should Adelaide reserves have a home ground?

+4
Scrunch
countrycousin
bayman
Lee
8 posters

Go down

should Adelaide reserves have a home ground?  Empty should Adelaide reserves have a home ground?

Post by bayman Sun Sep 04, 2016 8:28 pm

Firstly I'm dead & alive against them in the sanfl, however seeing they are should they have a home ground?

Given it costs clubs money to operate home games I think they should the extra home game per club as I understand it is a burden on those 8 clubs, I'll suggest a former sanfl oval could be used for football again, how does Wayville/Adelaide Showgrounds sound? :
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

should Adelaide reserves have a home ground?  Empty Re: should Adelaide reserves have a home ground?

Post by Lee Sun Sep 04, 2016 8:30 pm

It doesn't cost money to have home fames, bayman.

The more home games, the better. Gate takings, bar and kiosk sales and meals and drinks after the game make them profitable.
Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

should Adelaide reserves have a home ground?  Empty Re: should Adelaide reserves have a home ground?

Post by bayman Sun Sep 04, 2016 8:43 pm

Interesting that's what I would have thought but was told by a mutual friend it costs clubs money, either way should in a home and away season they play home & away?
Would Wayville be a good choice?
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Sun Sep 04, 2016 9:02 pm

Id go the other way Adelaide has no home ground there for port should have no home ground .
Or if port continue to have a home ground
1 Adelaide should or
2 port should either pay the 50 grand a year or sell that oval to home developers and the entire money from the oval go to the SANFL .

Failing all that both afl seconds teams should have the same rules to play by .
mickyj
mickyj

My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by countrycousin Sun Sep 04, 2016 9:08 pm

I certainly agree with Lee. Our experience is that home games are profitable provided:
1. You can get the attendances to them. Ours have mostly been pretty good in recent times.
2. You have the volunteers to put in the work to cater for them. Again we have a strong "Team behind the team".
We were able to negotiate a pretty good deal with Adelaide this year to swap our second game against them from Unley to Thebarton. I haven't seen the financial result on that, but I believe it was worthwhile. Unfortunately we lost the footy match, but you can't win 'em all. Rolling Eyes
PS. Port should be on the same basis as Adelaide in the SANFL.
countrycousin
countrycousin

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:30 am

bayman wrote:Firstly I'm dead & alive against them in the sanfl, however seeing they are should they have a home ground?

Given it costs clubs money to operate home games I think they should the extra home game per club as I understand it is a burden on those 8 clubs, I'll suggest a former sanfl oval could be used for football again, how does Wayville/Adelaide Showgrounds  sound? :

Like you, I don't believe the SANFL should include AFL clubs.

However, I said from the beginning that if they were going to have them in, and continue to allow Port to have a home base, why not move the Crows to a different SANFL home base each year. Ie, One year they play home games out of Richmond, the next Unley, etc. Those clubs could then perhaps earn a little extra in food and bar takings etc? Might not be as simple as that, or even profitable, but worth exploring further I would have thought.
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by southern bulldog Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:00 am

Put them at Thebarton
southern bulldog
southern bulldog

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Sat Sep 17, 2016 12:01 pm

Not sure if I said this before but Adelaide had the chance to buy thebarton oval refused .
Still think no afl seconds team should have s home ground
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Sat Sep 17, 2016 12:16 pm

They have a home ground
Adelaide Oval , where they play SANFL finals

As for a home ground during the season
Yes, the players deserve a home ground
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by killer Sat Sep 17, 2016 3:11 pm

they should get a home ground in Dandalong
Them and the PPs belong in Victoria
killer
killer

Back to top Go down

Post by mickyj Sat Sep 17, 2016 4:09 pm

Scrappy wrote:They have a home ground
Adelaide Oval , where they play SANFL finals

As for a home ground during the season
Yes, the players deserve a home ground

Sorry to disagree neither Adelaide or Port Adelaide should have home grounds in the SANFL they are AFL seconds teams and last weeks 21 listed players showed they don't need any more advantage .
What should happen both AFL seconds teams should play under the same rules.
No more of that BS port did this or that to get what they wanted
1 both should have academy teams
2 all home and away games played at SANFL teams oval
3 all SANFL crows and port showdown games should be played at Adelaide oval before the afl games as curtain raisers

About time Port Adelaide played by the same rules that Adelaide do .
mickyj
mickyj

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down