Big Phil
Bundy
howthewestwaswon
Paul
Brucetiki
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Round 7: Sturt v West - Sunday 18 May @ Envestra Park Empty Round 7: Sturt v West - Sunday 18 May @ Envestra Park

Post by Brucetiki Mon May 12, 2014 7:26 pm

Sturt v West

Sunday 18 May
Envestra Park

Reserves: 11:25am
League: 2:10pm

Last Week
Sturt 11.10.76 lost to Port 19.12.126 @ Alberton Oval
West 12.7.79 d Adelaide 6.6.42 @ City Mazda Stadium

Last Time They Met
West 10.17.77 d Sturt 2.9.21 @ City Mazda Stadium

Ladder Position
Sturt 4th 4-2 55.20%
West 6th 2-4 48.22%

Sturt are coming off the obligatory big loss to Port, while West are coming off the obligatory big win over Adelaide. Will Sturt bounce back at home, or will West continue their revival.

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Round 7: Sturt v West - Sunday 18 May @ Envestra Park Empty Re: Round 7: Sturt v West - Sunday 18 May @ Envestra Park

Post by Paul Mon May 12, 2014 7:30 pm

Sturt have been average at best at home for about 3 years now.

West by 28
Paul
Paul

Teams : Sturt, Adelaide, South Whyalla, Tottenham, Celtic, Adelaide Thunderbirds, 36'ers, Adelaide United, Redbacks, Adelaide Bite, Adelaide Lightning, Dallas Mavericks
My club : sturt

http://funjoint.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Round 7: Sturt v West - Sunday 18 May @ Envestra Park Empty Re: Round 7: Sturt v West - Sunday 18 May @ Envestra Park

Post by howthewestwaswon Mon May 12, 2014 11:11 pm

Unley isn't usually a happy hunting ground for us.

I'll back Sturt by 4-5 goals.
howthewestwaswon
howthewestwaswon

Teams : North Haven, BMW, BBH, South Whyalla, Lobethal
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Bundy Tue May 13, 2014 10:38 am

A draw
Bundy
Bundy

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Tue May 13, 2014 12:09 pm

howthewestwaswon wrote:Unley isn't usually a happy hunting ground for us.

I'll back Sturt by 4-5 goals.

The last 2 times it has been, but the previosu 13 clashes prior were without a win to the Bloods !!!
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by howthewestwaswon Tue May 13, 2014 2:00 pm

Hence I said usually BP. Very Happy

I thought we had only won there once or twice in recent memory, but our record before that was deplorable.
howthewestwaswon
howthewestwaswon

Teams : North Haven, BMW, BBH, South Whyalla, Lobethal

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Tue May 13, 2014 10:49 pm

Sturt by 6 goals
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Wed May 14, 2014 1:12 pm

I think this will be a close one, Westies are slowly improving. Double Blues by less then 2 goals
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Wed May 14, 2014 7:21 pm

This should be a beauty.

It's pretty hard to fault Sturt's form and they'll be hard to beat. Kirkwood and Tambling are racking up possessions and Coad looks to be playing great footy. Kurtze looks a dominant ruckman and there's plenty of enthusiastic support from lesser-known players who are being under-rated by many.

After a rocky start, West are starting to settle. Their likely weakness in defence after losing Ferguson, Tippett and Mangan has been more than negated with the form of Hartlett and Keough. Still's injury will leave Wmest's attack a bit thin, but this should be a tight, hard game.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by countrycousin Wed May 14, 2014 7:29 pm

It looks like the match of the round and deserving of a telecast. Still from a revenue point of view, we'll be looking for a big crowd. I thought our form against Port wasn't all that bad. We were just overwhelmed by a more powerful outfit. But this game will be back to a contest between equals, and the winner will definitely deserve the 2 points.
countrycousin
countrycousin

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele Wed May 14, 2014 8:01 pm

The Bloods will win so I can enjoy my 4x600ml coke zero
Thiele
Thiele

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Thu May 15, 2014 5:28 pm

MOTR this one for me. Been highly impressive the Double Blues, but I've maintained a lot of faith in West. Need to see the teams before making a selection, but this could quite possibly be a season defining encounter.
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Thu May 15, 2014 6:19 pm

countrycousin wrote:It looks like the match of the round and deserving of a telecast...
I think most would agree that Port v South is the match of the round and is rightly being televised over the Bays v Dogs game. Agree that this game should be a cracker and looking forward to it, myself.
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by countrycousin Thu May 15, 2014 7:25 pm

Big Phil wrote:
countrycousin wrote:It looks like the match of the round and deserving of a telecast...
I think most would agree that Port v South is the match of the round and is rightly being televised over the Bays v Dogs game. Agree that this game should be a cracker and looking forward to it, myself.
So you're saying that the telecast has been moved from Glenelg v Centrals to Port v (Anyone really, it doesn't really matter who the other side is). Unless I'm mistaken, this makes 4 times in 7 rounds. Does anyone really believe Chanel 7 gives a rats for anything in the SANFL, besides the AFL B-grade teams? If the Crows start winning, we'll get either them or Power Reserves every week. OK OK, I'm being irrational, but this is precisely why some of us opposed this farce in the first place.
countrycousin
countrycousin

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Thu May 15, 2014 8:39 pm

It's their 3rd time being on and well it is 1 vs 2.
Paul
Paul

Teams : Sturt, Adelaide, South Whyalla, Tottenham, Celtic, Adelaide Thunderbirds, 36'ers, Adelaide United, Redbacks, Adelaide Bite, Adelaide Lightning, Dallas Mavericks

http://funjoint.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by testy Thu May 15, 2014 8:48 pm

countrycousin wrote:
Big Phil wrote:
So you're saying that the telecast has been moved from Glenelg v Centrals to Port v (Anyone really, it doesn't really matter who the other side is). Unless I'm mistaken, this makes 4 times in 7 rounds. Does anyone really believe Chanel 7 gives a rats for anything in the SANFL, besides the AFL B-grade teams? If the Crows start winning, we'll get either them or Power Reserves every week. OK OK, I'm being irrational, but this is precisely why some of us opposed this farce in the first place.

Careful, you might upset people  Very Happy 
testy
testy

Back to top Go down

Post by mark beswick Thu May 15, 2014 10:11 pm

I think CH7 might be getting even with certain clubs for their channel 9 sponsorship - not fair on glenelg though if this is the case
mark beswick
mark beswick

Back to top Go down

Post by testy Fri May 16, 2014 12:56 pm

Want The Bloods to win but I think Sturt will
win this encounter.
testy
testy

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W Fri May 16, 2014 2:39 pm

Westies are getting back into form and their is nothing like playing a side in decent form to improve your own. Sometimes you only play as well as your opposition and the Crows were flat last week, I think this will be a good match up, yet the Bloods by 8pts for mine.
Ben W
Ben W

Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun May 18, 2014 6:22 pm

i thought i would see a close half & then Sturt would run away & win by about 6 goals, however i over estimated Westies, they were woeful today & Sturt obviously were very good, Greenslade seems to get better the more i see him, but i'm not sure Calabrese is up to it, for West i hope i see them 'play' the same way next week, i'm sure my Westies friends would verify that while Sturt looked very sharp, West were woeful
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Sun May 18, 2014 8:08 pm

I hate Unley Oval.

I hate Unley Oval.

I hate Unley Oval.

I hate Unley Oval.

I hate Unley Oval.

I hate Unley Oval.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Sun May 18, 2014 8:10 pm

I hate Unley Oval.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by IAmTheWarrior Sun May 18, 2014 8:12 pm

redandblack wrote:I hate Unley Oval.

Don't hold back R&B, tell us what you really think.

Very Happy 
IAmTheWarrior
IAmTheWarrior

Teams : Woodville (now WWT), Crows, Strathfieldsaye Storm and Sunshine Kangaroos
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by lachlan Sun May 18, 2014 8:29 pm

Any side that trails by 12 goals at half time simply DIDNT turn up to play footy and my side West Adelaide were insipid today.
The players need to react and turn things around very quickly.
We were thrashed by South and I thought our performance against an undermanned Crows team was just a pass
lachlan
lachlan

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Sun May 18, 2014 8:45 pm

redandblack wrote:I hate Unley Oval.

God's country!  Very Happy 
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next