howthewestwaswon
UncleHuey
blueandwhite
bayman
Lee
Brucetiki
10 posters

Go down

Round 9: Sturt v South - Saturday 7 June @ Envestra Park Empty Round 9: Sturt v South - Saturday 7 June @ Envestra Park

Post by Brucetiki Mon Jun 02, 2014 8:40 pm

Sturt v South

Saturday 7 June
Envestra Park

Reserves: 11:25am
League: 2:10pm

Last Match
Sturt 14.7.91 d Centrals 4.15.39 @ Playford Alive Oval
South 13.11.89 lost to Adelaide 17.8.110 @ Hickinbotham Oval

Last Time They Met
South 15.12.102 d Sturt 13.12.90 @ Envestra Park

Ladder Position
Sturt 3rd 6-2 58.96%
South 4th 5-3 53.08%

Sturt continue their rise up the ladder while South's season has hit a speed bump. Which side will come out on top on Saturday?

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Round 9: Sturt v South - Saturday 7 June @ Envestra Park Empty Re: Round 9: Sturt v South - Saturday 7 June @ Envestra Park

Post by Lee Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:12 pm

Sturt are looking the goods and are hard to beat at Unley.

Wouldn't be surprised to see a reasonable margin in favour of Sturt here.
Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Round 9: Sturt v South - Saturday 7 June @ Envestra Park Empty Re: Round 9: Sturt v South - Saturday 7 June @ Envestra Park

Post by bayman Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:28 pm

looking forward to seeing this clash, unlike r&b i think this will go down to the wire, with Souths game plan the key, i think they'll be able to cut out a lot of Sturts run from half back & this could be the difference, South by 3 goals
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:25 am

I think the defensive pressure that South can apply,particularly on a small ground which should suit them will see them get over the line in this one.
Key matchupswill be..
Brooksby v Kurtze
Kirkwood v Darth Veide
Eddy v Beard
will be worth the admittance fee to watch those alone.
I think Souths smalls Liddle, Cross, Gotch and possibly Daniel will get enough of the footy to make things pretty tough for the Blues.
I think the Panthers by 22 points.
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Teams : Naracoorte, Jamestown/Peterborough, Tipperary, HolyCross/Ballycahill GAA.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:45 pm

Match of the round this one. Sturt have been impressive this year, South appear to have good structure to their game any their loss last game to Adelaide was a surprise.
Sturt at home in a close one
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

Back to top Go down

Post by howthewestwaswon Wed Jun 04, 2014 10:51 pm

Sturt by 2-3 goals.
howthewestwaswon
howthewestwaswon

Teams : North Haven, BMW, BBH, South Whyalla, Lobethal

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Thu Jun 05, 2014 2:12 pm

South by 9 points
Paul
Paul

Teams : Sturt, Adelaide, South Whyalla, Tottenham, Celtic, Adelaide Thunderbirds, 36'ers, Adelaide United, Redbacks, Adelaide Bite, Adelaide Lightning, Dallas Mavericks
My club : sturt

http://funjoint.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:12 pm

Was going to tip the Panthers but a friend "in the know" has talked me out of it. Oh stuff it, South by 8 points.
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:18 pm

I'm not sure if I've ever mentioned it, but I hate Unley Oval.

Nothing to do with the oval itself. Probably more to do with it's insidious scoreboard, which generally shows a half-time score of:

Sturt 17.9 111

West 3.2 20

(i know, there are no dots on the scoreboard.)

On the way to this score is that when Sturt are up and running (or 'up and about' in today's parlance), they play some reasonable footy.

So will it be this week, but not by a huge margin.

I'm tipping Sturt by a very big margin.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:51 pm

.Caleb Daniel (a dead set gun- should be top 20 in the draft this year) and Darcy Hourigan - (Top goalkicker in last years U/18 National championship) are back from injury and inclusions Southies have been waiting for all season.
Sorry to disappoint you R@B but I think South will get up on a ground where they hqave a good record over the last few years.
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Teams : Naracoorte, Jamestown/Peterborough, Tipperary, HolyCross/Ballycahill GAA.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:03 pm

I wouldn't be disappointed, B&W, I'd rejoice.

I hate Unley Oval.

I also saw South smash Sturt there two (?) seasons ago.

It's easy to predict small margins, so I'm happy to swim against the tide  Round 9: Sturt v South - Saturday 7 June @ Envestra Park 3136717439 Round 9: Sturt v South - Saturday 7 June @ Envestra Park 1654271768 
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by testy Fri Jun 06, 2014 2:44 pm

Sturt to win at home.
testy
testy

Back to top Go down

Post by testy Sat Jun 07, 2014 7:13 pm

M Coad for Sturt--6 kicks for 6 goals.
testy
testy

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:28 pm

testy wrote:
M Coad for Sturt--6 kicks for 6 goals.

this will seem a strange comment to some, but had he played well (he drop a few marks, fumbled a couple of times) he would have kicked at least 10

great contest to watch, interesting tactics today by South, almost worked
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on

Back to top Go down

Post by countrycousin Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:04 am

A tough, hard fought game, which could have gone either way. Some last quarter heroics from Tambling and Coad lifted Sturt over the line. But both clubs can be happy at this stage, with the progress they've made from last year. Some good recruiting evident. I thought Kory Beard did a great job for us. Eddy looked very dangerous early in the game, particularly in the 2nd quarter. Hinge had to be moved off him and replaced by Beard, who really shut him down. Depriving South of a big forward target. An absorbing game and I can tell you, we regard it as probably our best win for the year to date. South are a darn good team.
countrycousin
countrycousin

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum