Thiele
UncleHuey
oldfella
Scrunch
Brucetiki
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Round 12: West v Eagles - Saturday 8 July @ City Mazda Stadium Empty Round 12: West v Eagles - Saturday 8 July @ City Mazda Stadium

Post by Brucetiki Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:43 pm

West v Eagles
Saturday 8 July
City Mazda Stadium

Reserves: 11:30am
League: 2:10pm

West have hit some winning form in late but run into a barnstorming Eagles outfit who have dropped just one game for the season to date. Will West keep their winning form going, or will the Eagles bring them back down to earth?

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Round 12: West v Eagles - Saturday 8 July @ City Mazda Stadium Empty Re: Round 12: West v Eagles - Saturday 8 July @ City Mazda Stadium

Post by bayman Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:52 pm

Eagles by 4 or 5 goals
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Round 12: West v Eagles - Saturday 8 July @ City Mazda Stadium Empty Re: Round 12: West v Eagles - Saturday 8 July @ City Mazda Stadium

Post by mickyj Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:19 am

Eagles still have a long injury list
Pup may be back
Other than him it's still a long injury list
mickyj
mickyj

My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:46 am

Eagles should win, would tip them against virtually every side so no knock on the Bloods. Wet weather and Westies attack on the ball and player could make it interesting though.
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by oldfella Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:46 pm

On a somber note copied from the official site

Our under 18s will take on The Eagles and will play for the Jake Watson memorial trophy. In this round we remember the young lives that were so tragically taken too soon, including Jake Watson, Ben Mitchell, Glen Knot and Corey Siemers. The players memorial plaques are in the players race and are never forgotten. We would love as many people to stay for the under 18 game which takes place prior to the league game.
oldfella
oldfella

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:10 pm

West Adelaide could be without premiership defender Tom Keough for the rest of the season.
Keough, who spent last year with the Gold Coast Suns, will miss at least 6-8 weeks with a torn meniscus in his knee.
The Fos Williams Medallist is the Bloods’ only certain exclusion for the clash with the Eagles on Saturday.
Mildura product Josh Ryan looms as a possible replacement for Keough while Jack Evans has also been included in the 23-man squad.
Wingman Taite Silverlock will play his 100th Macca’s League game after also being recalled and named on the extended interchange bench.
League
F: Fielke, Pillion, Green
HF: Turner, Middleton, Karpany
C: Batley, K. Stevens, Haysman
HB: Agostino, Burgess, Hill
B: Caire, Wasley-Black, Favretto

R: McPherson, Schiller, Schmidt
INT: Silverlock, J. Ryan, J. Noble, Bates, J. Evans
IN: Silverlock, J. Ryan, J. Evans
OUT: Keough (knee)
Reserves
Waite, Wilson, Anderson, Carger, L. Ryan, Coombes, Dunkin, Iannucci, I. Johnson, Inglis, Majok, Holliday, O. Johnson, Scott, Vassallo, Halkias, Fairlie, J. Stevens, Lynch, Crump, L. Evans.
Under-18
Nunan, Moore, Gutsche, Caruso, May, Baker, Walton, Geddes-Ryan, Boots, Jones, Gibson, Secker, Thilthorpe, Hay, Laube, Tierney, Milde, Kewell, Sinderberry, Stidiford, Heitmann, Rana, Woolridge, Westley, Satanek, Dunkin, Hannagan.
Thiele
Thiele

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:55 pm

LEAGUE
IN – LEE, WOODS
OUT – ROWNTREE

Mickyj wrote:
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Thu Jul 06, 2017 7:06 pm

mickyj wrote:LEAGUE
IN – LEE, WOODS
OUT – ROWNTREE

Mickyj wrote:

This is from the club email
Boyd is in the ruck comma named twice
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:49 pm

Eagles should win this although the wet conditions may favour Westies a bit. They have played a hard slogging type of footy recently and having got their first wins on the board look much better.

Eagles by 2 goals.
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele Fri Jul 07, 2017 3:57 pm

Tomorrow we at Westies remember 4 wonderful young men who were distend to have wonderful AFL careers but never made it Rip Jake ,Glenn, Ben, and Corey. It only feels like yesterday
Thiele
Thiele

Back to top Go down

Post by RODH2 Sat Jul 08, 2017 12:47 am

Thanks, Thiele....... yep!
RODH2
RODH2

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:45 am

Well done Eagles a hard game to win a wind that was a pain .
Again big names out and the Eagles performed well
Eagles youngster Lee played well
And again big names out and the side won well done Eagles
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:49 am

mickyj wrote:Well done Eagles a hard game to win a wind that was a pain .

Its called depth, the Eagles have an abundance of depth & most of the other sides haven't
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Sun Jul 09, 2017 12:57 pm

Strange game. Over periods of the game, each side kicked terribly for goal or very accurately.

From memory only, I think the Eagles were 6.19 and finished at about 11.19.

West had 3.0 and finished with 5.11.

The difference to me was skill level, stability of structures and efficiency.

The Eagles looked settled and sure, while West's skill faltered in the windy conditions, meaning that what worked last week certainly didn't work this week.

It's a work-in-progress for West. It must also be remembered that most of West's talls didn't play - Wilson, Keough, Webb, Watchman, etc.

That left inexperienced ruckman McPherson, with the not overly tall, but talented Mason Middleton & Chris Burgess as the only others.

The Eagles are a very good, settled team and will I see Sturt and Port as their only dangers.

Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Sun Jul 09, 2017 1:23 pm

bayman wrote:

Its called depth, the Eagles have an abundance of depth & most of the other sides haven't

I think this year is the year the Eagles are following Goddens plan
Younger players playing in the seconds more U18s than in past years
A few sons from former eagle players last week son of former port player was playing
And eagles have some good juniors in the state sides some sons of sanfl players not all eagle fathers plus some just good juniors

Bayman you are right but didn't West and Glenelg get all west Torrens zone last year
Surely those lads are coming up through the ranks
Port old zone seems to be working for the Eagles
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Sun Jul 09, 2017 1:25 pm

Lee wrote:Strange game.  Over periods of the game, each side kicked terribly for goal or very accurately.

From memory only, I think the Eagles were 6.19 and finished at about 11.19.

West had 3.0 and finished with 5.11.

The difference to me was skill level, stability of structures and efficiency.

The Eagles looked settled and sure, while West's skill faltered in the windy conditions, meaning that what worked last week certainly didn't work this week.

It's a work-in-progress for West.  It must also be remembered that most of West's talls didn't play - Wilson, Keough, Webb, Watchman, etc.

That left inexperienced ruckman McPherson, with the not overly tall, but talented Mason Middleton & Chris Burgess as the only others.

The Eagles are a very good, settled team and will I see Sturt and Port as their only dangers.

That wind was tricky we noticed the eagles kicked better going into the wind than with it .
Eagles placed the kicks better than going with long bombs going into the wind
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Sun Jul 09, 2017 1:27 pm

Before I forget some of the Eagles points were scored by west players
Including an ex eagle now a west main stay he kicked or helped the eagles to 2 or 3 points
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:05 pm

Mickyj, the players from the changed zones will come through but not immediately, as for Lees' comment on the dangers to the Eagles, to his power reserves & Sturt I'll add Norwood & how mentally tough they are going to be going into any grand final this year because of what's happened in the last two years
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:17 pm

bayman wrote:Mickyj, the players from the changed zones will come through but not immediately, as for Lees' comment on the dangers to the Eagles, to his power reserves & Sturt  I'll add Norwood & how mentally tough they are going to be going into any grand final this year because of what's happened in the last two years

True with that
Yet the Eagles have young guys playing league guess it's the players advancing in time
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:03 pm

mickyj wrote:
bayman wrote:

A few sons from former eagle players last week son of former port player was playing
And eagles have some good juniors in the state sides some sons of sanfl players not all eagle fathers plus some just good juniors

Bayman you are right but didn't West and Glenelg get all west Torrens zone last year

The Eagles lost some of their zone to Glenelg, almost none to West, except for a large area up to Grand Junction Road, with very few football participants.

West's zone is a narrow strip that unbelievably runs from around Happy Valley to Grand Junction Road.

Participation rates have been released to the clubs. Clubs average about 2600 in the particular age group. The highest is Norwood on about 2900, the lowest West on 2300. That's a huge 600 discrepancy.

The new boundaries will be out soon for clubs to comment. The difficulty the Boundaries Commission has is that it's extremely difficult to fairly allocate boundaries, due to the unusual distribution of population and growth in different areas.

That leads to situations where some clubs get luckier than others and it's hard to allocate fairly and maintain 'heartland'. It's not an easy task.

Right now, West have virtually no 'football schools'. Our neighbours, Glenelg have only Sacred Heart, Immanuel, Brighton High, Westminster, Henley High and St Michaels. The last 2 were previously WWT.

West have never previously been in the top 4 for numbers on any boundaries that I can remember.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:23 pm

Lee wrote:
mickyj wrote:
bayman wrote:

The Eagles lost some of their zone to Glenelg, almost none to West, except for a large area up to Grand Junction Road, with very few football participants.

West's zone is a narrow strip that unbelievably runs from around Happy Valley to Grand Junction Road.

Participation rates have been released to the clubs.  Clubs average about 2600 in the
particular age group.  The highest is Norwood on about 2900, the lowest West on 2300.  That's a huge 600 discrepancy.

The new boundaries will be out soon for clubs to comment.  The difficulty the Boundaries Commission has is that it's extremely difficult to fairly allocate boundaries, due to the unusual distribution of population and growth in different areas.

That leads to situations where some clubs get luckier than others and it's hard to allocate fairly and maintain 'heartland'.  It's not an easy task.

Right now, West have virtually no 'football schools'.  Our neighbours, Glenelg have only Sacred Heart, Immanuel, Brighton High, Westminster, Henley High and St Michaels.  The last 2 were previously WWT.

West have never previously been in the top 4 for numbers on any boundaries that I can remember.

I was under the impression the old West Torrens zone was split between West and Glenelg
And West got Thebarton traditional eagles home
Yes with those schools
But the area you speak of must have produced kids for the Eagles at some stage
As did those schools you mentioned going to Glenelg
Isn't Flibders Park now in Wests zone that always supplied players to the Eagles Round 12: West v Eagles - Saturday 8 July @ City Mazda Stadium 3991484760
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:28 pm

Micky, the Eagles have always had great zones and still have.

They are consistently up the top of junior grades because of it.

They have had more than 300 kids more than West over the past few years.

Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:23 pm

Lee wrote:Micky, the Eagles have always had great zones and still have.

They are consistently up the top of junior grades because of it.

They have had more than 300 kids more than West over the past few years.

Not arguing that point
What I've said West and Glenelg got all the old West Torrens zone off the Eagles
One of the clubs West should have got in that pick up should be Flinders park who have always supplied players ie juniors .
Surely they have supplied some to West .
All those decades ago I grew up in flibders park Torrens area at that stage they supplied three Rendalls for Torrens before two were drafted to the then VFL
I went to high school at Underdale which was on the other side of the river west area
You can't honestly say there's no footyplayers in the old Torrens area .

Of course you could be saying you can not look after the juniors no offence meant
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:44 pm

You're right mickey, we did get Flinders Park.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:25 am

Lee wrote:You're right  mickey, we did get Flinders Park.

Finally I got something right Laughing
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next