+5
testy
howthewestwaswon
bayman
Paul
Brucetiki
9 posters

Go down

Round 4: Sturt v Eagles - Sunday 27 April @ Envestra Park Empty Round 4: Sturt v Eagles - Sunday 27 April @ Envestra Park

Post by Brucetiki Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:08 pm

Sturt v Eagles

Sunday 27 April
Envestra Park

Reserves: 11:25am
League: 2:10pm

Last Week:
Sturt 10.14.74 d Norwood 7.14.56 @ Coopers Stadium
Eagles 8.3.51 lost to Port 15.19.109 @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval

Last Time They Met:
Sturt 13.6.84 d Eagles 9.15.69 @ Maughan Thiem Hyundai OVal

Ladder Position:
Sturt: 2nd 3-0 61.89%
Eagles 5th 2-1 48.02%

Sturt's perfect start to the season continued with a win over Norwood, while the Eagles felt the full force of Port, recoding their first loss of the year. Will Sturt make it 4 from 4, or will the Eagles bounce back?

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Round 4: Sturt v Eagles - Sunday 27 April @ Envestra Park Empty Re: Round 4: Sturt v Eagles - Sunday 27 April @ Envestra Park

Post by Paul Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:44 pm

10 day break compared to 6.

Oh gosh. Eagles by 27  Neutral
Paul
Paul

Teams : Sturt, Adelaide, South Whyalla, Tottenham, Celtic, Adelaide Thunderbirds, 36'ers, Adelaide United, Redbacks, Adelaide Bite, Adelaide Lightning, Dallas Mavericks
My club : sturt

http://funjoint.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Round 4: Sturt v Eagles - Sunday 27 April @ Envestra Park Empty Re: Round 4: Sturt v Eagles - Sunday 27 April @ Envestra Park

Post by bayman Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:42 pm

i have a theory that teams playing after they've played Port come up very sore & tired & while early in the season have lost the next week, for this reason alone i think Sturt will run away with it after a tight 3 quarters, maybe the Eagles can buck the trend, Sturt by 28 points
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by howthewestwaswon Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:53 am

Sturt by 4-5 goals.
howthewestwaswon
howthewestwaswon

Teams : North Haven, BMW, BBH, South Whyalla, Lobethal
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by testy Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:21 am

Sturt coming of a 10 day break compared to The Eagles having only 6 days to recover should be enough for The Blues to get up here.
testy
testy

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:04 pm

Eagles by 8 points
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by Aceman Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:20 pm

Eagles by 4-5 goals, they are a far better side than what they dished up last week
Would help if they actually played someone in their forward 50 this week
Aceman
Aceman

My club : norwood

Back to top Go down

Post by spell_check Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:55 pm

I reckon having Ainger back helped a lot. In fact, the way the match for the best part of it was helped by both sides having two key forwards in Wundke and Ainger; Coad and Duldig. There were plenty of long kicking into the foward lines, leaving these players one out or on the lead...just like days gone by! Fantastic - if only every team had two quality forwards like that. The highlights package shows it well (from 30:34). Batley goalling after a 70m run would be the pick of the day for mine:

spell_check
spell_check

Back to top Go down

Post by testy Mon Apr 28, 2014 7:09 pm

Well said spelly in regards to having forwards to aim for, it seems to be a dying art in footy these days and it certainly is a bonus to have targets up forward, something most sides don't have.
testy
testy

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Mon Apr 28, 2014 9:57 pm

yep, South have Eddy firing & others chipping in & they're going well too
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by countrycousin Mon Apr 28, 2014 10:53 pm

Certainly having 2 strong forward targets is a big plus for any team. But I thought the work of Boyd in the midfield was crucial for the Eagles. Along with their ability to shut down Kirkwood, who's been dominant for us in previous weeks. The pressure they applied in the second quarter, in particular, caused us to lose focus and discipline for a while. Having said that, I thought the way our guys dragged themselves back into it, from 6 goals down early in the third quarter, was encouraging. We're making progress, but we've still got a long way to go. I think we can make a game of it against North next week. But Port at Alberton in the following round, is another matter entirely.
countrycousin
countrycousin

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum