Southee
UncleHuey
William
waddayamean
Brucetiki
15 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Round 1: Norwood v Port - Thursday 24 March @ Coopers Stadium Empty Round 1: Norwood v Port - Thursday 24 March @ Coopers Stadium

Post by Brucetiki Mon Mar 21, 2016 7:41 pm

Norwood v Port
Thursday 24 March
Coopers Stadium

Reserves: 4:55pm
League: 7:40pm

Broadcast: Stream

The two sides bundled out of last year's finals by Centrals kick off season 2016. Who will start the season on a winning note?

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Round 1: Norwood v Port - Thursday 24 March @ Coopers Stadium Empty Re: Round 1: Norwood v Port - Thursday 24 March @ Coopers Stadium

Post by bayman Mon Mar 21, 2016 7:52 pm

Port in a close one, by less than a kick
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Round 1: Norwood v Port - Thursday 24 March @ Coopers Stadium Empty Re: Round 1: Norwood v Port - Thursday 24 March @ Coopers Stadium

Post by William Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:59 am

Norwood by 20 Points
William
William

My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:08 pm

Norwood by 5 points against a fast finishing Port.
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Tue Mar 22, 2016 4:14 pm

Norwood look very solid and Johnston looks to be the missing link for them.

On the other hand, I expect Port to field a very, very strong line-up until (and if) injuries strike them.

Port pretty comfortably, without that meaning Norwood are off the pace at all.
Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Southee Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:40 pm

Port off to a big start win The Chad at the helm.

Port by 4 goals.
Southee
Southee

My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Wed Mar 23, 2016 2:04 am

Port by 13, Johnston to kick 7 in a losing side
Paul
Paul

Teams : Sturt, Adelaide, South Whyalla, Tottenham, Celtic, Adelaide Thunderbirds, 36'ers, Adelaide United, Redbacks, Adelaide Bite, Adelaide Lightning, Dallas Mavericks
My club : sturt

http://funjoint.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:09 am

Head to Head
5 Norwood
1 Port Adelaide Reserves

Ports only win was at Alberton
Norwood has won twice at Norwood Oval and 3 times at Adelaide Oval

All 6 encounters have been mostly tight low scoring games in 2014-2015
403 points scored by  Norwood [67 average]
354 points scored by Port Adelaide Reserves [59 average]

Both games last year were very low scoring

Adelaide Oval
PR 5-5
NW 7-14

Norwood Oval
NW 6-10
PR 6-9

What does the past mean for this match ?
Possibly insignificant because of the new SANFL rules for this season
60 Interchanges might help Port as they might be fitter because of the AFL pre season factor
The deliberate out of bounds rule, if anything will open up the play
That rule should help attacking teams in theory
I am anticipating both of the new rules will hinder Norwood who have been a defensive team the past few seasons

BulldogBruce
Does a lot of good work on this site setting up SANFL previews
Keep up the good work
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Thu Mar 24, 2016 11:28 am

Lee wrote:Norwood look very solid and Johnston looks to be the missing link for them.

On the other hand, I expect Port to field a very, very strong line-up until (and if) injuries strike them.

I've seen Port's side and changed to Norwood winning this.

Must be some listed player 'outs' at Port?
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by MichaelScott Thu Mar 24, 2016 12:01 pm

Lee wrote:
Lee wrote:Norwood look very solid and Johnston looks to be the missing link for them.

I've seen Port's side and changed to Norwood winning this.

Must be some listed player 'outs' at Port?

Yeah the Port side looks pretty ordinary...Norwood should win easily
MichaelScott
MichaelScott

My club : eagles

Back to top Go down

Post by bomber14 Thu Mar 24, 2016 1:41 pm

Not sure why everyone was so confident with Port, looking at their ins and outs this year they delisted a number of players with experience who were pretty key to their SANFL side (Logan, Redden, Shaw, Harvey) and replaced them with kids who have no league experience (except Will Snelling).

Think it could be a difficult year for the Magpies, especially if the Power is hit with injuries.
bomber14
bomber14

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney Thu Mar 24, 2016 1:55 pm

Redden hardly played in '15, Shaw didn't play after round 2 and Harvey, despite kicking 21 goals last year wasn't very damaging at all.

Other than Logan's desperation off half back he too wasn't a huge influence on the side until crunch time in the finals.

None of them will be sorely missed.

Redden will be replaced by Dougal Howard who made an impression at AFL level in the NAB games. Shaw doesn't need to be replaced, he didn't play.

Harveys spot will be filled by Paul Stewart, who will at least compete and run the game out.

Barking up the wrong tree there IMO.
Booney
Booney

Teams : Port Adelaide, Chicago White Sox
My club : port

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Thu Mar 24, 2016 3:03 pm

I 'picked' a likely Port side a few weeks ago and it looked very strong.

I haven't had time to see who is out this week, but there would have to be a few.

I was a bit surprised at the named side.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney Thu Mar 24, 2016 3:10 pm

With the AFL side not yet named and playing Sunday, I expect a few on the fringe like Young, Neade, Amon, Toumpas and Impey might not play a game this week.
Booney
Booney

Teams : Port Adelaide, Chicago White Sox
My club : port

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Thu Mar 24, 2016 3:13 pm

Thanks, they were all in my draft team and would make a huge difference.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by BloodnTars Thu Mar 24, 2016 4:55 pm

Norwood have a good record against Port and always seem to come out fired up for the start of the season.

Norwood to win by about 2 goals.
BloodnTars
BloodnTars

Teams : West Adelaide, Adelaide Crows, Gepps Cross

Back to top Go down

Post by bomber14 Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:48 pm

Booney wrote:Redden hardly played in '15, Shaw didn't play after round 2 and Harvey, despite kicking 21 goals last year wasn't very damaging at all.

Other than Logan's desperation off half back he too wasn't a huge influence on the side until crunch time in the finals.

None of them will be sorely missed.

Redden will be replaced by Dougal Howard who made an impression at AFL level in the NAB games. Shaw doesn't need to be replaced, he didn't play.

Harveys spot will be filled by Paul Stewart, who will at least compete and run the game out.

Barking up the wrong tree there IMO.

Fair enough Booney however your facts are a bit off

Redden played 18 games and Shaw played 9 (so must've played after R2). Also forgot to mention Sam Russell, also delisted, who played every game last year.

Agree with Logan being the most significant and Harvey not having much of an impact but I personally feel like Port will be slightly weaker this year.
I hope for your sake i'm wrong.
bomber14
bomber14

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Thu Mar 24, 2016 11:33 pm

Lee & I know Harveys' weakness & we'll keep it like that Wink
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Thu Mar 24, 2016 11:41 pm

as for tonights game ''FIERY'' best describes it, if i worked it out correctly, i think Port had 13 listed players play for them, this is usually the number when games are about even & tonight it wasn't far off that, Port looked quicker with very little influence from their forward players, Norwood on the other hand appeared more self assured under pressure, possibly because of experience & obviously had a player up forward that kicked goals (5 i think), there was a crucial moment about 10 minutes into the last term when Port were surging & Summerton dived trying to make the contact a lot worse than what it was, sometimes you get them & sometimes you don't, obviously ''ifs & buts'' about that moment, IF the free was paid & IF he goaled it may've been different as they had the momentum at that stage & the ''BUT'' is had he stayed on his feet could he have got the ball & goaled.............i'll bet one thing if it was 10 minutes into the first term the free most likely have been paid
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Fri Mar 25, 2016 12:44 am

Josh Donohue created history in this match
The first player to kick a goal for the 2016 season wearing yellow boots

Entertaining and fiery game
Was about 10 minor to medium melees
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Fri Mar 25, 2016 8:02 am

Good hard game of football, that Port team (or similar) will be hard to beat, especially on bigger grounds so it was a good win by the Legs. Style of football was good, but they started in similar fashion last season then fell away badly when other clubs clicked into gear. Long way to go.

Was some good talent on display from both clubs in the reserves - Port looked super quick.
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by firstblood Fri Mar 25, 2016 8:55 am

72 free kicks given in total .... must have been a lot of last kick out of bounds frees, what else could explain so many frees in a game?
firstblood
firstblood

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Fri Mar 25, 2016 9:08 am

Wasn't just for out of bounds unfortunately, they were noticeably whistle mad last night .. In the first half they were on track for 100 for the night.

Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sat Mar 26, 2016 11:52 pm

the new or fill in ground announcer at Norwood on Thursday night made me laugh, although it could be classed as disrespectful, but more likely just parochial he said ''Norwood have lost the toss & will be kicking to the Southern end'' Laughing Laughing

have never ever heard that before
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum