Footy Lover
Gingernuts
Admin
20 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Adelaide FC Reserves - Page 5 Empty Re: Adelaide FC Reserves

Post by the prowler Sat Nov 16, 2013 1:55 pm

for sure, playing in a losing team is no way to impress for selection to the B I G league
the prowler
the prowler

Teams : South,Crows, Hectorville
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by countrycousin Sat Nov 16, 2013 2:26 pm

Big Phil wrote:http://www.afc.com.au/news/2013-11-15/first-development-crows-named
Matthew Thompson Shocked No doubting his potential, but he'd need to have undergone a transformation in his work ethic, since he was at Sturt.
countrycousin
countrycousin

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:31 pm

Looking to play a game against Port Reserves in Clare...

http://www.afc.com.au/news/2013-11-25/crows-plan-clare-tribute
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sat Aug 16, 2014 11:28 pm

interesting article in this weeks budget (16/8/2014) on page 5 titled ''young crows''
now if someone knows how to post the whole article by all means please do so, there is one point which has finally been said by Heath Younie which was denied at the time, this part of the article mentions those they got in the coaches box & then it goes on to say ''with that team (coaches) we're conscious of not letting the scoreboard getting in the way of coaching''

so at least one of the 'franchise clubs' think & admit they are not worried about the scoreboard which to me means they are treating them as trial games which in turn shows disrespect to the whole competition & the football community in general
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:17 am

Some clubs have put in ordinary performances then if they took games seriously and lost to a team that didn't care.
Paul
Paul

Teams : Sturt, Adelaide, South Whyalla, Tottenham, Celtic, Adelaide Thunderbirds, 36'ers, Adelaide United, Redbacks, Adelaide Bite, Adelaide Lightning, Dallas Mavericks

http://funjoint.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Sun Aug 17, 2014 7:53 pm

Or maybe the Crows coaches got it right for those games.
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:14 am

bayman wrote:interesting article in this weeks budget (16/8/2014) on page 5 titled ''young crows''
       now if someone knows how to post the whole article by all means please do so, there is one point which has finally been said by Heath Younie which was denied at the time, this part of the article mentions those they got in the coaches box & then it goes on to say ''with that team (coaches) we're conscious  of not letting the scoreboard getting in the way of coaching''

so at least one of the 'franchise clubs' think & admit they are not worried about the scoreboard which to me means they are treating them as trial games which in turn shows disrespect to the whole competition & the football community in general

On contraire, I think that believing that exposing your second tier players to SANFL level competition is the best preparation for AFL football is actually an indication of the respect that Adelaide has for the competition, not the opposite. If they didn't respect the competition or the community, they wouldn't have fought so hard to part of it IMO.
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Teams : Adelaide, Sth Adelaide, Langhorne Creek
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:41 pm

bayman wrote:interesting article in this weeks budget (16/8/2014) on page 5 titled ''young crows''
       now if someone knows how to post the whole article by all means please do so, there is one point which has finally been said by Heath Younie which was denied at the time, this part of the article mentions those they got in the coaches box & then it goes on to say ''with that team (coaches) we're conscious  of not letting the scoreboard getting in the way of coaching''

Coaches often say that take care of the process and the result will look after itself, do they not?
Booney
Booney

Teams : Port Adelaide, Chicago White Sox
My club : port

Back to top Go down

Post by Flag No.10 Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:13 pm

But here he's saying they're not worried about the result (which is what the scoreboard ultimately shows). They may respect the competition but they're not honouring it with that approach.
Flag No.10

Teams : West Adelaide
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by testy Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:44 pm

Gingernuts wrote:

On contraire, I think that believing that exposing your second tier players to SANFL level competition is the best preparation for AFL football is actually an indication of the respect that Adelaide has for the competition, not the opposite. If they didn't respect the competition or the community, they wouldn't have fought so hard to part of it IMO.

I agree with what you are saying GN, there is no doubt in my thinking that they do go out and give there all but the end result as to whether they win or lose doesn't matter to them as it does with the traditional SANFL clubs.
testy
testy

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:12 pm

GN, i'm not saying for one minute players aren't trying, i'm saying i read it in black & white that the coaching panels main objective is to ''coach'' & not get sidetracked with the scoreboard, i'm sorry the only time a scoreboard is irrelevant is in trial games
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Fri Aug 22, 2014 8:55 pm

Hmmm South voted no but if they beat Sturt narrowly, they'll be hoping Adelaide win  Razz 
Paul
Paul

Teams : Sturt, Adelaide, South Whyalla, Tottenham, Celtic, Adelaide Thunderbirds, 36'ers, Adelaide United, Redbacks, Adelaide Bite, Adelaide Lightning, Dallas Mavericks

http://funjoint.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5