Paul
howthewestwaswon
UncleHuey
bayman
the prowler
Brucetiki
12 posters

Go down

Round 3: Norwood v Sturt - Thursday 17 April @ Coopers Stadium Empty Round 3: Norwood v Sturt - Thursday 17 April @ Coopers Stadium

Post by Brucetiki Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:52 pm

Norwood v Sturt

Thursday 17 April
Coopers Stadium

Reserves: 4:55pm
League: 7:40pm

Last Week:
Norwood 6.8.44 lost to Centrals 13.8.86 @ Playford Alive Oval
Sturt 13.19.97 d Adelaide 9.6.60 @ Envestra Park

Last Time They Met
Norwood 9.12.66 d Sturt 2.8.20 @ Envestra Park

Ladder Position:
Norwood: 7th 1-1 45.63%
Sturt: 1st 2-0 64.18%

Norwood are coming off a bit of a shock loss to Centrals while Sturt are coming off a big win over Adelaide. Will Norwood bounce back or will Sturt make it 3 from 3 in 2014.

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Round 3: Norwood v Sturt - Thursday 17 April @ Coopers Stadium Empty Re: Round 3: Norwood v Sturt - Thursday 17 April @ Coopers Stadium

Post by the prowler Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:47 pm

Norwood , because the big Norwood crowd will get the legs home.
the prowler
the prowler

Teams : South,Crows, Hectorville
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Round 3: Norwood v Sturt - Thursday 17 April @ Coopers Stadium Empty Re: Round 3: Norwood v Sturt - Thursday 17 April @ Coopers Stadium

Post by bayman Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:21 pm

Norwood, the home ground advantage will be enough but only just enough, Norwood by 15 points
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Post by UncleHuey Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:08 pm

The legs will bring Sturts sparkling start to the season to a halt. 3 to 4 goals I reckon
UncleHuey
UncleHuey

Back to top Go down

Post by howthewestwaswon Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:07 pm

Norwood by 5-6 goals.
howthewestwaswon
howthewestwaswon

Teams : North Haven, BMW, BBH, South Whyalla, Lobethal
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:33 pm

Norwood by 33
Paul
Paul

Teams : Sturt, Adelaide, South Whyalla, Tottenham, Celtic, Adelaide Thunderbirds, 36'ers, Adelaide United, Redbacks, Adelaide Bite, Adelaide Lightning, Dallas Mavericks
My club : sturt

http://funjoint.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:48 pm

Another tough one to pick. Err on the side of the home team - Norwood by 23 points
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:22 pm

The woods losing last week will have them tearing Sturt a new one this week one would think, Norwood by six goals for mine.
Ben W
Ben W

Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.

Back to top Go down

Post by testy Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:53 am

Norwood to win this one at home.
testy
testy

Back to top Go down

Post by the prowler Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:17 pm

Any one with updates for tonights game
the prowler
the prowler

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:22 pm

Gameday forum.

Sturt won by 3 goals.
Paul
Paul

Teams : Sturt, Adelaide, South Whyalla, Tottenham, Celtic, Adelaide Thunderbirds, 36'ers, Adelaide United, Redbacks, Adelaide Bite, Adelaide Lightning, Dallas Mavericks

http://funjoint.proboards.com

Back to top Go down

Post by the prowler Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:50 pm

Oops,

That was egg on all our faces.
the prowler
the prowler

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:08 pm

Odd that Norwood won just about every stat except inside 50s.

Beating the 9th and 10th side may not have been a true indication, but against the premier on their turf where the Blues have been shite, is a fair scalp.

One thing that has changed in 3 rounds is our kick to handball ratio has increased markedly from last season. That indicates a change in the gameplan and blokes prepared to lead to space. So perhaps that makes for more direct footy.

That'll do it.
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

Back to top Go down

Post by testy Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:13 pm

Chambo Off To Work We Go wrote:Odd that Norwood won just about every stat except inside 50s.

Beating the 9th and 10th side may not have been a true indication, but against the premier on their turf where the Blues have been shite, is a fair scalp.

One thing that has changed in 3 rounds is our kick to handball ratio has increased markedly from last season. That indicates a change in the gameplan and blokes prepared to lead to space. So perhaps that makes for more direct footy.

That'll do it.

Can you come to Richmond and show Westies how that is done Chambo.  No 
testy
testy

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:21 pm

Sturt's improvement is the ability to defend compared to recent past seasons
Tonight's game is the hardest I've seen a Sturt side chase and tackle for a few years
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:36 pm

Scrappy wrote:Sturt's improvement is the ability to defend compared to recent past seasons
Tonight's game is the hardest I've seen a Sturt side chase and tackle for a few years

i sat next to Scrappy tonight & i saw the same thing, the silly thing about the match was Sturt were never really going to lose but Norwood were always a chance to sneak the win, the intensity, hard working & running both ways by Sturt seemed to be off putting to Norwood, one wonders had Newton kicked straight would it be a different story !!

if anyone told me at the start of the night that Sturt would win without Duldig kicking a goal i would have thought no hope, although Duldig did set up a goal with a smart short pass to the goal square from dep in the pocket, this in itself is a great sign for Sturt
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on

Back to top Go down

Post by countrycousin Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:41 pm

I wasn't at the game. Night footy is out for me, for several reasons. But I just put these stats on doubleblue.org. They certainly indicate a change in Sturt's approach this year.

Handballs: St. 87, Nwd. 140. Long while since we've seen anything like that.  Shocked 
Hit Outs: 22 to 42. Kouta beaten, but we still won the game.
Tackles: 37 to 22. Pressure, which may have contributed to Norwood's over use of handball.
Also I notice Krause didn't play.
A great team effort.
countrycousin
countrycousin

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:14 am

Scrappy wrote:Sturt's improvement is the ability to defend compared to recent past seasons

The most pleasing thing is the very marked increase in workrate compared to the last 3 seasons. I draw a comparison to the 2009 side that played in the GF. That wasn't the most skillful outfit going around but they were relentless in applying pressure to the opposition to force turnovers.

I see this in the current team. But so far the skill level has been fairly good. So these signs are encouraging.

Things in this comp from a performance point of view have been volatile for a while, given player turnover, but this season is without precedent. I think we are going to see a continuation of unusual or unexpected results occur before the season is done.

Hopefully the Blue boys can stay on the current side of that ledger.
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:18 pm

Good luck to Sturt, you cant help but admire the way they are going about it at the moment! Sad thing is its looking more and more like they have plenty left in the tank also!
Ben W
Ben W

Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum