The wrap up - Sturt V Glenelg

4 posters

Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

The wrap up - Sturt V Glenelg Empty Re: The wrap up - Sturt V Glenelg

Post by Big Phil Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:10 pm

Did you go to the game, waddyamean?

Did Sturt play well or was the opposition poor?
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Jun 16, 2013 8:21 pm

well Sturt were better than us for the majority of the match, they were also a lot cleaner & more dangerous going forward than we were, at least at times i saw a semblance of a game plan which was LONG & DIRECT, Kirkby needs another big man up forward so he isn't double teamed, the down side is we at times look like a rabble & at other times resemble a cohesive unit (with low skill level) but the difference between the two is far too wide, on the upside most of our players a young & learning the caper but whether this is enough to give the coach another year i don't know but i doubt it, was impressed that after the ordinary third term we responded by having a big crack & never giving in & we had Sturt panicking during the term even though they weren't going to lose, also how many former bay players kicked goals today ?
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by countrycousin Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:43 pm

I think it was pretty typical of a game between 2 sides that are rebuilding with a lot of young players. Young players make mistakes and there were plenty to be seen today. We were happy with the workrate of our lads, which has been up and down all year, but was pretty consistent over the 4 quarters this afternoon. Ironically all of our ex Glenelg players were significant contributors. Duldig and Panozzo kicked 3 goals each and Kane chipped in with 1. That was probably the best game we've had from Panozzo since he's been at Sturt. Just the way it goes sometimes.
I was impressed with #33 for Glenelg, a tall, rangy lad by the name of James Lawton. Reminded me a bit of a young Graham Cornes, but a bit taller. A likely type.
countrycousin
countrycousin

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down