Big Phil
Scrappy
robranisgod
brodlach
Admin
19 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Round 5: Norwood v West.  Thursday 25 April @ Coopers Stadium - Page 2 Empty Re: Round 5: Norwood v West. Thursday 25 April @ Coopers Stadium

Post by bayman Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:46 pm

Schmidt was out for personal reasons....obviously i don't know when this came up so i can't use the same question as i will with Ferguson who was out because of concussion presumably suffered in his match winning tackle last week, so West obviously knew this so in this day & age especially with punting on footy (TattsTab sponsor the Umpires) why & how are they allowed to play ''duck and drakes'' when naming the team ?
bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on
My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

Round 5: Norwood v West.  Thursday 25 April @ Coopers Stadium - Page 2 Empty Re: Round 5: Norwood v West. Thursday 25 April @ Coopers Stadium

Post by mark beswick Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:05 pm

Schmidt USA at a wedding apparently

Liard, Schmidt and Fergusson (and Hartlett in the2s today) make for a very different looking West Side. Shows that you don't need many outs for the ledger to swing from one sanfl side to another
mark beswick
mark beswick

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:28 pm

i should have added bar for the odd mistake i thought the umpiring was pretty good today
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Adelaide Hawk Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:38 pm

bayman wrote:West obviously knew this so in this day & age especially with punting on footy (TattsTab sponsor the Umpires) why & how are they allowed to play ''duck and drakes'' when naming the team ?

It's why they call it "gambling" Bayman Smile
Adelaide Hawk
Adelaide Hawk

Teams : Norwood, Hawthorn
My club : norwood

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:50 pm

Yes, I was very close to what happened on the ground and in the race.

Given there may be further inquiries about the incident, it wouldn't be appropriate for me to comment on what happened.

I'm off overseas on Tuesday also.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Adelaide Hawk Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:01 pm

Where to?
Adelaide Hawk
Adelaide Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post by mark beswick Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:07 pm

Make a comment redandblack - I want to see Interpol chase you via the sanfl high command Razz
mark beswick
mark beswick

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:32 pm

I fly out on Tuesday to Dubai for a couple of days, then to Milan. We then have three weeks with the backpacks on and taking trains through Austria, a day in Budapest, then to Romania for a while, before back through Slovenia, Austria and Italy.

Miss two home games, back for Sturt at Unley.

Had enough excitement today to last me for a few weeks Very Happy
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Adelaide Hawk Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:36 pm

Have a great trip R&B.
Adelaide Hawk
Adelaide Hawk

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:02 pm

footy trips after round 5 unbelievable, obviously r&b doesn't rate Glenelg then, happy to go before Fridays clash Very Happy
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:04 pm

Thanks, AH.

bayman, I have to bow to only one authority higher than attending football and.....

.......she has spoken Wink
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by mark beswick Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:48 pm

LOL - see you when you get back - Have a great trip Cool
mark beswick
mark beswick

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:37 am

West close to the mark just need to develop their game a bit further. Have the list just the group hasn't quite got there yet. Won't be long. Structure and skills seem mostly good.
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:01 am

I agree, Scrunch.

I thought Norwood were well on top even after quarter time, but Westies aren't far away.

That may well be West's weakest team for the year. Next week we should get back Ferguson, Schmidt and Hartlett, as well as perhaps Porplyzia.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Go Legs Fri Apr 26, 2013 9:55 am

R&B from me as well, have a great trip, you will not regret using Emirates a great airline.

Porplyzia?? and relationship to Andy Porplyzia who played for the Magpies??
Go Legs
Go Legs

Back to top Go down

Post by robranisgod Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:07 am

Go Legs wrote:R&B from me as well, have a great trip, you will not regret using Emirates a great airline.

Despite being spelt differently Andy Porplycia and Jason Porplyzia are distantly related. It is something along the lines of Andy's dad and Jason's dad are cousins or given the generational difference it may be Andy's dad and Jason's grandfather.
robranisgod
robranisgod

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:51 am

Go Legs wrote:R&B from me as well, have a great trip, you will not regret using Emirates a great airline.

Thanks, Go Legs, much appreciated.

In amongst all the events yesterday, the Anzac ceremony was well done and it was good to catch up with several Norwood supporter friends, including a well-known former Norwood Head Trainer. It was a special day for him especially and all of us through Anzac Day connections. Footy is a passionate game and sometimes things get heated, but apart from that, yesterday brought all of us together in remembrance.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:53 am

Andy was a wonderfully skilled footballer , similar to Jason , in my opinion

RIG
I reckon Andy would be a regular AFL footballer in this current era
Do you agree ?
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by robranisgod Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:08 pm

Scrappy wrote:Andy was a wonderfully skilled footballer , similar to Jason , in my opinion

RIG
I reckon Andy would be a regular AFL footballer in this current era
Do you agree ?

I was just having the discussion in January this year with your brother (Scrappy with a silent "S") and a few other contemparies about the relative worth of Jason versus Andy. I came down on the side of Jason but most of the others thought Andy the better player. We are talking different eras, but if Jason is a 150 gamer at AFL level then Andy would surely have been an AFL regular in this era if he had been born 30 years later.

Remember that Andy played in at least three, if not four premierships and I believe that the SANFL premiers of those times would have at least been middle of the road sides in the VFL at that time.
robranisgod
robranisgod

Back to top Go down

Post by Booney Fri Apr 26, 2013 3:26 pm

robranisgod wrote:

Despite being spelt differently Andy Porplycia and Jason Porplyzia are distantly related. It is something along the lines of Andy's dad and Jason's dad are cousins or given the generational difference it may be Andy's dad and Jason's grandfather.

It it that I believe. It was simply a matter of how they chose to spell the name on documents when they ( the brothers ) arrived in Australia.
Booney
Booney

Teams : Port Adelaide, Chicago White Sox
My club : port

Back to top Go down

Post by Go Legs Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:54 pm

As a point of interest, I thought the Blood & Tars Guernsey in reverse looked very good, easy to differentiate between the 2 teams, to me this presentation of colours looked better than the normal mainly Black with Red Sash anyway

Anyone else see it that way???
Go Legs
Go Legs

Back to top Go down

Post by testy Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:54 pm

Go Legs wrote:As a point of interest, I thought the Blood & Tars Guernsey in reverse looked very good, easy to differentiate between the 2 teams, to me this presentation of colours looked better than the normal mainly Black with Red Sash anyway

Anyone else see it that way???

Yes Go legs, it is the best clash guernsey we have had, very simple really, just a reverse of our traditional Black with the red sash.

On the game I thought it was a good spectacle of pressure footy with a good crowd in attendance, losing two of our best players didn't help things, but that is footy and can't wait to play you again.
testy
testy

Back to top Go down

Post by testy Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:25 pm

bayman wrote:Schmidt was out for personal reasons....obviously i don't know when this came up so i can't use the same question as i will with Ferguson who was out because of concussion presumably suffered in his match winning tackle last week, so West obviously knew this so in this day & age especially with punting on footy (TattsTab sponsor the Umpires) why & how are they allowed to play ''duck and drakes'' when naming the team ?

The WAFC like ALL footy clubs in the SANFL, name there squad for any game as they like, to think that they would worry about the punting aspect wouldn't come into it.

testy
testy

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:23 pm

testy wrote:
bayman wrote:Schmidt was out for personal reasons....obviously i don't know when this came up so i can't use the same question as i will with Ferguson who was out because of concussion presumably suffered in his match winning tackle last week, so West obviously knew this so in this day & age especially with punting on footy (TattsTab sponsor the Umpires) why & how are they allowed to play ''duck and drakes'' when naming the team ?

The WAFC like ALL footy clubs in the SANFL, name there squad for any game as they like, to think that they would worry about the punting aspect wouldn't come into it.

no it wouldn't but it should

you know when having a bet who the jockey, driver, barrier, weights etc etc are & it should be the same, i was there & saw Ferguson dressed & not warming up at 3/4 time of the reserves & counted the players so i knew he was out, i didn't notice Schmidt was out until i heard the 5rph boys mention it so i rang up & backed Norwood a second time in the space of 20 minutes

as for the game, with players missing West have more upside to them than Norwood does
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrunch Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:23 am

Its ridiculous to think football clubs should have any obligation to show their hand in terms of selection to satisfy people who wish to gamble. Their obligation is towards winning. Comparing the football industry to the racing industry is also ridiculous.
Scrunch
Scrunch

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next