UncleHuey
Scrunch
Ben W
Paul
bayman
Brucetiki
10 posters

Go down

Round 12: Sturt v Port - Saturday 28 June @ Envestra Park Empty Round 12: Sturt v Port - Saturday 28 June @ Envestra Park

Post by Brucetiki Mon Jun 23, 2014 7:32 pm

Sturt v Port

Saturday 28 June
Envestra Park

Reserves 11:25am
League: 2:10pm

Last Week
Sturt 15.12.102 d Eagles 9.8.62 @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval
Port 12.9.81 lost to West 15.8.98 @ City Mazda Stadium

Last Time They Met
Port 19.12.126 d Sturt 11.10.76 @ Alberton Oval

Ladder Position
Port 1st 9-2 60.90%
Sturt 2nd 8-3 57.35%

It's 1 v 2 in a battle where if Sturt wins by a decent enough margin, they could pinch top spot from Port. Will that happen, or will Port re-establish a 2 game lead at the top of the ladder.

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Round 12: Sturt v Port - Saturday 28 June @ Envestra Park Empty Re: Round 12: Sturt v Port - Saturday 28 June @ Envestra Park

Post by bayman Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:04 pm

at last Port with injuries look vulnerable, added to that they'll probably keep two emergencies for Sunday, so i'll tip Sturt to win by 5 goals with big Kurtz dominating the ruck & feeding Tambling & co all day long, Sturt by 5 goals
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Round 12: Sturt v Port - Saturday 28 June @ Envestra Park Empty Re: Round 12: Sturt v Port - Saturday 28 June @ Envestra Park

Post by Paul Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:22 pm

Paul
Paul

Teams : Sturt, Adelaide, South Whyalla, Tottenham, Celtic, Adelaide Thunderbirds, 36'ers, Adelaide United, Redbacks, Adelaide Bite, Adelaide Lightning, Dallas Mavericks
My club : sturt

http://funjoint.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:59 am

Port by 19pts.
Ben W
Ben W

Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:05 am

Sturt by 19 points
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:34 pm

Sturt by 8 points
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Fri Jun 27, 2014 7:07 pm

For the comfort, safety and enjoyment of all patrons at Envestra Park Sturt Football Club advises that it has a zero tolerance policy in regards to anti-social behaviour. Offenders will be evicted from the ground and Sturt Football Club membership revoked.

Anti-social behaviour includes, but is not limited to, racist and sexist remarks, drug possession/taking, alcohol abuse, inappropriate language and violence.

If you are the subject of or witness any anti social behaviour at the ground contact a Sturt Football Club or SANFL official or call
0448 579 021 to report

We believe banter adds to the attraction of the SANFL competition, however keep the banter clean and fun so we can all enjoy the game.

Go Blues!

Sturt Football Club posted that on facebook today.
Paul
Paul

Teams : Sturt, Adelaide, South Whyalla, Tottenham, Celtic, Adelaide Thunderbirds, 36'ers, Adelaide United, Redbacks, Adelaide Bite, Adelaide Lightning, Dallas Mavericks

http://funjoint.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:16 pm

bayman wrote:at last Port with injuries look vulnerable, added to that they'll probably keep two emergencies for Sunday, so i'll tip Sturt to win by 5 goals with big Kurtz dominating the ruck & feeding Tambling & co all day long, Sturt by 5 goals

Sturt have a very poor record in the wet so i'm thinking Port might win by a couple of goals now.....will Port pull out 2 or 3 players pre game to keep emergencies for Sundays clash ?
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:19 pm

sapaul wrote:For the comfort, safety and enjoyment of all patrons at Envestra Park Sturt Football Club advises that it has a zero tolerance policy in regards to anti-social behaviour. Offenders will be evicted from the ground and Sturt Football Club membership revoked.

Anti-social behaviour includes, but is not limited to, racist and sexist remarks, drug possession/taking, alcohol abuse, inappropriate language and violence.

If you are the subject of or witness any anti social behaviour at the ground contact a Sturt Football Club or SANFL official or call
0448 579 021 to report

We believe banter adds to the attraction of the SANFL competition, however keep the banter clean and fun so we can all enjoy the game.

Go Blues!

Sturt Football Club posted that on facebook today.

is this because the police were called to Woodville Oval last week ?
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:46 pm

bayman wrote:Sturt have a very poor record in the wet so i'm thinking Port might win by a couple of goals now.....will Port pull out 2 or 3 players pre game to keep emergencies for Sundays clash ?

One of Ports advantages is that when they hit the ground in the first 1/4 they have superior fitness as a side to most competitors and can go hard in the wet conditions which are always harder to be reeled in from.

Happy to be proven wrong though!
Ben W
Ben W

Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W Sat Jun 28, 2014 11:04 pm

Not bad, predicted 19pts and they won by 20!

Port Adelaide - 12.11 = 83

def

Sturt - 8.15 = 63

Ben W
Ben W

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sat Jun 28, 2014 11:15 pm

i'm glad the margin was greater than 6 points because i have no doubt Port kicked a point today that was given a goal, great contest, Ports defence stood up to immense pressure in the last term when Sturt were coming at them but couldn't get a goal or four, the margin somewhat flattered Port as this game was basically line ball all day.....can someone send in the clip of Butchers' dribble kick to the show ''BOUNCE'' on Fox Footy, that was the most ridiculous kick at goal i've seen in a long time, Kirkwoods' first quarter goal was the most outstanding kick for goal i've seen this year, given the conditions it was better than Goldsworthys' i saw from the same pocket earlier in the year
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Sun Jun 29, 2014 9:04 pm

I think the 10 minutes about half way through the third quarter made the difference. Port took control against the wind for that period and slotted 4 goals. And that was about enough to make the difference. And a lot of that could be put down to Young's influence. Was a major difference and thought he was unlucky to be dropped from the Power.

I think this was the first coverage of a game for Sturt by 7.
If this is as impartial as it gets, then I reckon I'll pass.
Overall it just seemed like it was all about the afl reserves v some other team of no particular repute.

The boundary rider is shite and knows nothing.
Soders it is all about putting it in the context of the main afl gig.
For Timmy well, not sure, maybe just about paying his weekend beer tab.
Casey is ok, and just commentates what he sees.

A bit underwhelming I reckon.
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:41 am

Port players got a lovely reception from the Unley faithful.

Gee, some potty mouths there!
Booney
Booney

Teams : Port Adelaide, Chicago White Sox
My club : port

Back to top Go down

Post by The Hatchet Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:58 am

Chambo Off To Work We Go wrote:I think the 10 minutes about half way through the third quarter made the difference. Port took control against the wind for that period and slotted 4 goals. And that was about enough to make the difference. And a lot of that could be put down to Young's influence. Was a major difference and thought he was unlucky to be dropped from the Power.

I think this was the first coverage of a game for Sturt by 7.
If this is as impartial as it gets, then I reckon I'll pass.
Overall it just seemed like it was all about the afl reserves v some other team of no particular repute.

The boundary rider is shite and knows nothing.
Soders it is all about putting it in the context of the main afl gig.
For Timmy well, not sure, maybe just about paying his weekend beer tab.
Casey is ok, and just commentates what he sees.

A bit underwhelming I reckon.

the opening credits commentary highlights of the seven telecast sounds very much like the ABC commentary team

Last edited by The Hatchet on Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:01 am; edited 1 time in total
The Hatchet
The Hatchet

Back to top Go down

Post by cutterman Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:00 am

That Port kick that went 6m and was paid a mark summed up the umpiring on the day. I thought Sturt's pressure and tackling on Power reserves players was excellent, forced them to drop, throw and do whatever they could to get rid of the ball most of which was largely unrewarded.
cutterman
cutterman

Teams : Sturt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum