Big Phil
Scrappy
robranisgod
brodlach
Admin
19 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Round 5: Norwood v West.  Thursday 25 April @ Coopers Stadium - Page 3 Empty Re: Round 5: Norwood v West. Thursday 25 April @ Coopers Stadium

Post by Lee Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:42 am

Agree, betting should have no consideration when sides are named.

You also forget that it was difficult for West and Norwood to name exact sides this week, due to the Anzac Day game being so early in the week compared to normal.

On top of that, as Adelaide played on Sunday, their selections weren't known also.
Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Round 5: Norwood v West.  Thursday 25 April @ Coopers Stadium - Page 3 Empty Re: Round 5: Norwood v West. Thursday 25 April @ Coopers Stadium

Post by Adelaide Hawk Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:58 am

bayman wrote:as for the game, with players missing West have more upside to them than Norwood does

I just wonder how many people realise that Norwood are currently playing with only half our premiership from last season? We still have to add players such as Tim Webber, Michael Newton, James Aish and Michael Chippendale, amongst several others to that unit. On top of that, we managed to pull off a game that was psycologically lost at half time. Norwood can improve on our current performances a fair bit.

And sorry Bayman, nobody is forcing you to bet on football, if you are not pleased with the way teams manage their squads, don't bet. You have that option. Being a selector of an SANFL club is a nightmare, not knowing sometimes up to 30 minutes before a game if a player is available. I know more than once, Norwood have lost a player to the AFL at half time of the Reserves, and I'm sure it's happened to other clubs as well. You know that going in when you bet on the SANFL.

Also, when you are talking about players such as Ferguson, it's only natural a club will allow him extra time to prove his fitness. Winning a game is a little more important to them than appeasing punters. The horse racing industry's prime objective is punting, not so with Australians rules football.
Adelaide Hawk
Adelaide Hawk

Teams : Norwood, Hawthorn
My club : norwood

Back to top Go down

Post by Go Legs Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:18 pm

From out of the blue comes a possible thought!

Did Westies nominate Schmidt and Ferguson as injured as a planned objective so they can beat the salary cap this time? Shocked Laughing Rolling Eyes
Go Legs
Go Legs

Back to top Go down

Post by oldfella Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:28 pm

From out of the blue another thought ---- People who live in a glass house should not throw rocks? Very Happy
oldfella
oldfella

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:41 pm

oldfella wrote:From out of the blue another thought ---- People who live in a glass house should not throw rocks? Very Happy

Good to see that has eventually been trotted out. It has affected 3 clubs but could have and could still some day affect more yet it seems certain individuals on this forum have been intent about publishing their own guesses on what another club might have done (all whilst their own have been penalised for breaching). Now that someone has labelled insinuations upon West Adelaide (no matter how ill founded they may be) this comes out. A point I tried to politely make some time ago.
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:44 pm

Collo said he was out of line http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/afl/west-adelaide-coach-andrew-collins-says-he-was-out-of-line-in-comment-to-norwoods-jace-bode/story-e6freckc-1226630346152. What also is sad that was a 14 yearold boy inj. Due to a fight after the game
Thiele
Thiele

Back to top Go down

Post by Adelaide Hawk Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:53 pm

Scrunch wrote:
oldfella wrote:From out of the blue another thought ---- People who live in a glass house should not throw rocks? Very Happy

Good to see that has eventually been trotted out. It has affected 3 clubs but could have and could still some day affect more yet it seems certain individuals on this forum have been intent about publishing their own guesses on what another club might have done (all whilst their own have been penalised for breaching). Now that someone has labelled insinuations upon West Adelaide (no matter how ill founded they may be) this comes out. A point I tried to politely make some time ago.

Can either of you tell me what you're talking about? I'm no good at riddles.
Adelaide Hawk
Adelaide Hawk

Teams : Norwood, Hawthorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Flag No.10 Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:21 am

Go Legs wrote:From out of the blue comes a possible thought!

Did Westies nominate Schmidt and Ferguson as injured as a planned objective so they can beat the salary cap this time? Shocked Laughing Rolling Eyes

No, but if we did it would at least indicate our club had an intention to comply with the salary cap regulations.
Flag No.10

Teams : West Adelaide

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Go Legs Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:44 pm

Good saying that Oldfella, perhaps I should take a cold shower. But for the records, it was a joke.
Go Legs
Go Legs

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:47 pm

waddayamean wrote:Reasonable crowd , 5000 was my max and got 6000 . Not a full house but a good crowd. Where did Wests attacking game go ?

Strangled by Norwood's clearance ascendancy and defensive pressure.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3