Admin
20 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Adelaide FC Reserves - Page 3 Empty Re: Adelaide FC Reserves

Post by Gingernuts Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:12 pm

Laughing 

Love you work Glen.

Now ..... I believe this thread is actually about Adelaide's reserves.......
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Teams : Adelaide, Sth Adelaide, Langhorne Creek
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by mark beswick Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:24 pm

End of Story indeed - Sad ending
Now the SAFC are the oldest continuous league club in SA
mark beswick
mark beswick

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by the prowler Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:33 pm

testy wrote:

Sorry, I forgot the heading of this topic Question 

Testy, go back to page one and start again.............
the prowler
the prowler

Teams : South,Crows, Hectorville
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:14 am

Any news on Callinan? It seemed to be suggested that he might have been offered a leadership role (which one would assume means the captaincy) with the AFC reserves.

If he remained at SANFL level one would think the offer would need to be pretty good to play against his Central District team mates.
Booney
Booney

Teams : Port Adelaide, Chicago White Sox
My club : port

Back to top Go down

Post by Glen Garbils Thu Nov 07, 2013 11:29 pm

It seems no-one gives a "rat's tossbag" about the Adelaide FC Reserves...and why should they? So where do they get the predicted 3,000 crowd attendance from?
Maybe John Olsen and the SA Football Commission can shed some light? The Adelaide FC Reserves structure is so flawed it is laughable.
Glen Garbils
Glen Garbils

Teams : Port Adelaide

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:03 am

it took the Crows 7 years to win a flag with the previous system, seeing this is what the Crows wanted if they don't win a flag in the next 7 seasons will it be classed a failure ? given their list is pretty good & basically young i would say yes it would be a failure & only time will tell..................

as for what Port want to do with these teams ie academy etc i really don't understand what all the fuss is about, the young men good enough will still get drafted & go to the different franchises around & not be all Port (AFL) players
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:39 am

Adelaide's team looks likely to be what we all expected: mainly AFL fringe players, with top-up players.

On the other hand, I've never trusted Port's word and it looks like they'll be trying to have their top-up players from the old Magpies to some extent, with various promises and incentives to keep them.

The Port side will be much stronger than the Adelaide side and they'll push the envelope to the limit.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Glen Garbils Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:52 am

Both Adelaide and Port are looking after no 1, but Port have more nous.
Port should be stronger, esp. with the top-up players scenario, and the old "playing for the guernsey" theory.
Glen Garbils
Glen Garbils

Teams : Port Adelaide

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:15 am

redandblack wrote:Adelaide's team looks likely to be what we all expected:  mainly AFL fringe players, with top-up players.

On the other hand, I've never trusted Port's word and it looks like they'll be trying to have their top-up players from the old Magpies to some extent, with various promises and incentives to keep them.

The Port side will be much stronger than the Adelaide side and they'll push the envelope to the limit.
As long as my club is doing everything within it's power (no pun) to achieve the ultimate success at all levels I am happy.

Anyone who does not want their club doing the same should take a good long hard look.
Booney
Booney

Teams : Port Adelaide, Chicago White Sox

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:19 pm

Booney wrote:As long as my club is doing everything within it's power (no pun) to achieve the ultimate success at all levels I am happy.

Anyone who does not want their club doing the same should take a good long hard look.
i agree with you Mr Booney your absolutely spot on

as for sentence 2....(''Anyone'' i presume means the Crows), the players will be trying, supporters would want them to win, the coaching panel will want them to develop & that's the biggest problem
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by IAmTheWarrior Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:41 pm

I don't understand this objection to the crows reserves about them focusing on development rather than winning games. Surely the coaching panel will want them to "develop" in a winning culture. The crows will need their young players to learn how to win a game that's in the balance and to play a full four quarters of high quality football if they play against inferior opposition. They may struggle in their first year or two but I'm sure the crows can't afford them to be perpetually at the bottom of the table and uncompetitive.
IAmTheWarrior
IAmTheWarrior

Teams : Woodville (now WWT), Crows, Strathfieldsaye Storm and Sunshine Kangaroos
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:50 pm

simply put, sport is about winning, while training is about developing & improving......i want to watch my team win a contest, not win trial games
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by IAmTheWarrior Fri Nov 08, 2013 8:59 pm

Come on Bayman- be honest- you'll take any wins you can get down at Glenelg!! Razz 

I think it will be very important for the crows to win games when they can. As I said, they might take a while in the first instance but the club will want them to win games.

IATW
IAmTheWarrior
IAmTheWarrior

Teams : Woodville (now WWT), Crows, Strathfieldsaye Storm and Sunshine Kangaroos

Back to top Go down

Post by IAmTheWarrior Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:05 pm

By the way- being a crow member- I will remain an Eags supporter in the sanfl but I'll follow the crows 2s against other sanfl sides with interest. When I come home to Adelaide during the year I'll be trying to get to crows afl games and Eags sanfl games but I wouldn't rule out going to watch the crows reserves if the timing worked in with my trip.
IAmTheWarrior
IAmTheWarrior

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:07 pm

IAmTheWarrior wrote:Come on Bayman- be honest- you'll take any wins you can get down at Glenelg!! Razz 

I think it will be very important for the crows to win games when they can. As I said, they might take a while in the first instance but the club will want them to win games.

IATW
i'll take all wins against sovereign clubs absolutely, against Franchised organizations i have no interest & they'll be games i wont attend, they mean Zilch
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by IAmTheWarrior Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:11 pm

What if a win against the crows in the last game of the year means the bays get into the finals but a loss means they miss out? Would you go to cheer and get your boys over the line or stay home on principle??
IAmTheWarrior
IAmTheWarrior

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:16 pm

will be at a neutral game eg West v South
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by IAmTheWarrior Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:21 pm

No way!?! I wold rather poke my eyes out than sit through a west v South game if the Eags were in a make or break game that I could be at.

Wow I just do not understand the level of hatred. I wonder if this is what people were like when centrals and Woodville joined the league? Anyone old enough to remember?
IAmTheWarrior
IAmTheWarrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:32 pm

Yes, I happily went to watch, as they were easy wins for West at the time.

Then again, that didn't last long. Can't remember, but I wouldn't be surprised if their first wins against an established club were against West.

There was a fair bit of goodwill towards Central and Woodville coming in, but they were competing on level terms and had to earn their stripes.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:34 pm

IAmTheWarrior wrote:

Wow I just do not understand the level of hatred. I wonder if this is what people were like when centrals and Woodville joined the league?  Anyone old enough to remember?
firstly when Central & Woodville joined the SANFL they joined to primarily to win premierships, When Woodville & West Torrens merged they were there to win premierships...when Adelaide bullied their way in & Port changed its structure (if that's the right term) they aren't about winning flags, they are firstly & foremost about developing players, structures & not premierships

IATW you've been living in Melbourne for way too long Razz Wink 
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by IAmTheWarrior Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:42 pm

Perhaps I have Bayman. Smile There are lots of things I miss from Adelaide but there's a lot more opportunity for me over here.

the merger was painful for me so I've happily embraced the crows and over time accepted the Eagles as my team. I love the sanfl and get back as often as I can to watch games but I love the crows in the afl so I'm not against their sanfl reserves team at all.
IAmTheWarrior
IAmTheWarrior

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:45 pm

i'm not against them having a reserves team, i'm against that team being in the SANFL in my book it is wrong but most of our clubs sold their souls for a quick buck
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:53 pm

Why is the argument always from the "what's good for the afl teams perspective".
Most sanfl purists couldn't give a flying fluff about that.

First and foremost, I don't want the Crows or Power 2s anywhere near the sanfl. But unfortunately due to short-sighted sanfl directors that ship has sailed.

It irks me immensely, that certain afl supporters cannot understand that we sanfl supporter purists, couldn't give a Malcolm Blight's rats' toss bag about generating contrived interest in the sanfl by allowing afl infiltration.

Who said that the sanfl had to remain at its current salary cap / revenue stream to remain viable? Perhaps the caving sanfl directors might have, but even a lessor standard sanfl, with integrity would have been preferable to me.

The afl can get stuffed for raping yet another league.

Peoples' game? Bollocks.

Crying or Very sad 
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Post by Groucho Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:46 am

redandblack wrote:Yes, I happily went to watch, as they were easy wins for West at the time.

Then again, that didn't last long.  Can't remember, but I wouldn't be surprised if their first wins against an established club were against West.

There was a fair bit of goodwill towards Central and Woodville coming in, but they were competing on level terms and had to earn their stripes.
Woodville's first win was against Central in Round 3, 1964. Sad  Woodville "only" won 3 games in 1964 and played Central 3 times, so all wins were against Central, as the Bulldogs went winless in 1964.Embarassed 

Central's first win came in Round 2, 1965 against Woodville at Elizabeth Oval. Very Happy  R & B you were almost correct as Central's first win against an established League team was against West in Round 11, 1965 at Richmond. Central went on to win 8 games that season including dual victories over Woodville and West.
Groucho
Groucho

Teams : Central District
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Post by testy Sat Nov 09, 2013 3:38 pm

Chambo Off To Work We Go wrote:Why is the argument always from the "what's good for the afl teams perspective".
Most sanfl purists couldn't give a flying fluff about that.

First and foremost, I don't want the Crows or Power 2s anywhere near the sanfl. But unfortunately due to short-sighted sanfl directors that ship has sailed.

It irks me immensely, that certain afl supporters cannot understand that we sanfl supporter purists, couldn't give a Malcolm Blight's rats' toss bag about generating contrived interest in the sanfl by allowing afl infiltration.

Who said that the sanfl had to remain at its current salary cap / revenue stream to remain viable? Perhaps the caving sanfl directors might have, but even a lessor standard sanfl, with integrity would have been preferable to me.

The afl can get stuffed for raping yet another league.

Peoples' game? Bollocks.

Crying or Very sad 
Says it all for me as well Chambo .
testy
testy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next