bates
HB: Agostino, Burgess, Wasley-Black
B: Caire, Wilson, Favretto

R: McPherson, Schiller, Fielke
INT: J. Stevens, O. Johnson, Noble, Waite, J. Evans
IN: Waite, J. Evans, O. Johnson
OUT: Haysman (finger)
Reserves
Head, Anderson, Smithson, Peter, Carger, L. Ryan, Dunkin, Iannucci, Heitmann, King, I. Johnson, Inglis, Majok, Holliday, Scott, Vassallo, Halkias, Fairlie, Lynch, Crump, L. Evans.
Under-18
Rugari, Nunan, Eichner, Fazzalari, Gutsche, Caruso, Baker, Walton, Boots, Jones, Milsom, Field, Tierney, Laube, Sinderberry, Smithson, Hocking, Wulff, Woolridge, Westley, Wright, Dunkin, Avery, Hannagan.
Thiele
Thiele

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sat Jul 29, 2017 6:54 am

Given the forecast winning the toss might be crucial
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sat Jul 29, 2017 1:20 pm

8 minutes in & Sturt lead 3 points to nil against the breeze, game all over for mine
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sat Jul 29, 2017 1:38 pm

0.3.3 a piece at the first break, won't be level at the main break
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Flag No.10 Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:07 pm

Let's see if the free kick count, currently substantially in West's favour, levels out magically in the 2nd half.
Flag No.10

Teams : West Adelaide

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sat Jul 29, 2017 7:37 pm

Just had a look, it was 17-15 in favour of Sturt, I thought the umpiring was fine & as always there is no rule to say the free kick count has to be equal, but they definitely even up any discrepancies, an umpiring at sanfl level mate is next to me at globe derby & he said the umpires definitely look at their phones at halftime but only for stats to help with magarey medal voting, I told him I doubt it
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Flag No.10 Sat Jul 29, 2017 9:19 pm

Just before half time it was West 11 frees to Sturt 4. End of game it's West 16 frees to Sturt 17. It's so predictable.
Flag No.10

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by bayman Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:50 pm

I don't care whether you believe it or not but I am not a liar & only posted what I was told by someone who has spent many many games in the umpiring change rooms, I'll add that he has been close with the magarey medal winner most years...just to tease a player may win it or at least be in front from a club not in the top 4 or 5 sides at this stage of the year & I believe my friend that is in the rooms actually watching & listening
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Jul 30, 2017 12:13 am

I never ever said it was rigged DO NOT PUT WORDS IN MY MOUTH, just saying that from the games he does & the chats they have he works out roughly whose polling ok
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Flag No.10 Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:13 am

My concern would be if they are adjusting the free kick count in the second half to even it up.
Flag No.10

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Jul 30, 2017 11:20 am

Flag No.10 wrote:My concern would be if they are adjusting the free kick count in the second half to even it up.

I think they do, it can't be a coincidence that many times
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by scott Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:18 pm

I think it may be more a case of umpires being 'coached' at each break by their observers. So for example umps might be real hot on holding the ball or push in the back calls in the first half and at half time get told by their coach that perhaps that's the case, so they second-guess themselves more and don't necessarily pay as many in the second half or definitely change their style. Which I don't think is right as it's important to at least be consistent throughout the game.
scott
scott

My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:36 pm

scott wrote:I think it may be more a case of umpires being 'coached' at each break by their observers. So for example umps might be real hot on holding the ball or push in the back calls in the first half and at half time get told by their coach that perhaps that's the case, so they second-guess themselves more and don't necessarily pay as many in the second half or definitely change their style. Which I don't think is right as it's important to at least be consistent throughout the game.

your last sentence sums it up perfectly Scott
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:35 pm

A player may be in front or close to it from a team not in the top 4, i'm sorry I said anything as it isn't that big a deal
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Jul 30, 2017 10:25 pm

Again putting words in my mouth, I will not answer anything else regarding this, your either trolling or do not understand what I posted or I haven't posted in a correct manner
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down