AFL Reserves - they haven't thought it through.

+44
brodlach
mickyj
zipzap
Mods
blueandwhite
AdelaideFC
Aerie
C.K
The Hatchet
Southee
Bosstralian
UncleHuey
Brucetiki
BirdofPrey
JUICEBOXMAN
eartotheground
CB10
Scrappy
testy
Carman09
The Emperor
the prowler
Big Phil
ecky
Admin
Ben W
howthewestwaswon
Gingernuts
Scrunch
Go Legs
Thiele
PhilH
spell_check
mark beswick
bayman
bigclock
firstblood
oldfella
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Booney
countrycousin
Flag No.10
waddayamean
Lee
48 posters

Page 27 of 27 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 25, 26, 27

Go down

AFL Reserves - they haven't thought it through. - Page 27 Empty Re: AFL Reserves - they haven't thought it through.

Post by howthewestwaswon Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:58 am

It will be interesting, that's for sure. After all, weren't Woodville introduced to the comp to 'curtail' the strong development of the initial Port zone??
howthewestwaswon
howthewestwaswon

Teams : North Haven, BMW, BBH, South Whyalla, Lobethal
My club : west

Back to top Go down

AFL Reserves - they haven't thought it through. - Page 27 Empty Re: AFL Reserves - they haven't thought it through.

Post by Flag No.10 Tue Sep 17, 2013 12:37 pm

With Port delisting Pfeiffer, that should cancel out the need to compensate Norwood for losing one of Grigg and Jonas to the Crows shouldn't it?
Flag No.10

Teams : West Adelaide

Back to top Go down

Post by ca Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:49 pm

Flag No.9 wrote:With Port delisting Pfeiffer, that should cancel out the need to compensate Norwood for losing one of Grigg and Jonas to the Crows shouldn't it?
You can't be serious? Personally I dont think there should of been any concession to us but I'm not sure I agree with this logic. I dont know why West supporters are so upset after your penalty appeared to be manipulated in such  a way that it had virtually no effect. I expect other clubs to be annoyed though and I cant blame them.
ca
ca

Back to top Go down

Post by Flag No.10 Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:41 pm

Well I'm not completely serious but there's some logic to it isn't there? If they want to be compensated for losing 2 players to the SA AFL teams, but then they get one back, why shouldn't that be taken into account?
What if you got Pfeiffer, Jonas and Brown back, do you think it would still be fair to be compensated for losing the other two?

As for West's penalty having no effect, a $50,000 fine is not without a dramatic effect, especially when we are losing a very good coach because we apparently can't afford him.
Flag No.10

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:11 pm

Flag No.9 wrote:Well I'm not completely serious but there's some logic to it isn't there? If they want to be compensated for losing 2 players to the SA AFL teams, but then they get one back, why shouldn't that be taken into account?
That would make sense if they were in line to get a compensation pick for Pfeiffer (ie, either the Player or the pick) but they're not.

Notwithstanding the issue of whether they should be receiving any compensation in the first place.
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by Flag No.10 Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:33 am

Scrunch wrote:
That would make sense if they were in line to get a compensation pick for Pfeiffer (ie, either the Player or the pick) but they're not.

Not quite sure what you mean Scrunch, a compensation pick in what?
Flag No.10

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sat Sep 21, 2013 11:25 pm

so what happened with respecting the SANFL & the SANFL doctors having a final or equal say in so called injuries ?

as soon as the Crows bullied their way into a prestigious league their word has back fired or does it start next year ?

Lewis Johnson has been declared unfit by the Crows doctor yet the North doctor thinks he's fine to play, this is a disgrace because if a soccer player, basketballer etc were injured like this (sprained ankle) they'd be up & about playing the next game & remember Lewis played almost 3 quarters with it last week

the ink is still wet on the agreement papers & the Crows show this distinct lack of respect what is it going to be like by half way through next year ?....6 blokes need their heads read
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:55 pm

I think we know how much respect the Crows will pay to their agreement to play properly.

Probably about the same respect the Magpies paid to their agreement to keep the Power/Maggies football departments separate.
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:42 pm

I hope that everyone that thought it was a good idea for the Cows and the Smears to have sides in the SANFL thought about the outcome as shown in this picture because it very well may be the future of the SANFL. The grand final becomes the domain of the two AFL Reserves teams year in and year out - and no one turns up to watch it....

AFL Reserves - they haven't thought it through. - Page 27 54182112
Ben W
Ben W

Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by Gingernuts Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:40 am

Yes, the grand final of a development league run by the AFL in rugby league heartland is the perfect example of what will happen to the SANFL.

Not.

Completely different environment and circumstances. I can't believe people are underselling the standard of the SANFL so much. I doubt very much whether either side will make finals on a regular basis, if at all.
Gingernuts
Gingernuts

Teams : Adelaide, Sth Adelaide, Langhorne Creek
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:03 pm

Agreed Ginge. The NEAFL has always been a development leauge, it never had nor will have the prestige of the SANFL so it's hardly comparing apples with apples.
Booney
Booney

Teams : Port Adelaide, Chicago White Sox
My club : port

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilH Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:22 pm

Also this wasn't really the grand final, that was last week.

in Brisbane - Brisbane v Aspley
in Canberra - Sydney v Belconnen

the cross conference game is really an added extra.

Won't exist next year due the reduction of teams 19-14 so it is one conference.

TAS GF got 5,500
VFL GF 15,000
WAFL GF 20,008
PhilH
PhilH

Teams : Eagles, Adelaide Bite, Green Bay Packers, Milwaukee Brewers
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by testy Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:15 pm

Gingernuts wrote:Yes, the grand final of a development league run by the AFL in rugby league heartland is the perfect example of what will happen to the SANFL.

Not.

Completely different environment and circumstances. I can't believe people are underselling the standard of the SANFL so much. I doubt very much whether either side will make finals on a regular basis, if at all.
Spot on Gingernuts, just another example of people getting carried away. Rolling Eyes 
testy
testy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:49 pm

It's extraordinary just how much negativity there is about SANFL football and the standard.

I'd say there aren't too many teams of the last 20 years or so that would beat the current Norwood team.

So as not to disappoint the Norwood fans, how they assembled that team is another question. But the standard of that team is as good as I've seen for a long time. For young players, I haven't seen any better group than the current group at Norwood.

I'm now looking forward to next year (and the rest of this). Westies play the finals without any AFL players - would have been nice to have Crouch, Porplyzia and Laird. - but won't be affected next year.

SANFL, it's in my blood and I embrace whatever next year brings.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:01 pm

short memory r&b i'd suggest the Central team in the early to mid 2000's would give this Norwood team a real hard & close contest

----------------------------------------------------------------
20,008 to the WAFL grand final.....is that because West Coast reserves were playing & their supporters turned up too making three groups of supporters going !!!

bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:05 pm

I said 'as good', Bayman.

I don't think I've seen a side so much better than the rest of the comp for a long time.

Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by PhilH Fri Sep 27, 2013 5:52 pm

Heard on radio that we should stay tuned for a "sub" in the SANFL.
PhilH
PhilH

Teams : Eagles, Adelaide Bite, Green Bay Packers, Milwaukee Brewers
My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:05 pm

PhilH wrote:Heard on radio that we should stay tuned for a "sub" in the SANFL.
Have no problem with the sub coming into the SANFL, on the proviso that, like the AFL, we can have 4 on the bench (including the sub)...
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:45 pm

But the sanfl is nowhere near as fast as the afl.
The injuries are nowhere near as critical as a result.
So we need a sub rule because.......?
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:39 pm

Chambo Off To Work We Go wrote:But the sanfl is nowhere near as fast as the afl.
The injuries are nowhere near as critical as a result.
So we need a sub rule because.......?
sadly it's only a matter of time before the sign at footy park changes to aflsa, & there is your answer Wink 
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Flag No.10 Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:57 pm

Not that I have heard anything to this effect, but what would happen if Port Magpies were found to have breached the salary cap (again) this year? i.e would the normal penalty of a recruiting ban still be practicable given their changed circumstances from next year?
Flag No.10

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:57 pm

while it is way too late & i think it was ''agreed upon'' before any club meetings (the why we are voting yes seminar) happened.......we've all heard from various people & not just my club with the ''would you knock back $50,000.00 per year for 15 years'' well i'm absolutely positive every club could find 50 members donating an extra $20.00 per week (direct debit) for 52 weeks that equates to $52,000.00 per year...after 15 years that is an extra $30,000.00 better off than selling your soul & btw i think you would find more members than just 50 donating $20.00 per week
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by testy Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:58 pm

You may well be right there Bayman but its all too late now, the wound has been open for two germs to infiltrate and sully the SANFL forever. Evil or Very Mad 
testy
testy

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:31 pm

bayman wrote:short memory r&b i'd suggest the Central team in the early to mid 2000's would give this Norwood team a real hard & close contest
Would suggest youre being very polite toward Norwood and the current state of the competition there Bayman. I think Central would do them comfortably.

That said, the further you go back (to a point) you could likely find a team better than those that followed.
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 27 of 27 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 25, 26, 27