Thiele
the prowler
bayman
mickyj
Lee
Admin
11 posters

Go down

Round 15: West v Eagles - Saturday 13 July @ City Mazda Stadium Empty Round 15: West v Eagles - Saturday 13 July @ City Mazda Stadium

Post by Admin Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:34 pm

West v Eagles

Saturday 13 July
City Mazda Stadium

Reserves: 11:25am
League: 2:10pm

West are coming off a tough loss to Centrals, while the Eagles had an after the siren win over North. Will West bounce back from their recent form of outs, or will the Eagles notch up another win?
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Round 15: West v Eagles - Saturday 13 July @ City Mazda Stadium Empty Re: Round 15: West v Eagles - Saturday 13 July @ City Mazda Stadium

Post by Lee Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:45 pm

This is a significant game as far as a top 3 spot is concerned. Perhaps also as far as a finals spot goes.

West would need to improve a lot on recent performances and look like losing Fielke and Anderson to injury at least, if not others.

Could be a number if changes.
Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Round 15: West v Eagles - Saturday 13 July @ City Mazda Stadium Empty Re: Round 15: West v Eagles - Saturday 13 July @ City Mazda Stadium

Post by mickyj Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:39 pm

blockbuster
mickyj
mickyj

My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:58 pm

Eagles for mine as they've got into a habit of winning recently even if not dominating these matches
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by the prowler Mon Jul 08, 2013 11:18 pm

I can see the Eagles getting over the line in this one, although their last minute win over North could have taken it out of them and Westies will be after another win.
the prowler
the prowler

Teams : South,Crows, Hectorville
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:27 pm

Wonder how many players will be rested for the Bloods because they have a foxtel cup game 3 days later
Thiele
Thiele

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:22 pm

Thiele wrote:Wonder how many players will be rested for the Bloods because they have a foxtel cup game 3 days later

given their last few weeks & the Eagles winning their recent games, i doubt West could afford to be resting players this week, surely a top 3 spot is more valuable than a Foxtel cup match !!
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:52 pm

We rested a few Reserves players last time, which worked well. Definitely not at league level.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:55 pm

Hoping to see all my west friends Saturday
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by testy Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:00 pm

I don't normally post this early before a game but I do think the Bloods have dropped in form to the point that we will not get the double chance (Eagles to take that) and expect the Eagles to win this week, I saw nothing last week to suggest otherwise, far tooo many players out of form with injuries starting to mount up.
testy
testy

Back to top Go down

Post by Flag No.10 Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:45 pm

West:

F: Birss, Webb, Slattery
HF: Beech, Keough, Rankine
C: Hill, Schmidt, Homburg
HB: Green, Mangan, Bricknell
B: Caire, Tippett, Ferguson

R: Moran, Tuck, Macreadie
INT: Schiller, Ezard, Thompson, Bonney, Kirk
IN: Bonney, Thompson, Schiller, Kirk, Homburg
OUT: R. Anderson (shoulder), Fielke (shoulder), P. Nelson
Flag No.10

Teams : West Adelaide

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:07 pm

West by 16 points
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:31 pm

League – Eagles vs West Adelaide

Round: 15

Date: Saturday 13th July 2013

Time: 2.10pm

Ground: City Mazda Stadium

FF Hall Allmond Poole

HF Goldsworthy Ainger Petrenko

C Jarrad Lewis Mitchell

HB Carey Salter Sumner

FB Raymond Giuffreda Heath

Ruck Parry Powell Kane

Interchange Rowntree Joyce Borholm
Staple Day

Ins Mitchell Parry Joyce
Rowntree
Outs Heinjus (omitted) Thompson (Crows)

Reserves – Eagles vs West Adelaide

Round: 15

Date: Saturday 13th July 2013

Time: 11.25am

Ground: City Mazda Stadium

FF Appleton Grocke Batley

HF Karpany Ellis-Yolmen Dawson

C P Sinor L Dunstan Lloyd

HB Summerton von Bertouch Muirhead

FB Martyn Culley Rowland

Ruck Heinjus Schwarz Blesing

Interchange T Fitzgerald

Ins Grocke Dawson Rowland
Karpany L Dunstan Heinjus

T Fitzgerald

Outs A Dunstan Ellis Pfitzner
Joyce

Rowntree
Jacquier

J Sinor
Z Fitzgerald

Huppatz

mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by spell_check Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:13 pm

That's a stronger looking Reserves line up now, with Grocke back and the others who were part of the lab rats comp.

Some more smaller players are probably needed on Saturday with more slippery conditions on the cards. Would not need to kick a lot of goals to win this week I'd imagine.
spell_check
spell_check

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Thu Jul 11, 2013 6:36 pm

spell_check wrote:That's a stronger looking Reserves line up now, with Grocke back and the others who were part of the lab rats comp.

Some more smaller players are probably needed on Saturday with more slippery conditions on the cards.  Would not need to kick a lot of goals to win this week I'd imagine.
Second week that grockes been named I wonder if he will play
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Bundy Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:23 pm

Eagles by plenty Bloods will be lucky to play finals.
Bundy
Bundy

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:13 am

I am not one to have a side rely on AFL players ! But when they are in your team you have to strike while the irons hot ! Or in other words win every game they play in !!
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:00 am

Westies ae pretty much a 'stand alone' side this year, now that Laird and Crouch are gone.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:13 am

redandblack wrote:Westies ae pretty much a 'stand alone' side this year, now that Laird and Crouch are gone.
Eagles have been playing with out Parry and Grocke for great periods of the year . whatever help we get isn't to be shunned !!
But the main crows power players we have had is Salter and Thompson . Heath(he may play more now) and co have been playing occasionally.
Thompson may come back in as he is the travelling emergency!
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down