lachlan
Flag No.10
Mannyredleg
Admin
34 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

2012 SANFL Grand Final - Norwood v West: Sunday 7 October 2012 @ AAMI Stadium - Page 5 Empty Re: 2012 SANFL Grand Final - Norwood v West: Sunday 7 October 2012 @ AAMI Stadium

Post by Big Phil Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:24 pm

bigclock wrote:WTF happened to westies at half time... were they too scared to come back out?

ITS A GRAND OL FLAG!!!!!

Supposedly a problem with the timing on the running sheet, issues by the SANFL?

Perhaps R&B can clarify what actually happened?
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

2012 SANFL Grand Final - Norwood v West: Sunday 7 October 2012 @ AAMI Stadium - Page 5 Empty Re: 2012 SANFL Grand Final - Norwood v West: Sunday 7 October 2012 @ AAMI Stadium

Post by C.K Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:10 pm

As I said just after the 3rd quarter commenced on ABC-TV, West Adelaide followed the timing on the SANFL running sheet (not to be confused with an ABC Running Sheet) and emerged at the time listed.

Norwood were actually slightly early in returning from half time.

No big issue at the end of the day, and nobody, from West Adelaide, to the SANFL, at fault with it. Just one of those things that happens in a pressure environment.
C.K
C.K

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:38 pm

Congrats to Norwood.

Iam Really proud of the Bloods this year from were we have come from
Thiele
Thiele

My club : west

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Tue Oct 09, 2012 3:53 pm

Well said, Thiele, I totally agree with you.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Flag No.10 Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:03 pm

Was the shambolic sight of hundreds of kids having a kick and a catch on the ground before the game supposed to pass for entertainment?
Wouldn't a sprint and a long kicking comp be more entertaining?
Flag No.10

Teams : West Adelaide

Back to top Go down

Post by Thiele Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:02 pm

redandblack wrote:Well said, Thiele, I totally agree with you.
Loved your work this year R&B
Thiele
Thiele

Back to top Go down

Post by lachlan Tue Oct 09, 2012 11:01 pm

The bloods have had a good year thats for.

What we need to make sure of is the club continues to remains ultra competitive and finish in the
top 3 at the end of 2013

The club may lose some very important players so its vital we replace them with quality personnel
next yr
lachlan
lachlan

Back to top Go down

Post by firstblood Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:26 pm

I believe Nat Caruso recieved a 3 match ban for striking.
firstblood
firstblood

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:45 pm

firstblood wrote:I believe Nat Caruso recieved a 3 match ban for striking.
For both reports?
I'm led to believe he was reported for charging Jace Bode in the first instance and then again for striking him in the all in brawl?
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:50 pm

2 games for striking, 1 for the other charge.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Big Phil Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:57 pm

redandblack wrote:2 games for striking, 1 for the other charge.

Thanks R&B...

Did he get any reductions for clean records or early guilty pleas?

I thought there might have been a few more weeks than that, especially with the king hit off the ball?
Big Phil
Big Phil

Back to top Go down

Post by blueandwhite Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:07 pm

yes attended the game, dragged along by my current wife , a westies tragic. Yes, our house is a tragedy when it comes to footy.
I have got to say Wests style of play was puzzling, its very difficult to score when you have so many numbers around the ball. Coupled with that Fisher, Ferguson and Willits up forward were well held and the delivery to them was poor as well.
The two most interesting things was Westies almost "no show" after half time when it seriously looked like the game would recommence without them on the ground .Also the fracas towards the end of the game when perhaps a Norwood player may have had a little bit too much to say about their impending victory, and was dealt 2-3 jabs to the head in quick succession, perhaps the most exciting thing to occur on the day...??

I must heartily endorse other comments re Ben "Dugga" Warren. Having spoken to the man many times, he is a quality person and he deserves the joys of a Premiership that at last has come his way.
However like a few others, watching him being presented with a Premiership medal burnt a big hole in this supporters heart. Crying or Very sad
blueandwhite
blueandwhite

Teams : Naracoorte, Jamestown/Peterborough, Tipperary, HolyCross/Ballycahill GAA.
My club : south

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:18 pm

It's interesting to note that last year, in Norwood's last two finals games, they kicked:

and

Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Adelaide Hawk Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:21 pm

redandblack wrote:It's interesting to note that last year, in Norwood's last two finals games, they kicked:

and

Is there a point to that R&B?
Adelaide Hawk
Adelaide Hawk

Teams : Norwood, Hawthorn
My club : norwood

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Lee Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:39 pm

Yes, AH.

West's game style and low scores against Norwood have been heavily criticised, but Norwood performed similarly last year.

They improved enormously this year and West were the only team they played in the Finals. West kicked 13 goals against both Central and North.

I think it's reasonable to say that no other team would have fared much better than West against Norwood this year. Norwood were a long way ahead of the rest, IMO and criticism of West's low scores should be measured against the opposition they had.

Norwood found that out last year against two different teams and adapted.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Adelaide Hawk Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:50 pm

I think the difference is that when Norwood kicked 7 goals in 2 finals last year, most Norwood supporters where livid and demanded better, but for some reason a number of West fans seem rather comfortable with 5 goals in 2 finals and very defensive should anyone criticise Collins' coaching.

Whereas Norwood were partially responsible for West's lack of scoring, West must share a fair amount of the blame, just as Norwood did last year.
Adelaide Hawk
Adelaide Hawk

Teams : Norwood, Hawthorn
My club : norwood

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:13 pm

I don't know of any West fan who's happy with only kicking 5 goals, AH.

We're happy that we rose from 7th to 2nd and I'm merely saying we have to improve to get near Norwood, who did learn how toi improve.

All Norwood's opponents averaged only about 8 or 9 goals through the year and I do think Norwood were the main reason West didn't score much. That's to their credit.

As I said, we scored 13 goals in each of our other two finals.

Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by lachlan Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:14 pm

AH

Iam extremely disappointed we finished second. its simply wasn't good enough for a side that hasn't won a premiership in 29 yrs.

Norwood were too good and deserve to win as a club the Bloods need to learn from that and be even better next yr.
therefore I would hope Collins goes on next yr. for stability and the fact he started something and I want to see him finish it.

TOO many times in the past West has fallen from grace very quickly after a good year. Good sides, Good clubs build a dynasty and thats
what we need to do
lachlan
lachlan

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:45 pm

It is interesting as an impartial observer of this debate on the game style / low scoring / defensive tactics etc.

West should rightfully be proud of their rise this season. It could have occurred last year but for the injury count mid-season.

However, West folk will not be satisfied, as no team who finishes second would be.

But if it were Centrals once again who finished top by beating West and not Norwood, would this debate be different?

Perhaps like North, Glenelg, Eagles, Sturt and Norwood too, who all failed to get over the Doggies in the last 6 years (save the Eagles last year), none of them were satisfied either.

But I think to put it in perspective like those sides before them, West only really failed ultimately against one side. Sure the game plan might need a tweak, it always does if you come up short. I am sure all the above sides went into the next season with a few more ideas on how to topple the Dogs.

In my opinion, too much is being made of this defensive mindset debate. It will be countered sooner or later. Perhaps West have shown they are best placed to do it at the moment, despite other sides saying they would have had a better crack at it. In short, they weren't there and didn't earn the right to be there.

Poor Andy Collins must be wondering what he has to do to gain some respect in front of sanfl supporters, and I guess even some West ones.
Maybe that is why he is taking so long to make his mind up about going on.

But I don't think West supporters need to beat themselves up too much about it. A good side on the rise will be back again at the coal face next year. Consistency in finals and probably a premiership is needed before you talk dynasties. But certainly a culture that demands excellence is where you are going to start all this.

Hopefully for West supporters they are not too affected by player movements. A huge player turnover certainly hasn't helped Sturt remain consistent serious finals contenders in the last 2 - 3 years.

Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Post by howthewestwaswon Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:53 pm

Good post Chambo.
howthewestwaswon
howthewestwaswon

Teams : North Haven, BMW, BBH, South Whyalla, Lobethal

Back to top Go down

Post by Lee Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:55 pm

Thanks for that, Chambo. I think that's a very fair post and it's nice to read a neutral point of view.

I certainly hope Andy Collins continues, but if he doesn't, it will only be for lifestyle reasons and we'll know one way or the other soon.

All I can say is that I've seen many coaches up close at Westies and Andy has my total respect and admiration for what he has achieved so far.
Lee
Lee

Back to top Go down

Post by Chambo Off To Work We Go Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:04 pm

For what it is worth too.

When West absolutely flogged us at Richmond under lights in 2011, I thought they had once of the fastest flowing movements into attack that I have seen of any side in recent times.

It looked like they were all on steroids equalling Usain Bolt's sprint times.
(Note: not inferring Bolt is on steroids here! Very Happy )

Admittedly our defense was under that much pressure it wilted and the midfield just spectated, but the speed the ball moved forward was staggering.

This was of-course prior to the wheels falling off around round 10 when injuries affected West's ability to maintain that sort of movement.
Chambo Off To Work We Go
Chambo Off To Work We Go

My club : sturt

Back to top Go down

Post by oldfella Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:41 pm

I believe the season finishing injury to young Webby cost us more than many realize --- a much better footballer than many realise he gives you that big forward option
oldfella
oldfella

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next