Cricket - District, Turf, Hardwicket, Country.

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Cricket - District, Turf, Hardwicket, Country. - Page 2 Empty Re: Cricket - District, Turf, Hardwicket, Country.

Post by Lee Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:02 pm

I looked at an ATCA scorebook recently.

Couldn't believe how few singles were scored. All fours or wickets.
Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Cricket - District, Turf, Hardwicket, Country. - Page 2 Empty Re: Cricket - District, Turf, Hardwicket, Country.

Post by bayman Sun Mar 24, 2013 9:07 pm

go the Seahorses Very Happy Cool

how did James Manningham go ?

bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Adelaide Hawk Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:44 pm

ATCA Grade Final:
PAOC 81 & 88
Grange 81 & 3/92.

Some great batting there.
Adelaide Hawk
Adelaide Hawk

Teams : Norwood, Hawthorn
My club : norwood

Back to top Go down

Post by Adelaide Hawk Tue Mar 26, 2013 9:53 pm

Premiers in all SACA men's grades:
A Grade: Glenelg
B Grade: West Torrens
C Grade: East Torrens
D Grade: East Torrens
U16 Red: Woodville
U16 White: Sturt
U14 Red: Northern Districts
U14 White: East Torrens

Well done to Glenelg, and a special mention to East Torrens for appearing in 4 finals, winning 3 of them. A great effort from a club which was struggling not so long ago.
Adelaide Hawk
Adelaide Hawk

Teams : Norwood, Hawthorn
My club : norwood

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:31 am

Had a lovely time at the old Fulham Cricket Club, catching up with past team mates. The club is going really well.
Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:47 am

well done to 15 year old Harpo for scoring 49 yesterday in mens limited overs grade in the Adelaide turf cricket association  competition.....if he knew how many he was on he wouldn't have played the shot he did, but with 2 overs left he & his partner had to go the tonk to get quick runs

he was already in form as earlier in the day for his school team he made more runs than their Prince Alfred College opponents put together

well done Harpo Cool Very Happy
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Sun Apr 03, 2016 10:47 am

LESS TEAMS DISTRICT CRICKET ?

A correspondence sent to the press 2/4/2016

* The woeful manner in which SACA has 'attempted' to encourage teams to amalgamate so as to reduce the number of sides in the Premier League by one, from 13 to 12 has forced me to comment

Having no success in this process of voluntary amalgamation[surprise] SACA have now placed the gun at the head of both West Torrens and Port Adelaide and simply told them to amalgamate or lose their financial supPORT , together with dropping one of the clubs to  B grade

These are two of the oldest clubs in the competition
West Torrens was founded in 1857 , and Port Adelaide in 1893

There is a simple solution to the problem.
As much as I have an affinity to the club, having not only played for but also captained it, the club that should go is University

In earlier days, University CC was just that , a team of undergraduates, plucked from district clubs and forced to play it under SACA rules

Now, to stay competitive. the University Premier League team resembles a bag of licorice allsorts: graduates, undergraduates and various others

In earlier years Teachers College were in the  A grade competition
They have gone

The removal of University is the most logical solution to the problem

The fact that many of SA's most brilliant and successful leaders in various walks of life are associated with the University CC and supPORT its retention in the Premier League competition should not stand in the way of common sense

On 'The Blacks' web page it states "Please note, you do not have to be an Adelaide University student to play for AUCC
We encourage players of all backgrounds and ages " *

QUESTION
West Torrens 159 years old
Port Adelaide 123 years old
Should they stay or go ?
Should they amalgamate ?
Why these 2 clubs, and not the others ?

Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Sat Apr 09, 2016 9:34 am

WEST TORRENS

This correspondence sent to the press

* West Torrens has more junior members than any other club and has an academy for both boys and girls
Why get rid of a club with history?
Does SACA want kids to play sport or sit ion front of computers?

Think of the kids
The Redbacks cant win a premiership now, so what will happen when fewer kids play cricket ?*
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2