bayman
lachlan
Flag No.10
Mannyredleg
Admin
34 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

2012 SANFL Grand Final - Norwood v West: Sunday 7 October 2012 @ AAMI Stadium - Page 3 Empty Re: 2012 SANFL Grand Final - Norwood v West: Sunday 7 October 2012 @ AAMI Stadium

Post by fatty Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:16 pm

hate your avatar!
fatty
fatty

My club : glenelg

Back to top Go down

2012 SANFL Grand Final - Norwood v West: Sunday 7 October 2012 @ AAMI Stadium - Page 3 Empty Re: 2012 SANFL Grand Final - Norwood v West: Sunday 7 October 2012 @ AAMI Stadium

Post by howthewestwaswon Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:18 pm

fatty wrote:hate your avatar!

Who? Mine? It's been there a while! Laughing
howthewestwaswon
howthewestwaswon

Teams : North Haven, BMW, BBH, South Whyalla, Lobethal
My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by LavenderScented Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:28 pm

howthewestwaswon wrote:Crowd?

29,661, I think.
LavenderScented
LavenderScented

Teams : Melbourne Storm, Blue Bulls, Manchester City, Norwood
My club : crows

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Brucetiki Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:14 pm

Many pundits expected the game to be a low scoring, dour affair, and the first quarter was exactly that, with the sole goal from the quarter coming from a shocking West Adelaide turnover. From there, Norwood pretty much completely shut West Adelaide down, as Westies struggled to score full stop. Norwood scored when they needed to, in between some quite dull plays, including several occasions where they merely chipped the ball around the half forward line.

Westies got a couple of cheap goals late in the game, which was followed by an ugly melee which woke the neutrals up just prior to the final siren.

All up, the game pretty much went to the predicted script. Congratulations to the Norwood Football Club, deserved premiers in 2012

Teams : Adelaide, Centrals
My club : dogs

Back to top Go down

Post by Ben W Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:57 pm

Have just got in the door from the match, Norwood played a very good game considering they had to overcome flooding for a large portion of the game and were scragged at every opportunity.

Very very very upset at watching largely earlier in the game West Adelaide win possession of the ball and begin the run down to their forward lines only not to have any West Adelaide player in the 50m arc to kick to, so they then tried to essentially rugby pass the ball along and run it into the forward only to be caught up and lose possession and turn the ball over to Norwood. Its an ugly style of play which if it does not work results in a loss.

I hoped that West would get the first goal today and put the pressure on Norwood to match their running game which they are so good at, but once Norwood got in front and the flooding game from both clubs got started it became a worry where Wests next goal was going to come from.

All the best to the Norwood FC and their supporters who turned out to support the club, enjoy your celebrations tonight, as Zorzi said its been 15 years and Bass got you there in the end. Well done anyway!

On the flipside, there was quite a good fight / brawl in the last quarter, lets hope that goes up on Youtube as it really was pretty good to watch from the stands on the eastern side!
Ben W
Ben W

Teams : South Adelaide, East Fremantle, Sheffield Wednesday, Danny Green, Penrith Panthers.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:01 pm

i got told this today before the game started so is this true ? Nathan Bassett said on 5AA during the week the reason he plays a defensive game is because Norwood got fined by the SANFL for salary cap breaches, leaving Norwood with little money & with forwards costing too much money he got mainly defenders as that was all what Norwood could afford at the time

surely this isn't true

well done to Norwood, simply too good, i thought Jericho's 2 goals early in the third were the 2 goals that broke the back of West

Cahcia's blackeye is a beauty

bayman
bayman

Teams : plympton, glenelg, redbacks & whoever the money is on

Back to top Go down

Post by Brucetiki Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:08 pm

Well, Norwood had that fine/recruiting ban in place when Bassett took over, which gives that story some credence, further emphasised by Norwood's style of play over the past three seasons.

Nonetheless, the plan proved successful this year, so if true, it's a masterstroke by Bassett.

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:08 pm

ps, the interesting part of the last quarter was whether West would break the North 'record low score' in a Grand Final of 1.8.14 set in 1989...they got there but it took them a while

fwiw, i thought West were a lot better (skill level) today than they were in the Second Semi Final, however Norwood just had too much on them today
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:32 pm

Congratulations to Norwood.

Far too good and the best team all year.

Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by lachlan Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:41 pm

Norwood deserved their win thats for sure. A very well drilled side where everyone plays their part.

West were extremely DISAPPOINTING. Must find
1. Key Fwd
2. Tough inside mid
3. An Outside mid
lachlan
lachlan

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:42 pm

now that they've won i'll ask this question again....

with Coopers the sponsor of Norwood will Norwood turn up at the West End Brewery as per South Australian Tradition ?

if they renig or can't go to the brewery (re sponsors) i think that would be disgraceful & disrespectful, however i'm sure wiser heads will prevail & we'll see the Norwood players at the chimney ceremony during the week

Last edited by bayman on Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:48 pm

waddayamean wrote:
bayman wrote:i got told this today before the game started so is this true ? Nathan Bassett said on 5AA during the week the reason he plays a defensive game is because Norwood got fined by the SANFL for salary cap breaches, leaving Norwood with little money & with forwards costing too much money he got mainly defenders as that was all what Norwood could afford at the time

surely this isn't true

well done to Norwood, simply too good, i thought Jericho's 2 goals early in the third were the 2 goals that broke the back of West

Cahcia's blackeye is a beauty

You do come up some interesting stuff at times. That one is up there.

i haven't come up with anything, a person told me this about 12.40pm today at Footy Park, i found it bemusing yet interesting, i would think someone from tfsa would have heard the Basset interview on 5AA & can either confirm or deny this
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by Harpo Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:02 pm

waddayamean wrote:
bayman wrote:now that they've won i'll ask this question again....

with Coopers the sponsor of Norwood will Norwood turn up at the West End Brewery if the go top today ?

if they renig or can't go to the brewery (re sponsors) i think that would be disgraceful & disrtespectful, however i'm sure wiser heads will prevail & we'll see the Norwood players at the chimney ceremony during the week

Why wouldn't they attend ? Does every Central player drive a Holden ? Every Bay player own a Gliderol garage door. ? Bayman you seem to want to drum up theories and rumours all the time to be honest.

Norwood will be there and enjoy the moment , the players would not even be thinking about stuff like that. It's tradition and they will love it.

When Darren Chandler was asked on 5RPH Adelaide about the WEST END State Game being played at COOPERS STADIUM next year etc. he said with sponsorship it will never be played at COOPERS STADIUM.

so wadas i believe this is a very valid point, bayman this could be interesting Exclamation
Harpo
Harpo

Back to top Go down

Post by robranisgod Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:15 pm

bayman wrote:ps, the interesting part of the last quarter was whether West would break the North 'record low score' in a Grand Final of 1.8.14 set in 1989...they got there but it took them a while

1 goal 8 isn't the record low score in a Grand Final. Port Adelaide's 1 goal 6 behinds is the lowest score in a Grand Final.
robranisgod
robranisgod

Back to top Go down

Post by Harpo Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:21 pm

robranisgod wrote:
bayman wrote:ps, the interesting part of the last quarter was whether West would break the North 'record low score' in a Grand Final of 1.8.14 set in 1989...they got there but it took them a while

1 goal 8 isn't the record low score in a Grand Final. Port Adelaide's 1 goal 6 behinds is the lowest score in a Grand Final.

What year Question Question Question Question Question
Harpo
Harpo

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:25 pm

robranisgod wrote:

i stand corrected then but i thought it was, sorry, any idea what year that was ?
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by robranisgod Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:36 pm

bayman wrote:
robranisgod wrote:

i stand corrected then but i thought it was, sorry, any idea what year that was ?

robranisgod
robranisgod

Back to top Go down

Post by bayman Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:39 pm

thanks RIG, i'm old but not that old to remember Wink , i was always of the understanding since that game in 1989 that that was the record, sorry again but at least i've learnt something today
bayman
bayman

Back to top Go down

Post by robranisgod Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:50 pm

bayman wrote:thanks RIG, i'm old but not that old to remember Wink , i was always of the understanding since that game in 1989 that that was the record, sorry again but at least i've learnt something today

Obviously no one is around now who would have seen it but it was often mentioned by old timers in the 1960s and early 1970s. Even in 1989 it was reported that it was the lowest score since 1914 with 1905 being the lowest score ever.
robranisgod
robranisgod

Back to top Go down

Post by Brucetiki Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:51 pm

Harpo wrote:
waddayamean wrote:
bayman wrote:now that they've won i'll ask this question again....

with Coopers the sponsor of Norwood will Norwood turn up at the West End Brewery if the go top today ?

if they renig or can't go to the brewery (re sponsors) i think that would be disgraceful & disrtespectful, however i'm sure wiser heads will prevail & we'll see the Norwood players at the chimney ceremony during the week

Why wouldn't they attend ? Does every Central player drive a Holden ? Every Bay player own a Gliderol garage door. ? Bayman you seem to want to drum up theories and rumours all the time to be honest.

Norwood will be there and enjoy the moment , the players would not even be thinking about stuff like that. It's tradition and they will love it.

When Darren Chandler was asked on 5RPH Adelaide about the WEST END State Game being played at COOPERS STADIUM next year etc. he said with sponsorship it will never be played at COOPERS STADIUM.

so wadas i believe this is a very valid point, bayman this could be interesting Exclamation

Could this also mean that Norwood, as premier, would lose hosting rights to the 'West End Battle' ANZAC Day game next year as well.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next