bayman
lachlan
Flag No.10
Mannyredleg
Admin
34 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

2012 SANFL Grand Final - Norwood v West: Sunday 7 October 2012 @ AAMI Stadium - Page 6 Empty Re: 2012 SANFL Grand Final - Norwood v West: Sunday 7 October 2012 @ AAMI Stadium

Post by Sabre Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:23 am

Very Happy
Well, in my humble opinion, I really don’t think everyone truly understands what an incredibly special outfit the Norwood 2012 team is. For many years, a lot of passionate ‘Legs’ & ‘Westies’ folk may not appreciate the amazing defensive shoot-out we saw on show in this very different year. A wham bam, gotta-getta-goal now, attacking spray-fest might appeal to some at the moment, but perhaps what we’ve just witnessed isn’t being valued correctly.

On this forum during the year, I predicted West Adelaide were threatening to be our nearest rival. Not only were they playing a potent defensive game at league level, but they were also performing very well in all 4 SANFL grades, thus showing an all-round club depth that could easily have led to league advantages over Norwood as we continued to suffer terrible injury woes. I’m still awestruck that we continued to win games whilst promoting promising youngsters with little more than great self-belief and magnificent coaching, especially from a defensive capability. But we weren’t the only brilliantly coached team in 2012. I firmly believe there was a lot less between all the clubs in 2012 than many realise.

Whilst enjoying celebrations for our all-conquering Norwood heroes, I feel everyone should spare a few thoughts for what I consider to be our very able and respected opponent, West Adelaide.

By failing to give respect where it’s due we do 2 things.
1) We fail to truly appreciate our great victory over a very talented opposition, which only lessens our achievement.
2) We fail to appreciate an opposition who continued to fight and fight and fight, to the best of their ability, non-stop, until the final siren. I was duly impressed by The Bloods tenacity late in the game when the scoreboard could easily have seen a lesser team & club surrender. Equally impressive was the fine speech by West's captain Ryan Ferguson after the game. An outstanding exhibition from a quality individual and club.

CONGRATULATIONS WEST ADELAIDE !!!

Your game style beat 7 other clubs, you rightly deserved to be in the grand final and if not for Norwood’s utter determination and best efforts, you might be enjoying all the fun we’re having right now. Please believe me when I say in all honesty …….

“Our euphoria and pride are made all the more special because of a respected and valiant foe !”

Thank you and good luck next year.
(But not too much!)
Wink
Luv,
Sabre.
Sabre
Sabre

Teams : Norwood
My club : norwood

Back to top Go down

2012 SANFL Grand Final - Norwood v West: Sunday 7 October 2012 @ AAMI Stadium - Page 6 Empty Re: 2012 SANFL Grand Final - Norwood v West: Sunday 7 October 2012 @ AAMI Stadium

Post by Lee Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:51 am

Thanks, Sabre, you've said what I've been waiting for from someone (anyone!) until now.

Congratulations to Norwood and I'm proud of the efforts of West Adelaide and Andy Collins this year.

Great post.
Lee
Lee

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by oldfella Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:37 pm

Sabre, you are a class act - thanks
oldfella
oldfella

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by lachlan Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:33 pm

Sabre

As a very passionate Westies supporter and silver member that is a fantastic post. Thankyou
lachlan
lachlan

Back to top Go down

Post by Scrappy Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:24 am

Win Win
Nathan Eagleton ended up playing in the hapy Happy Valley Premiership team with his 3 brothers
Ironically his 2 SANFL teams played in the SANFL Grand Final
Scrappy
Scrappy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6