Scrunch
Lee
bayman
The Emperor
howthewestwaswon
Admin
11 posters

Go down

Round 11: Sturt v Glenelg - Sunday 16 June @ Envestra Park Empty Round 11: Sturt v Glenelg - Sunday 16 June @ Envestra Park

Post by Admin Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:49 pm

Sturt v Glenelg

Sunday 16 June
Envestra Park

Reserves: 11:25am
League: 2:10pm

Sturt are coming off a big win over the Eagles while Glenelg are coming off a big loss to North. Will Sturt make it two big wins in a row, or will Glenelg come back with a big win.
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Round 11: Sturt v Glenelg - Sunday 16 June @ Envestra Park Empty Re: Round 11: Sturt v Glenelg - Sunday 16 June @ Envestra Park

Post by howthewestwaswon Wed Jun 12, 2013 3:51 pm

Sturt at home by 3-4 goals.
howthewestwaswon
howthewestwaswon

Teams : North Haven, BMW, BBH, South Whyalla, Lobethal
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Round 11: Sturt v Glenelg - Sunday 16 June @ Envestra Park Empty Re: Round 11: Sturt v Glenelg - Sunday 16 June @ Envestra Park

Post by The Emperor Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:25 pm

sturt by plenty - 8 goals
The Emperor
The Emperor

My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:48 pm

we weren't that bad against one of the competitions pacesetters & Sturt were obviously brilliant against another of the top teams last week, i think whichever team has the early ascendency will win the game, logic says Sturt are more dangerous up forward & therefore capable of kicking more goals but i have a ''feeling in my bones'' that the Tigers will win a nail biter by 3 points
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:50 pm

I think Sturt will be on a high and are boosted with Kerridge coming back in.

Sturt by about 6 goals.
Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:05 pm

Sturt never easy to beat at Unley but I would guess a win to get off the bottom is rarely immediately followed up. That said Sturts results and form particularly recently seem much better than the Bays so Sturt 40+. Maybe ha.
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:57 am

The Blues have incentive as the great man the Jumbo Prince will be in attendance to toss the coin and meet and greet his disciples.

Maybe even have another photo with the Chambo, Commander Centrre, now Envestra Choir.

Looking forward to it.

Better than average chance you will here "Jumbo Jumbo off to work we go" at some stage during the day.
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:53 pm

I think the number and quality of AFL listed players will be the difference here. The Bays have none, the Blues have heaps and most are in good form. Sturt by 3 to 4 goals
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:22 pm

after looking at the teams i feel we'll get killed, while he hasn't been setting the world on fire how the hell can Button be dropped when Sturt have 2 quality ruckman, poor Wazza will get worn down & Sturt will win running away by 40+ if not 60+
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by bayman Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:28 pm

well actually there is some chance Massie wont be coaching tomorrow,  as for the record well our side was way better team than it is at the moment, as for ''chatty'' if true (haven't noticed either way) perhaps it is the old adage of if you haven't got anything nice to say, stay quiet
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:00 pm

Could be Daddy Massie and not a Glenelg coach TOMorrow ?
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by The Emperor Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:18 pm

i hope Massie doesnt coach tomorrow
The Emperor
The Emperor

Back to top Go down

Post by countrycousin Sat Jun 15, 2013 10:25 pm

Like most football supporters, I hate going into a game as favourites. Especially when we're struggling for consistency, as we are at present. I've got no illusions about this game. If we can be in front at all on the final siren I'll be very relieved.
countrycousin
countrycousin

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Jun 16, 2013 6:58 pm

did i see Mr Rucci (wearing a South Sydney Rabbitohs jumper) at Unley today ?
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:16 pm

Jumbo was just bloody great today.
The Choir were treated to a rare day out.

It started with a roast sucking pig luncheon with the Choir-boys and some lovely clarets to go with it.

Then at the game Jumbo told an appreciative crowd that he wanted his ashes to be scattered on the centre wicket at Unley just so all the dogs could p!ss on him. Truly altruistic is our Jumbo.

And then he came and stood with the Choir for a chat the whole of the first quarter before Soders spirited him away for an interview.

And then we learnt that when Jack Halbert was the new coach back in 1983 and he said to Jumbo that all he expected from him at full forward was 3 or 4 goals a game. That was ok Jumbo thought, but when he kicked that bag of 15 at Footy Park against Westies, he was ok to tell Jack to "get f...d" for a month.

oh, and the win wasn't bad either. At least we are a game and percentage off bottom now.

Didn't see Mr Rucci, but I did hear that he has been championing the Jumbo's induction to the AFL Hall of Fame for a while. Maybe he does have a good side! scratch
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down